• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Current book(s) you're reading?

Finished listening to World War Z on audiobook. It was a great way to listen since there was an entire cast of readers doing voices for all the book's characters.

I'm currently reading these two...

"Primetime Propaganda: The True Hollywood Story of How the Left Took Over Your TV" by Ben Shapiro
"Untouchable: The Strange Life and Tragic Death of Michael Jackson" by Randall Sullivan

I kid you not. I still read this book:

C360_2011-11-2223-16-32.jpg

The Tax Workbook

An Unquiet Mind: A Memoir of Moods and Madness by Kay Redfield Jamison.

My therapist recommended it, as I am trying to write about my own struggles with mental illness and bipolar disorder. I am not far into it yet, but I am certainly compelled to stick with it.

I wish I was reading a book! I am waiting for eye surgery so I'm online instead. It's great to see what everyone else is reading. It gives me ideas for the future.

I'm currently reading 4 (well, mostly re-reading, technically.) I often will switch back and forth depending on my mood at the given time or if something I've just seen or read online triggered more interest in one over the others.
1. The Road to Middle-Earth - Tom Shippey
2. De Vita Caesarum - Suetonius
3. Lord of the Rings - JRR Tolkien
4. Rhetoric - Aristotle

About halfway though The Orchard Keeper by Cormac McCarthy. Honestly not enjoying it that much, but I want to finish it (I am perfectly willing to give up on a book I'm not enjoying rather than suffer through it in the spirit of finishing what I begin) since McCarthy is usually a writer I like a lot (this was his first novel, maybe that's part of why I don't like this one as much).

Something funny I just remembered, last night, I had a dream about meeting an English professor I had who was the editor of the Cormac McCarthy journal, and I asked him "Does anything ever end up happening in The Orchard Keeper? I'm about halfway through and nothing much seems to be happening," but didn't get a clear answer.

Last edited:
A book called The Book of Barely Imagined Beings, which is kind of a "21st century bestiary" of various unusual creatures (including human beings).

I am listening to an audiobook called Dr. Who: Dead Air, its quite good even funny in parts. Also I have just received The Cloud-spotters Guide by Gavin Pretor-Pinney, its an unusual subject but over the last 12 years I have developed an interest in clouds and their formation and this book was recommended.

PINOCCHIO. Re-reading.
I had forgotten that he.....kills the cricket!

I just finished Dale Brown's Executive Intent, and started on A Time for Patriots (by the same author). Eventually, I'll get to the late Tom Clancy's Command Authority. (Christmas books.)

Maybe, someday, somebody will put Armageddon's Clock (my book) on their list. :D

I have several books started right now:

Rethink How You Think by Dr. David Stoop
Nolander by Becca Mills
The Orchid Affair by Lauren Willig

Today in Publix I found a book I got and started reading (basically based on the video game and movie that is coming out soon) it is called Need for Speed by Brian Kelleher

New Threads

Top Bottom