• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dead or fading fashion brands

Travel Fox made some beautiful trainers back in the nineties. Must have been squeezed out the market by Nike And Adidas.

Thank you Captain Obvious ;)

Technically it's an initialization. In an initialization, you say each letter of the abbreviation. So, Master of Ceremonies = MC = emcee. If it were an acronym, we'd be calling him McHammer, which I actually like even better :cool:

Actually, McHammer would be pronounced "Mick-Hammer". Like McDonald's.

I am the person where fashion goes to die. I have no idea what is trendy nor do I care. My wardrobe consists mostly of jeans, cargo shorts, geek t-shirts & a few button downs for work. That being said I LOVE the rip-stop texture of some of my shorts!

MC is also an acronym for "Master of Ceremonies"

Back in the days when I used to be a rapper, MC did also stand for " Microphone Controller ".

I used to wear real baggy clothes when I was a rapper, wearing FUBU clothing. I don't wear FUBU anymore and wear slim tight sweatpants now, back in those days the sweatpants I wore was very baggy.

Read the link, if you can, it explains everything :D
I read the link, it includes the Oxford English Dictionary definition which states that Chavs wear real or fake designer brands whereas you mention that they can't afford real or fake Burberry. Anyway, just let it go, I guess.

Whenever I look at photos of what people were wearing in the 80's when I was a kid I still find it hilarious. So many women had permed, frizzy hair that looked like they had stuck their finger in a light socket. The shoulder pads, ew! Everything was in either pastel or neon. The 80's were like totally awesome, but I'm not going to miss the clothing fads anytime soon.:D

Anything not popular in the 80s, excluding leisure suits. Even mullets have their popularity.
Popular in the 80s:
Aviators
Converse sneakers
Leather Jackets
Military style jackets
Some things popular today:
Aviators
Converse Sneakers
Military Jackets
Leather jackets

Last edited:
Whenever I look at photos of what people were wearing in the 80's when I was a kid I still find it hilarious. So many women had permed, frizzy hair that looked like they had stuck their finger in a light socket. The shoulder pads, ew! Everything was in either pastel or neon. The 80's were like totally awesome, but I'm not going to miss the clothing fads anytime soon.:D
That hair style needs to come back! 1980s Asian business women with frizzy hair and shoulder pads <3 <3 <3...Maybe I should get my girlfriend to make her hair frizzy XD

New Threads

Top Bottom