• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dark Souls Remastered on Xbox, is it any good?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Above.

I''m looking for a good RPG (Role Playing Game) that's Dungeon based like the old British TV show Knightmare, which was on Children's ITV about 30 years ago.

I've read about Dark Souls, which looks good having seen footage on YouTube and on my Xbox.

But I'm looking for real time reviews from people who have played the game, it is also on PS4 for the Sony users.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dark Souls isn't a dungeon crawler. It's an action RPG and I honestly don't think this is the game you're looking for. Dark Souls and Bloodborne are notoriously difficult games. They're purposely made to be be very hard to get through, let alone complete. My husband has played both Dark Souls and Bloodborne, and while he completed both it took a while and was not without copious frustration and swearing.

I don't have the patience for a game that is set up for me to fail repeatedly, so I haven't played them.

Here Are All the Differences Between Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered - IGN

Be prepared to dish out a premium for the remastered version. If you don't have the patience to grind through the game without dying multiple times (and you will, no doubt about it), steer clear of any Souls games. They are DIFFICULT, hands down, and you won't be breezing through any of them blindfolded. You go into one greedy and reckless and you will definitely get your rear end handed to you. Just a fair warning there, BUT...if you put in the practice and learn from your mistakes then you may find them quite satisfying. I know I did.

I just got it a few days ago and am still experimenting with character builds mostly. It's the first time I've played Dark Souls, remastered but mostly the same as the original. I've already finished DS3 at least once and still looking forward to playing DS2.

Last edited:
I tried dark souls 2 ( iv heard it might be the worst of the serie.) And sincerly I was not that impressed, my main problem was to play with a keyboard instead of a gamepad. Its difficult like a die and retry. The main thing is to learn the patern of each monster, and pff sincerly it doesnt feel fun for me.

But realy it felt boring to me, Ofc iv spend hours on some bosses , at some point it felt pointless to me, what this game is about? The story is so vague , you have barely no interraction with anything except killing...you kill and fight the next thing, alright.

But this is cool visually and the bosses have great designs.

I like challenges when it's in a unniverse i'm invested in, didnt work for me with darksouls.
But they are good/great games if its what you are looking for i guess.

If you have a limited budget for gaming be careful because it might not be the kind of game you are looking for.

I'm after a Dungeon Crawler to be honest, I've played a few decent ones on the PC years ago but I no longer have a gaming PC, just my Xbox.

I might have a look on the Xbox Store after tea.

Haha nope I dont think this is a dungeon crawler in its original sence ( fps game with someone getting lost in a lots of corridors with crazy monsters waiting ahead, is that it?^^) this gendra isnt kind of dead anyway^^'

What do you like about dungeon crawler? maybe you can find some of the aspect you like about dungeon crawler in others game?

Hva you heard of amnesia?

Divinity Original Sin is another good alternative to Diablo. That should be available for Xbox. And whilst it's not an RPG, nor can I strictly call it a dungeon crawler, I must recommend Hellblade now that it's on Xbox. It's a phenomenal work of art, really worth picking up and playing with a good pair of headphones.

I was playing more Dark Souls (remastered, again) yesterday...it stands out from DS3 quite a bit. A lot more interconnected, so you can head off to wherever you want and face the consequences (or victory?) from there...and I'm rambling here ain't I?

Anyways, went into Blighttown and fell off several ledges (it's a cramped space), got caught by blowdart snipers and poisoned to death, fell off another ledge trying to make a tricky jump, swarmed by oversized mosquitoes, not sure where to go...yeah, you might want to look into a dungeon crawler instead. Save yourself the hassle if you value your sanity.

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying Dark Souls and it's going to be beat eventually...except for the part where I die more times than can be counted on both hands and feet.

Last edited:
I bought Diablo 3 last week, it's actually decent but NOT a Dungeon crawler although it is quest based role playing.

New Threads

Top Bottom