• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Curious about others interpretations of this Bible verse.

Wolfsage

In training to be Wolf King.
Mathew 6:19-6:21
Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

What kind of treasure is this?

Hopes and dreams?

I think it’s good works, and the rewards for them; not that we should you know, see it as a kind of earning your way into Heaven.

We could also see it as souls, the souls we save and bring to Heaven with us.

There's no place for personal hopes and dreams in Heaven since everyone lives together. For example some people might live together eternally with their parents' murderer so long as the murderer repented before death.

But there is no afterlife, all religion types are made up from long ago, and the New testament preaches about how to practice slavery as though it's a good thing but we have evolved from the times it was written in and know better, have better morals such as a child shouldn't be punished for his parent's bad deeds, and they are meant to preach obedience for people to submit to the state orders and hysteria to be kept under control by having churches to go to.

Last edited:
Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

Hopes and dreams?
it refers to souls, there are many bible verses to illustrate it!

Hopes and dreams?
It's what is immortal ,so gather souls !as it says everything else is mortal .

New testament preaches about how to practice slavery as though it's a good thing
Slavery in the New Testament referred either to criminals who were punished by such for crimes, or more commonly, people who were in debt and thus made themselves slaves as a way to pay off the debt. There did exist slaves who were unwanted infants that were left to die of exposure, and were then picked up by slave traders to be sold as slaves but the Church never engage in that practice, they instead rescued these children and had them adopted and raised as free people; sometimes at the great risk of being punished by the local authorities.

Also the New Testament never “preached” slavery as a good, that’s your own personal assumption about the New Testament and the Faith, they merely treated it as an aspect of daily life and determined how best to approach it right now.

It's a story in a fictional book is what I make out of it.

But there is no afterlife, all religion types are made up from long ago, and the New testament preaches about how to practice slavery as though it's a good thing but we have evolved from the times it was written in and know better, have better morals such as a child shouldn't be punished for his parent's bad deeds, and they are meant to preach obedience for people to submit to the state orders and hysteria to be kept under control by having churches to go to.
Wrong.

Xian= Christian, it's an abbreviation from the American English " xmas" used for christmas.
The earned afterlife is a key part of xian doctrine, which is varied across a spectrum of beliefs that are largely based on the bible. In practice, there are significant differences. All of them have some basic things in common. There are alt ways of interpreting the very old text, which has been much translated, and was written over the course of about 3800 years.

One way is to view the mention of heaven as synonymous with enlightenment, or the evolved state of the prosperous person, the OP refers to a passage that is often cited to suggest a focus away from materialism.

I worry that the debate on religion may be devisive. I think I can find things in common with a man who is catholic, even though my own path is very different from that.

I don't think I ever heard of a xian who didn't focus on the afterlife, the end of the world, and the notion of sin. Respectfully the OP topic is about materialism

Why is it difficult to post religious topics in the religion section? I like to talk about it, I think it's fun, but it's been pointed out to me that I am kinda strange.

Someone pointed out to me that talking about RO, and atheism, etc was just being mean, that I was trying to take something away from ppl who had a different path, many roads to walk..

Last edited:
Slavery in the New Testament referred either to criminals who were punished by such for crimes, or more commonly, people who were in debt and thus made themselves slaves as a way to pay off the debt. There did exist slaves who were unwanted infants that were left to die of exposure, and were then picked up by slave traders to be sold as slaves but the Church never engage in that practice, they instead rescued these children and had them adopted and raised as free people; sometimes at the great risk of being punished by the local authorities.

Also the New Testament never “preached” slavery as a good, that’s your own personal assumption about the New Testament and the Faith, they merely treated it as an aspect of daily life and determined how best to approach it right now.

Wrong.

Dom/sub relationship with God

Ephesians 6:5-8 Paul states, “Slaves, be obedient to your human masters with fear and trembling, in sincerity of heart, as to Christ” which is Paul instructing slaves to obey their master.[94] Similar statements regarding obedient slaves can be found in Colossians 3:22-24, 1 Timothy 6:1-2, and Titus 2:9-10.[95][96][97] In Col 4:1 Paul advises members of the church, who are slave masters, to "treat your slaves justly and fairly, realizing that you too have a Master in heaven.”[98]

Clear instructions on slavery The Bible and slavery - Wikipedia

Very kind God, instead of abolishing slavery in the New Testament at least -sarcasm-

Xian= Christian, it's an abbreviation from the American English " xmas" used for christmas.
The earned afterlife is a key part of xian doctrine, which is varied across a spectrum of beliefs that are largely based on the bible. In practice, there are significant differences. All of them have some basic things in common. There are alt ways of interpreting the very old text, which has been much translated, and was written over the course of about 3800 years.

One way is to view the mention of heaven as synonymous with enlightenment, or the evolved state of the prosperous person, the OP refers to a passage that is often cited to suggest a focus away from materialism.

