• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Current book(s) you're reading?

The Watchers A Secret History of Elizabeth I. Before I started this I read Last Ape Standing. I used to read sci-fi but now I read mostly non fiction.

Bonfire of the Vanities, a couple of Haruki Murakamis, The Moon in a Harsh Mistress. Just finished REAMDE by Stephenson. Not as good as some of his other stuff, by a mile, but I finished it. And there's a William Gibson or three in there, as well. Was doing a Brief History of Time, but got lost in the "particle menagerie" section.

My close friend actually just sent me a copy of Aspergirls, and I am loving it. It resonates so very deeply, but it is also an emotional journey to read so I have to take wee breaks to process it all.

This is my same friend that sent me a copy of the complete works of Lovecraft. She loves me and is the best person ever. :3

I also have Kafka's The Trial going but I put it down for A-girls, and I have this really pressing urge to re-read Stephen King's Desperation for some reason that I don't quite understand, lol. It wasn't my favorite King. I'll probably give in tomorrow, though as urges like that are hard to resist.

I have this really pressing urge to re-read Stephen King's Desperation for some reason that I don't quite understand, lol. It wasn't my favorite King. I'll probably give in tomorrow, though as urges like that are hard to resist.

I liked the Dark Tower series, including The Wind Through the Keyhole. I liked 11/22/63 alot, as it was light on tentacles and fangs, long on storytelling.

I liked 11/22/63 too, it was an entertaining story. I still haven't read the Dark Tower series. I have copies of the first 3 or so here but haven't remembered to start on them yet. I am funny with books and have to wait till I'm in the right mood. Sometimes it can take years! :D

I liked the Dark Tower series, including The Wind Through the Keyhole. I liked 11/22/63 alot, as it was light on tentacles and fangs, long on storytelling.

I haven't read The Dark Tower series for a long time, I brought the last three books as they were released in hardback and illustrated, its certainty epic reading. As for 11/22/63 I have not read Stephen King for a while (which is a shame), I will always regard The Shining and Salem's Lot as his best in old-fashion horror (some of James Herbert's books are worth a look too if you like horror).

Currently reading
  • Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell by S Clarke
  • The Grapes of Wrath by J Steinbeck
  • The Outlander series by D Gabaldon
  • The Book Thief by M Zusak
  • Quiet by S Cain
  • Shadow Unit series by a bunch of people (which is free to download, just google it).
I just finished John Connolly's The Wolf in Winter (very good) and The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion (an Asperger love story, sort of).

I'm reading the journal of best practices. Am aspie husband living life. I have an aspie husband and reading this book has been a blessing. Next on my list is alone together, same thing but from the wires point of view.

Into the Blast, the True Story of D.B. Cooper. Not finished reading it yet, but this looks like the guy!

Into the Blast, the True Story of D.B. Cooper. Not finished reading it yet, but this looks like the guy!

I've had family in law enforcement in the area in question in the past. We once 4 wheel toured some of the dirt roads in the purported area, up there behind Washougal. Was boring and we lost a sideview mirror glass to brush. No cash found either.

335d1363ada0199688ded010.L.jpg

I'm almost done re-reading The Golden Compass and about to move on in the His Dark Materials trilogy. I'd forgotten just how beautiful and wonderful it is. I first read it (the first and second books...the third hadn't yet come out) as an 11-year-old, and looking back, I realize what an influence on me the series had. It was my first exposure to something that validated something I had already begun but had not yet accepted of myself--free thought, questioning, skepticism.

A lot of people claim it's anti-religion, but I don't think that's the case at all.

goldencompass.jpg

Just finished reading a book about Typhoid Mary by Anthony Bourdain. Now I'm reading everything you wanted to know about air, An Ocean of Air.

New Threads

Top Bottom