• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

creativity hyperfocus, and Stress

Voltaic

Plaidhiker@youtube
mood02.jpg
I am wondering something. About myself, and how i might relate to you guys.

I was at a funaeral just three days ago, it was a complete nightmere for a guy like me, but I suprissingly held it together with duct tape and crazy glue to spare. I brought my notebook. A lot of thoughts come and go through my head when situations get overstimulating. The noise was a big factor. I just started to jot the points down, and conected them together into poetry. I would not have been able to do anything like what i did, wat that speed if i were just focused in alone at home, instead of being pressured by stress. the weird thing was, for a coping mechanism, it didn't help all that much, the harder I worked, the faster the thoughts came in, adding both to my ovestimulation, and my focus.

after the day was done. i came out with two poems. One that I quickly wrote to the family closest to the... dead person and one writen at the family dinner, after eating way to much food.

do you guys have a link between stress, foccus and creativity? It most likely this isnt something unique to me. i hear some people work best under stress. a close deadline, or a screeming boss actualy helps people get stuff done. i am going to exparament some more with overstimulation and how it can possitively affect me

I tend to do best with a deadline a long as there is not a lot else going on. Stress is only helpful in the right amount. Too much and I can't think clear enough to hardly remember where my pencils are. Kinda like right now.

Using a notebook at a funeral service seems completely plausible to me.
I have done the same thing.

It helped me distance myself from the feelings I had regarding
some of the things being said by the authority in charge.
===
A certain degree of stress is required in order for a person to be productive.
If there is no "need," if the project can be done *any time* it's likely that
*any time* will never come. Making an appointment with oneself is useful.
===
I am still examining creativity, for myself.
I have been noting, now and then, what elements need to be
in place, for me, in order to 'create.'
It is useful to me.
I write about it in a blog here.
I think my remarks are too simple for other people to bother with/believe
are of any use to any one but myself.

Not worked best under stress, although some of my artwork has been shown to be well-done under deadline. The idea that others thought it was so good, often made me wonder what they saw.

Didn't see the long-thought-out and planned pieces that I like so much, only some caricature of them done in short order. Seems they were looking for something readily transcribed for them, rather than having to consider it for more than ten minutes. For me it seemed like a cheap copy of the real thing.

I have enjoyed the deadline process, at one time. When it was a bunch of other people, throwing ideas and thumbnails and problem solving out there. It made for a pretty dynamic work environment, staying up all night drinking coffee and drawing and sketching and doing some of the work in buggy graphics software. It was exciting for a time, and the work was sometimes 'purer.'

I think it’s more important to start than have a deadline for finishing. But I loathe pressure, it can shut me down.

I work much better with stress and pressure involved. My bosses various actually tell me that I put way too much pressure on myself, but it's kinda my system; it's what helps me pull it off, every single time.

New Threads

Top Bottom