• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Couples that notice me.

I am taken back and quite surprised to read this. A lot of us come here to explain paths we have walked down. Nobody truly knows my struggles and many would be shocked at my difficult path. I have had issues and poor choices. My struggles are real. So l try to emphasize and help others here, because l know they feel nobody is here for them.

I just been picked on and blamed for all my problems even when I was a kid, teenager and I did not know I had autism I was picked on put down and blamed for all my problems.

I should have never came back to the Church. It's the same old social crap then as it is now except worse as back then younger were more singles now most are older and a freaking couples. No one understands me same here to when I registered when I came back to the Church.

It just made me gain more weight, develop another phobia and seeing more happy couples I hate being friends with showing their 2 tyear old baby and other kids.

No one understands me. I am starting to believe that many of you don't even have autism. This is me and I am autistic, so I feel and act just like this according to all the articles I read that have marked me down to tea. But no, the so-called people here with autism give advice and act like NT's and nothing like those articles. The only one I relate who I know has autism is @Markness.
Tony, it’s really not a good idea to assert that people here aren’t truly autistic. Would you want someone telling you they know your mind and thoughts better than you yourself do?

Yes, it sucks being lonely but I’ve learned the hard way that being constantly negative pushes people away.

Tony, it’s really not a good idea to assert that people here aren't truly autistic. Would you want someone telling you they know your mind and thoughts better than you yourself do?

Yes, it sucks being lonely but I’ve learned the hard way that being constantly negative pushes people away.
I understand and I am sorry. It just seems the attitude I get is the same my NT people tell me.

I’ve actually talked to NT men who are much older than me and they’ve never been able to establish romantic relationships with women.
Good too know but most of the NT men I encounter are in a relationship and the one who is single is a ladies man who women flock to him.

I’ve actually talked to NT men who are much older than me and they’ve never been able to establish romantic relationships with women.
My wife's buddy looks like Danny Devito, his health issues genetic held him back no romantic relationship, but rather two very good female friends who really care for him.

Please stop talking about your wife. I am trying my hardest to be polite but I am getting ticked.

Also your friend got it I might as well look like the elephant man.

It is not easy at all, and doubly hard for us. And those of us who have found a good relationship have had to confront and work through our anxieties.

I best friend died single would like to have been able to crack how to get him hooked up I was never a ladies' man but for some reason seemed to attract them. Looks? personality combination of both only thing going for me is I like planning solving real life issues. I like to talk to the ladies over guys, maybe my laid-back style not trying to get laid is the secret.

If everybody you talk to tells you the same thing then you can interpret that as autistic people and NT acting the same, or you can notice that everyone you talk to tells you the same thing, regardless of neurotype.

My uncle is single but by choice. I am single not by choice but due to bad situations I can't control no matter where I go or what I do.

It's true many situations aren't within the control of the individual.
You can't control how other people behave.

It is possible to learn to be in control of your own reactions to situations.

My uncle is single but by choice. I am single not by choice but due to bad situations I can't control no matter where I go or what I do.
Tony, you control your behavior to situations you find yourself in. That is the common element in all your remarks. It is a choice you have and is peripheral to your ASD.

You mean you directly address someone and they turn the other way, or remain silent, or walk away?

You mean you directly address someone and they turn the other way, or remain silent, or walk away?
What do you think? I guess it's easier for you. I also approached and they did walk away.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom