• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Yeah, people and their addictions. No wonder that’s more on demand, but it’s legal and maybe it relieves many with other health issues, so I’m not judging at all. In the UK, we don’t have this service in coffee shops. Personally, I wouldn’t go near drugs even if they were legal.

Luckily we don’t need air conditioning in the Netherlands. It’s just humid and almost bearable outside.

Yeah, people and their addictions. No wonder that’s more on demand, but it’s legal and maybe it relieves many with other health issues, so I’m not judging at all. In the UK, we don’t have this service in coffee shops. Personally, I wouldn’t go near drugs even if they were legal.
I don’t smoke weed or hash either, although I did so as a teen. But I like some illicit substances because they give me a break from being a bipolar Aspie with anxiety disorder, fibromyalgia and IBS. Haven’t taken drugs in years but this might just be the point at which I dabble in some again, since I have nowhere to go and nothing to do anyway.

Hopefully no one will resort to using Jamesons as a hand sanitizer. We'd be scundered for sure to do that. :oops:

Can't have Michael Collins rolling over in his grave. Éirinn go Brách !

220px-Jameson_Collection.jpg

Have you still got your partner?

I’m completely alone, so, I understand how loneliness can get to us at times. Thankfully, I don’t mind my own company. I wish I had a pet; that would be nice.

What is the proof for Jameson's?

It's less than what's required (80 proof)...but that may not stop some folks.

Break out the Bacardi 141 instead. There ya go lads! But try not to smoke while washing with it.

Last edited:
Hasn't anyone noticed that nothing we are doing has worked at all to stop or slow down the spread of the pestilence?

Ring o' ring o' rosies, a pocket full of posies, a-tishoo, a tishoo, we all fall down!

Hasn't anyone noticed that nothing we are doing has worked at all to stop or slow down the spread of the pestilence?
  • Plan A: Fix the problem.
  • Plan B: Damage control.
I think that we are in plan B right now.

Last edited:
Here's the dig.
Unless we permanently segregate, this flu is rolling through the entire world population.
Any efforts to slow its spread beyond addressing a medical emergency of an untreatable number of newly infected is a pipe dream. Our only focus is to slow its spread enough to pay more attention to treating individual cases-- the best strategy for survival.

We never were safe from this, or any other bug that comes along.
Any quarantine procedure, no matter how obscure, is aimed at slowing the infection rates, nothing more.
The fact of the matter is, as soon as our entire population can be exposed to the virus, the healthier we will all be.

So please do not misapprehend the way things are. We are ALL going to be exposed to this virus. It cannot be otherwise, except in a few very special cases(isolated communities like the Sentinelese, and those permanently isolated in sterile environments--think "bubble boy.").

I say this, because the common sentiment always seems to be, surrounding similar circumstances "OMG I hope I don't get it!", and "Oh, no! What if I catch it?", and "Can't get infected, can't get infected..."

Please understand that we will all catch this virus, unless it burns itself out sooner, which is highly unlikely, given current spread algorithms.
Popular media likes to create fictions of 99% mortality rates in movies and books, and by anecdote. These are fictions, and, truly, counterproductive to our survival and wellbeing.

Viruses must strike a balance between virulence- how easily it is passed within a population, and mortality rate.
It is for tthis reason that we have very slow growing, but very deadly diseases like HIV, and very fast growing but relatively harmless viruses like the yearly flu strains, and the "common cold".
A virus cannot continue to exist if it kills off the infected population, and so there are inbuilt biological controls for most viruses to prevent this occurrance.
Until that 99% lethal virus comes along-- and there would be no mistaking it, the best course is to slowly usher the spread of this virus through our population.

There never really was a chance that "you" wouldn't "catch" this virus, so just relax, and prepare for it's eventuality.

This coronavirus currently has a fatality rate less than 1/4 the fatality rate of the SARS virus.
Its eventual fatality rate is likely to be far lower than present numbers.

I hope this eases any fears, and puts things in perspective.

May you all be well.

sidd

Last edited:
Hopefully no one will resort to using Jamesons as a hand sanitizer. We'd be scundered for sure to do that. :oops:

Can't have Michael Collins rolling over in his grave. Éirinn go Brách !

