• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Most vodkas that I have seen are 80 proof (40% alcohol). The CDC recommends 60+% (120+ proof) for sanitizer.

Having worked in a liquor store, think there is a rum 151 that has more. Everclear l believe is 100 proof, l call it paint stripper.

Most vodkas that I have seen are 80 proof (40% alcohol). The CDC recommends 60+% (120+ proof) for sanitizer.

@Aspychata
you're going to need x2 bottles @ 40% each ;) :)

Don't just take my word for it, test the theory and let us know your results.

If you even care about results after the experiment :)

@Aspychata
you're going to need x2 bottles @ 40% each ;) :)

Don't just take my word for it, test the theory and let us know your results.

If you even care about results after the experiment :)

Haha omg, l knew math was important! If Jane, Jack , and Kurt bring in 4 of 1.50 ltr of Stoli into the sauna, and Atomic Blonde crashes (she likes ice baths) how many drinks can they each have before they forget their names?

Last edited:
I just sorted out the kitchen cabinets and pantry this morning to see what we really have on hand and to do some meal planning. We're in good shape in that department. The freezers are stuffed with meats, fish, a lot of frozen veggies, and I have plenty of cheeses in the 'frig. I'm making my own bread and tortillas. Despite having plenty of food on hand, I'm bored with what I'm cooking.

His is everyone coping with lockdown? I am finding lock down diffilcult, How do I cope with the uncertainty? I’m not sleeping and constantly feel ill (from anxiety not Covid 19). How can I distract myself. I’m breaking all y sleeping rules.

His is everyone coping with lockdown?
I'm coping fine with the social isolation because I was never really that social in the first place, nor do I go out or travel much, but I'm deeply concerned about the economic repercussions and how that is going to affect us.

Everclear is 190 proof

Booze trivia! :cool:

Yeah. Looks like it legally tops out at 190 proof (95% alcohol by volume, 92% alcohol by weight ).

Though I see some articles stating 195 proof, legal to sell only in Alberta Canada, Rhode Island and Texas. (?) Can't seem to corroborate this Quora claim.

Interesting to see that only 36 states allow legal sale of the 190 proof version. Oh well, I can live without it in Nevada. Haven't had any Bacardi 151 in decades...

I'm coping fine with the social isolation because I was never really that social in the first place, nor do I go out or travel much, but I'm deeply concerned about the economic repercussions and how that is going to affect us.
I only miss a couple of places. I am also worried about hoe the economy will recover and about people’s jobs.

I am also worried about how the economy will recover and about people’s jobs.

We all should be. At 17 million, the number of people filing for unemployment in a matter of days has exceeded that during the Great Recession.

Eventually even the stock market will catch up with such real economic metrics. Not good, and probably before the end of the fiscal quarter. It's all going to be a challenge in promoting a fast economic recovery, though it may still be possible, provided the logistical problems of banks getting loans to businesses and cash allotments from the federal government to taxpayers can be solved.

Otherwise time may prove to be our worst enemy apart from the virus itself. Where as time goes on, any number of small businesses won't be able to recover and workers won't be able to find jobs- even if or when the virus is eradicated. Short of developing a vaccine that will likely take a year or more, all we really have is a rigid practice of social distancing and the wisdom of mass testing to contain and subdue this virus. Without any premature lifting of such policies until it is truly safe. Making it all one tall order for both government and society.

Last edited:
How to Dispose of Masks and Gloves
upload_2020-4-10_16-23-21.png

NOT LIKE THIS.
When you are done with masks or gloves, place them in a trash receptacle.

We all should be. At 17 million, the number of people filing for unemployment in a matter of days has exceeded that during the Great Recession.

Eventually even the stock market will catch up with such real economic metrics. Not good, and probably before the end of the fiscal quarter. It's all going to be a challenge in promoting a fast economic recovery, though it may still be possible, provided the logistical problems of banks getting loans to businesses and cash allotments from the federal government to taxpayers can be solved.

Otherwise time may prove to be our worst enemy apart from the virus itself. Where as time goes on, any number of small businesses won't be able to recover and workers won't be able to find jobs- even if or when the virus is eradicated. Short of developing a vaccine that will likely take a year or more, all we really have is a rigid practice of social distancing and the wisdom of mass testing to contain and subdue this virus. Without any premature lifting of such policies until it is truly safe. Making it all one tall order for both government and society.

I am so aware of the unemployment. The last week I could volunteer food bank we had so many referrals because of job loss. I know a lot of people struggling right now.

This is for mothers of infants and toddlers:

It seems every store is out of baby wipes. It's very sad.

But I've noticed at my local store, one thing they are not sold out of: Makeup Remover Wipes.

If you get the fragrance free, hypoallergenic, sensitive skin ones, they are the same as baby wipes.

Please, people who don't have small children, please don't buy these to use as toilet paper. It is a dwindling resource for mothers with babies.

washable cloth flannels for hands and face ?

Baby lotion on cotton wool is quite effective on the messy bottoms. Cleans up matter nicely.

Lotion on toilet roll works but toilet paper has to be folded several times or will clump or fall apart.

Everclear is 190 proof

Our state doesn't get that one. Lol. Whatever it is- l call it paint stripper. Lol

It's a little hard, but my mother has reached out to me during this and offered to help me. This is quite a turnaround, and l am very thankful for whatever we are going thru, because l really thought there was zero care. I am kinda of taken back now. Maybe age softens us and we reach out to our senior citizen children? I still am very surprised. I will process it all next year, those feeling things. I need to Lysol them first.

Last edited:
Stay awake till until 9:00 applying for a bunch jobs that may not exist but my spectrum brain feels productive because like some of the posters here- l have to be productive or **the what are you doing with your dull life police **will come knocking at my door like the a Monty Python skit talking in accents. My imagination is going to bury me during this virus. I feel the imaginary walls starting to pen me in. I just need a tranquilizer dart until the economy bounces up again.

Today I learned that if you go to a smaller grocery store in the early morning or late evening that has a deli and you see a some meat you wanna haggle down. Find one of the older looking butchers and talk to them for a minute to reminisce about the price changes of select cuts like organ meats (liver, tongue, etc.) and how they use to be so cheap they couldn't sell it and mention a recipe or two tied to those cuts like bacon beef liver pate or lengua tacos, and how a family member mentioned the cut (e.g. flank steak) you're looking was cheaper than you thought.

I know this sounds oddly specific, but it goes a long way to talk with grocery workers. It really brightens their day and they'll go out of their way help you out too.

This also works in the produce section to ask a staffer if there is anything that's bruised or ugly looking fruits/veggies. Most stores put their less aesthetic produce in a baggie with a discount sticker in the afternoon or evenings.

New Threads

Top Bottom