• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Couples that notice me.

Tony Ramirez

Single forever. Friends?
V.I.P Member
I remember when Katie was the one, I complained about a lot when she was single, she would not give me the time of day. As soon as she got a boyfriend and then got engaged, she started to talk to me. Big deal. Too late as always.

You've misunderstood what's happened.
Misunderstood what. When she was single, I even sat next to her a few times, and she just completely ignored me. As soon as she got a boyfriend and they sat together she talked to me.

She didn't want to work towards a close personal relationship with you earlier, and she had a valid reason for not wanting a casual personal relationship (friendly chatting etc) with you.

So earlier she kept a clear social distance.

Now her status is unambiguous - it would be extremely impolite to try to initiate a romantic relationship with her.
As a direct result of that, her reason for not wanting casual social contact is gone. Informal contact is now possible.

You weren't "too late". It's very likely no opportunity has been missed.

What are you whinging about? You don't approach anybody, expecting them to do the work, then from a position of social distance she makes polite small talk and you are up in arms. The common denominator is you.

She sat next to you when she was single, how did she ignore you? How many questions did you ask her? Or conversations did you try to start?

Does ignoring you mean sitting next to you and not saying anything? If so - remember it works both ways.

Ed

What are you whinging about? You don't approach anybody, expecting them to do the work, then from a position of social distance she makes polite small talk and you are up in arms. The common denominator is you.
I am getting sick of your additude. Why do you annoy me by keep replying negative to all my posts like it's my fault?

Your married so Im not interested in what you say. Its not easy to talk to a woman I don't know.

My wife's best friend is similar has two very close female friends, yet he is single my best friend and youngest brother are single, so I feel for you guys not sure what can be done women are not that much different but do have different agendas when it comes to relationships. IT's about security, financial more for the family they want then themselves and second how healthy do they perceive you as a potential mate. I like to talk to them, and do they are not impressed with guys who feel sorry for themselves as my wife told me when she was younger, she does not do pity sex. I was the first boyfriend she had that was marriage material, worthy of having children with. They will pick up quickly if you lack confidence in yourself.

She didn't want to work towards a close personal relationship with you earlier, and she had a valid reason for not wanting a casual personal relationship (friendly chatting etc) with you.

So earlier she kept a clear social distance.

Now her status is unambiguous - it would be extremely impolite to try to initiate a romantic relationship with her.
As a direct result of that, her reason for not wanting casual social contact is gone. Informal contact is now possible.

You weren't "too late". It's very likely no opportunity has been missed.
That sounds about right. That applies to any women that are single. I, however, can't approach them if I don't know them. I tried to do it briefly in a group setting and the person's walked away.

I am getting sick of your additude. Why do you annoy me by keep replying negative to all my posts like it's my fault?

Your married so Im not interested in what you say. Its not easy to talk to a woman I don't know.
And, the reason I am married is because I took the chance of calling a woman I did not know, did not know what she looked like, but had a beautiful phone voice, seemed shy, and my only expectation was to car pool to a Sierra Club project. Connecting with somebody is a numbers game, that is, most will not work out. You need to ask many to get to know a few, and from that few, most will not be compatible. How are you pushing those numbers in your favor?

Last edited:
This is not the first time I have heard of this happening, after marriage women suddenly willing to socialize with certain single guys. An NT friend, who was not very confident with women, told me this about women he worked with. He met his wife at a bus stop while commuting. Not a total stranger since they would see each other often before they got together. My advice is to keep trying different different social activities until you find one that works. Coincidently, I also met my wife though a Sierra Club activity (hiking).

When I met my wife had a crappy job, thought I was damaged goods, had a choice of a couple ladies in my rooming house one turned me down as she had a boyfriend at the moment, current wife's best female friend. wife said yes if her friend had not turned me down, they had a pact, so luck was on my side. I am Still good friends with the other lady, weird how life turns out do not give up stick your neck out it may get chopped off a few times, grow your head back try again, the older the ladies get the more receptive they get as the pool shrinks.
The first lady is now divorced, lives alone the guys are not the only ones having issues.

I am getting ready to leave this toxic community. It seems all I get now is smart ass remarks from married folks. Barely anyone single even comments to me anymore. I am so glad I did not waste my money for a VIP membership.

Obviously none of the married people were
ever single themselves, right?

They were born married.
So lucky.

@Tony Ramirez
Why would any single person spend time replying to you,
since you have repeatedly made it clear that you have no
use for single guys? And your interest in female singles
reaches only to whether they will date you.

So what's wrong with that. Single ladies don't exist here, at Church, groups, parks nope they are all hitched.

And no not to date me but to at least be good friends with but that is out of my reach too.

So what's wrong with that. Single ladies don't exist here, at Church, groups, parks nope they are all hitched.
That is not a response to the questions in post #14.

---
It is statistically unlikely that every female in whatever area it is you live is
in a committed relationship.

And no not to date me but to at least be good friends with but that is out of my reach too.

What positive qualities do you display that would
entice anyone to want to be your friend?

Single ladies don't exist here
Dang it. I am suddenly invisible, what happened? Why did I suddenly disappear. Tony, that wasn’t nice.

I am single and I am a lady and I am here.

But, I’m sorry I don’t want to be your friend because you told Gerald Wilgus to shut up and I really respect him.

New Threads

Top Bottom