• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Database Error

Brent

Administrator
It seems that our database crashed early this morning and unfortunately I was not around to fix it until now. I have put something in place to alert me to this in the future so that I can at least find some where to log in and fix the issue, should it happen again.

Sorry for the trouble. :(

Hello Brent, and welcome to AC : )

I expect such things will happen despite best intentions to avoid it, and can be put down to "teething problems".

May I make a suggestion please, which i note may not have been helpful in this scenario? I see there is a Facebook AC page. Perhaps a quick note on there to let us know you're aware of the issue and perhaps estimates to be back up and running if known, would help? I think it's the not knowing what's going on which makes it hard.

Thank you,
Christy

Hello Brent, and welcome to AC : )

I expect such things will happen despite best intentions to avoid it, and can be put down to "teething problems".

May I make a suggestion please, which i note may not have been helpful in this scenario? I see there is a Facebook AC page. Perhaps a quick note on there to let us know you're aware of the issue and perhaps estimates to be back up and running if known, would help? I think it's the not knowing what's going on which makes it hard.

Thank you,
Christy

That is a good suggestion and something I will do in the future. Thanks :)

My only suggestion is along the line of Christy, If you can let members know what is happening some way. How does the email notification of updates work? that may be another option.

Another thought for in the future, is an option to increase the text size in the visitor messages to help the visually impaired. may be a standard size the one 2 X to make it easier for them to read.

Unfortunately, this time, I fixed the issue within minutes of finding out. The problem was that I was away from a computer and not able to login to Aspies to check the site. I have let moderators know that they can contact via phone should something like this happen in the future and I will find a way to get internet and see about fixing the site.

Hopefully, this won't happen again though. Somethings you just can't predict however.

In the next few days I will be going over with moderators a plan or two I have for making us a bit more stable and see their take on it. Once I get their feedback I will be creating a thread here to have everyone else chip in their feedback.

This last crash let me figure out the exact issue. Now I am confident it should be fixed. Sorry about the issues today.

New Threads

Top Bottom