220px-Jameson_Collection.jpg
Judge, I sincerely hope that I never have to resort to choosing between Jameson's and Bushmill's, for use as hand sanitizer, but...
Well, let's just say I'm no longer confident that you would approve of my inclination, in the above dilemma.
;)

My government has decreed that all schools will be closed, all hospitality businesses will be closed, all sports clubs will be closed and people should stay home unless absolutely necessary. All my appointments at work have been canceled. I’m not going anywhere for now.

Also, I’m a medical professional myself ;)

We aren't going anywhere, either, except we have to take our old dog to the vet tomorrow for surgery on his hind leg. He tore a ligament in what would be a knee for a human. We'll drop him off and come straight home, and pick him up the following day.

Judge, I sincerely hope that I never have to resort to choosing between Jameson's and Bushmill's, for use as hand sanitizer, but...
Well, let's just say I'm no longer confident that you would approve of my inclination, in the above dilemma.
;)

That's an easy choice. Use the Bushmill's first if you have to.

Tiocfaidh ár lá ;)

Geez...even the rubbing alcohol in my vanity isn't sufficient to use to kill the virus. :oops:

Here's the dig.
Unless we permanently segregate, this flu is rolling through the entire world population.
Any efforts to slow its spread beyond addressing a medical emergency of an untreatable number of newly infected is a pipe dream. Our only focus is to slow its spread enough to pay more attention to treating individual cases-- the best strategy for survival.

We never were safe from this, or any other bug that comes along.
Any quarantine procedure, no matter how obscure, is aimed at slowing the infection rates, nothing more.
The fact of the matter is, as soon as our entire population can be exposed to the virus, the healthier we will all be.

So please do not misapprehend the way things are. We are ALL going to be exposed to this virus. It cannot be otherwise, except in a few very special cases(isolated communities like the Sentinelese, and those permanently isolated in sterile environments--think "bubble boy.").

I say this, because the common sentiment always seems to be, surrounding similar circumstances "OMG I hope I don't get it!", and "Oh, no! What if I catch it?", and "Can't get infected, can't get infected..."

Please understand that we will all catch this virus, unless it burns itself out sooner, which is highly unlikely, given current spread algorithms.
Popular media likes to create fictions of 99% mortality rates in movies and books, and by anecdote. These are fictions, and, truly, counterproductive to our survival and wellbeing.

Viruses must strike a balance between virulence- how easily it is passed within a population, and mortality rate.
It is for tthis reason that we have very slow growing, but very deadly diseases like HIV, and very fast growing but relatively harmless viruses like the yearly flu strains, and the "common cold".
A virus cannot continue to exist if it kills off the infected population, and so there are inbuilt biological controls for most viruses to prevent this occurrance.
Until that 99% lethal virus comes along-- and there would be no mistaking it, the best course is to slowly usher the spread of this virus through our population.

There never really was a chance that "you" wouldn't "catch" this virus, so just relax, and prepare for it's eventuality.

This coronavirus currently has a fatality rate less than 1/4 the fatality rate of the SARS virus.
Its eventual fatality rate is likely to be far lower than present numbers.

I hope this eases any fears, and puts things in perspective.

May you all be well.

sidd

No need to be so pessimistic. A vaccine will be developed within a year or so.

The mortality rate for COVID-19 is about 8% for people over age 70, and about 15% for people over age 80, based on what we know now. Those are high death rates that warrant taking personal precautions to avoid other people and public places.

No need to be so pessimistic. A vaccine will be developed within a year or so.

The mortality rate for COVID-19 is about 8% for people over age 70, and about 15% for people over age 80, based on what we know now. Those are high death rates that warrant taking personal precautions to avoid other people and public places.
I'm sorry, Mary.
I didn't intend pessimism, quite the opposite!

The current fatality rates are inflated due to the virulence of the virus.
In general, these errors occur, and are inflated to reflect worst case scenarios.
I am actually happy to see that it has high virulence-- that means its fatality rate is probably exceedingly low-- far lower than current figures place it.

In general, the easier it is to catch, the more harmless it is.

It is far more sensible to have concern over the slow, deadly viruses. Often, by the time they start causing fatalities, there are many more infected, and the virus sometimes hasn't even been discovered yet!

I am encouraged by this particular virus's virulence.

Don't flush any of the alternatives.
I don't care what she says.
Don't do it.

Wonder where she lives, that the word "wash" has an "R" in it.

New Threads

Top Bottom