I worry that the debate on religion may be devisive. I think I can find things in common with a man who is catholic, even though my own path is very different from that.

I don't think I ever heard of a xian who didn't focus on the afterlife, the end of the world, and the notion of sin. Respectfully the OP topic is about materialism

Why is it difficult to post religious topics in the religion section? I like to talk about it, I think it's fun, but it's been pointed out to me that I am kinda strange.

Someone pointed out to me that talking about RO, and atheism, etc was just being mean, that I was trying to take something away from ppl who had a different path, many roads to walk..
Because they can preach all the while, knock on doors and even shamelessly in their political speeches, not enough they make us pray instead of sing the anthem and swear on the bible in court but non mainstream believers have to take it up their sin loopholes even on religious designated areas. It's just how some people be.

How's your magic going?

Last edited:
Don't really know. I am unaware of any depiction elsewhere in the bible of the rewards being actual tangible things, like a bigger room or bling. I've thought one possibility was it simply may be a sense of satisfaction or perhaps thankfulness for the (spirtual) help you recieved in those times where you did the right thing.

Hopes and dreams?

I interpret this to mean that we need to focus more on immaterial things over material things. we should focus on walking closely with Jesus, and treasure the fruits of the spirit. the fruits of the spirit (simply: values) are the only "things" that we bring with us to heaven. I like how this article explained it: What does it mean that “where your treasure is there will your heart be also”? | GotQuestions.org

Dom/sub relationship with God

Ephesians 6:5-8 Paul states, “Slaves, be obedient to your human masters with fear and trembling, in sincerity of heart, as to Christ” which is Paul instructing slaves to obey their master.[94] Similar statements regarding obedient slaves can be found in Colossians 3:22-24, 1 Timothy 6:1-2, and Titus 2:9-10.[95][96][97] In Col 4:1 Paul advises members of the church, who are slave masters, to "treat your slaves justly and fairly, realizing that you too have a Master in heaven.”[98]

Clear instructions on slavery The Bible and slavery - Wikipedia

Very kind God, instead of abolishing slavery in the New Testament at least -sarcasm-
St. Paul also ordered the Christians to obey Caesar and the Roman government despite the fact that they were tyrannical and were killing them! It would be great have those things abolished right away (along with many things in today’s society) but it’s not that simple. Keep in that most of the key advocates against slavery were Christians, because once they and society as a whole were able to move forward from this period in question, they were more able to implement means of abolishing slavery, without the various social obstacles that restricted it in the time in question.

St. Paul also ordered the Christians to obey Caesar and the Roman government despite the fact that they were tyrannical and were killing them! It would be great have those things abolished right away (along with many things in today’s society) but it’s not that simple. Keep in that most of the key advocates against slavery were Christians, because once they and society as a whole were able to move forward from this period in question, they were more able to implement means of abolishing slavery, without the various social obstacles that restricted it in the time in question.

That's an example of cherry-picking, choosing what to believe out of the rules. More and more rules are dropped because they are dysfunctional but the religion itself still stands as an illusion and is broadly used in many strict religious cults to gain money, to kill, to control. God is very money hungry. Why does he need money if he's omnipotent? Shouldnt prayers do it?

What’s RO?
Rational Objectivism

Is a humanist view that seeks to explain miracles from sacred writings as a literary device, such as metaphor, allegory and the like.

For example the day of Pentecost, would be described as a group of well trained linguists who were able to translate from any extant language to the common trade language. And the dove would likely symbolize an event in honour of a great figure. So translation being a learned skill rather than a supernatural event.

It's still miraculous, given the political climate of the day, only the miracle is that this teacher was able to train so many, so well. Had the Roman dogs known what he was doing they would have arrested him sooner.

I would gently suggest that your messiah is a more significant figure when regarded as a magus and a healer who was also the first civilian postmaster, and who broke the back of the Roman propaganda machine, by teaching the value of literacy. This led to a revolution, and eventually the downfall of the oppressive rule of warmongering slavers who burned everything that they could not steal.

It's a valuable study, and undertaken gently will reinforce your faith, rather than take away from it.

Last edited:
Because they can preach all the while, knock on doors and even shamelessly in their political speeches, not enough they make us pray instead of sing the anthem and swear on the bible in court but non mainstream believers have to take it up their sin loopholes even on religious designated areas. It's just how some people be.

How's your magic going?

So so really
I don't try very hard

Not the right season for working with dragons, thanks though. I lose interest in spiritual things from time to time. It's like the tide I guess.
Missed you it's good to see you back! Awesome plant pictures too, thanks for sharing....

Not the right season for working with dragons, thanks though. I lose interest in spiritual things from time to time. It's like the tide I guess.
Missed you it's good to see you back! Awesome plant pictures too, thanks for sharing....
Missed you too.
Thanks, maybe you should share one of your latest creations too. I know I love them.

Maybe a magician's hat will help? Do you have one?

New Threads

Top Bottom