• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

No longer any shortages here, but still enforced limits on how many you can purchase. Though I can't say I see any hoarding any more either.

But I don't think supply chains on the business level are operating optimally either. That it wouldn't take much to disrupt the flow of such goods.

Everyone should stock up now. We're doing it. Second wave is coming and we never leveled off from the first wave.

Everyone should stock up now. We're doing it. Second wave is coming and we never leveled off from the first wave.

Point taken. Hearing a lot of medical professionals citing just that. A month or two and the numbers are most likely to jump, along with the flu season compounding it all.

Back in early April the area I live got through a national spike in positive cases and deaths relatively unscathed.
Very, very few cases. (tested for and reported)

Now, our local authority, in unison with bordering boroughs, have declared us a 'Covid Hotspot' and very recently brought in tighter restrictions for meeting others not from the same household, enforceable by law.

If I've read the data correctly, we're at 'level four', out of five levels.
some figures have suggested a national area average of 26people per 10,000 test positive.
Our figures are 236 per 10,000.
-Of course, stats can be presented in such a way to sensationalise and dramatise events.

As a result of the above, folk are preparing for lockdown, even though nothing has been suggested by those in authority.

Stores are keeping up with demand for everything,
but loo roll !
It's almost funny :)

The first loo roll shortage in the area was to be expected. Unforeseen increase in demand.
... but a second wave of empty t.p shelves?
really? :)

Back in early April the area I live got through a national spike in positive cases and deaths relatively unscathed.
Very, very few cases. (tested for and reported)

Now, our local authority, in unison with bordering boroughs, have declared us a 'Covid Hotspot' and very recently brought in tighter restrictions for meeting others not from the same household, enforceable by law.

If I've read the data correctly, we're at 'level four', out of five levels.
some figures have suggested a national area average of 26people per 10,000 test positive.
Our figures are 236 per 10,000.
-Of course, stats can be presented in such a way to sensationalise and dramatise events.

As a result of the above, folk are preparing for lockdown, even though nothing has been suggested by those in authority.

Stores are keeping up with demand for everything,
but loo roll !
It's almost funny :)

The first loo roll shortage in the area was to be expected. Unforeseen increase in demand.
... but a second wave of empty t.p shelves?
really? :)
Apparently it's a type of bog roll(toilet paper) ,I ordered 18 rolls don't ask why !!!!!! ,No quilted left ?????.

I'm going to try to find powdered milk so I can make wheat sandwich bread whenever I want instead of depending on fresh milk that goes bad so fast. Will also stock up again on meats and some canned and frozen things. Our garden is producing a lot of vegetables so I have fresh tomatoes, chard, turnips, collards, mustard greens, kale, lettuce, radishes, and various kinds of peppers right outside the back door.

Oh, I wish I had a vegetable garden, must be great to be able to eat your own produce :)

Oh, I wish I had a vegetable garden, must be great to be able to eat your own produce :)

It is the best of all worlds! We live in the deep southern US where we can grow vegetables year round. The greens are all winter crops here and I'm amazed the tomato plants are still producing because it has been cold here for past 2 weeks. Tomatoes love hot weather so they may not ripen and I'll have to make fried green tomatoes with them as a side dish to dinner.

It is the best of all worlds! We live in the deep southern US where we can grow vegetables year round. The greens are all winter crops here and I'm amazed the tomato plants are still producing because it has been cold here for past 2 weeks. Tomatoes love hot weather so they may not ripen and I'll have to make fried green tomatoes with them as a side dish to dinner.
Oh! That really sounds like a dream come true.

maxresdefault.jpg
"It was never clarified if Hell and the Netherrealm are one and the same, or if Hell is just a part of the dark realm. However, in the manuals of earlier games, it is often referred to as "Earth's Hell," further confusing the matter. But, in MK 2011's Story Mode, when Raiden said he was going to the Netherrealm, he ended up in Hell, where Scorpion was. Additionally, Lucifer is said to have been the former ruler of the Netherrealm before being deposed by Shinnok. Assuming this Lucifer is equivalent to the Judeo-Christian devil, then Hell and the Netherrealm may be one and the same." Hell

Scorpion "masks up" too. He's from Hell.

So tired of this world.
I will never give up no matter what.

I consider this a practical hint, because most people don't realize what they are doing to senior citizens and the chronically ill by isolating them for months on end. I have been battling blood cancer for over a year now, and here's what I have to say to help you understand us:

As someone battling a serious illness, and convalescing, I have some insight on how senior citizens must feel right now. And this is my two cents:

QUIT ISOLATING PEOPLE WHO ARE ELDERLY OR CHRONICALLY ILL!

You may think you're saving their lives, but they're wasting away inside, giving up, and so so so sad.

For like five minutes, you can physically visit the elderly or ill, and give them lots of hugs and kisses. Take that idiot muzzle off your face for a sec and let us see your smile. For real though. You'll kill us faster by breaking our hearts.

I am so desperately lonely.

I am so sorry that you are so isolated and ill. Is there literally no one in your life who can help you or cheer you up without risking your life by potential exposure to Covid? No children, relatives or friends to help you? You seem to imply that there are people in your life whom you think could do more for you but won't, for whatever reason.

Most nursing homes in the US do not allow visitors at this time in order to protect the residents - and staff - but some will arrange for the patient to see loved ones through the window or even outside, spaced apart of course. Hugging and kissing are not the way to go, but letters, cards and phone calls are encouraged. Nursing home residents comprise approximately 40% of Covid deaths in the US so it makes sense to protect that vulnerable population and to find creative ways to stave off depression.

I'm 40, and I have a daughter at home, but ever since covid started, I haven't had many visitors, even for holidays. And we were just told by one set of grandparents, not to expect to see them until the end of February (they only live across town). My daughter is so depressed and lonely for them. And I can't bear it much longer either.

Can't your daughter and you drive to their house and sit in the yard with them, spaced far apart, for a visit? We've done that several times although it is hard to explain to the grandchildren why they can't hug Mamaw and Papaw or sit in our laps. Lord only knows what effect, if any, Covid will have on children who are too young to understand what is going on.

I miss my children, grandchildren, sister and brother and their families, but my desire to avoid Covid is greater than my loneliness and there are several promising vaccines in development. Hope springs eternal.

Stay strong and stay safe. This, too, shall end one day.

So l keep coming across all the doomsday prophets that have huge lists of what to stock. Did you make any discoveries or change in buying habits that you will carry forward?

l did read about Bentonite which can be taken orally and applied to wounds. I think l would stock a couple bottles of peroxide. l read salt can be used for many things which surprised me. Vinegar is a cheap disinfectant- didn't know that. Activated charcoal is another product l never considered. Soap may be expensive, so good to stock? Duct tape, foil, bandages, batteries were listed also. What did you buy?

Last edited:
I joined in with the Great Toilet Paper Challenge during the first wave.

Since then, my local stores and supermarkets have been well stocked.
I'm fortunate to live in an area where there are many. All within reasonable walking distance.

If I don't have a particular item, I'm sure I can dream up an alternative.

I saw this on an aspergers charity FB page, what does everyone think? Maybe agree or disagree?
95245013_1574699029358724_7874955865885769728_n.jpg

Attachments

• 95245013_1574699029358724_7874955865885769728_n.jpg
    95245013_1574699029358724_7874955865885769728_n.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 115

New Threads

Top Bottom