1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Coronavirus Pandemic: Practical Hints...

Discussion in 'Help and Support' started by Crossbreed, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Gracey

Gracey Well-Known Member

Can't say I blame 'em. Anything less than 3 ply is a waste of time :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Mary Terry

Mary Terry Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

I'm going to try to find powdered milk so I can make wheat sandwich bread whenever I want instead of depending on fresh milk that goes bad so fast. Will also stock up again on meats and some canned and frozen things. Our garden is producing a lot of vegetables so I have fresh tomatoes, chard, turnips, collards, mustard greens, kale, lettuce, radishes, and various kinds of peppers right outside the back door.

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Bolletje

Bolletje Overly complicated potato V.I.P Member

Oh, I wish I had a vegetable garden, must be great to be able to eat your own produce :)

4. Mary Terry

It is the best of all worlds! We live in the deep southern US where we can grow vegetables year round. The greens are all winter crops here and I'm amazed the tomato plants are still producing because it has been cold here for past 2 weeks. Tomatoes love hot weather so they may not ripen and I'll have to make fried green tomatoes with them as a side dish to dinner.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Bolletje

Bolletje Overly complicated potato V.I.P Member

Oh! That really sounds like a dream come true.

6. Streetwise

Streetwise Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

In my are some people think it started October but weren't a lot of deaths

7. tree

tree Blue/Green Staff Member V.I.P Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. RESleight

RESleight Well-Known Member

[​IMG] "It was never clarified if Hell and the Netherrealm are one and the same, or if Hell is just a part of the dark realm. However, in the manuals of earlier games, it is often referred to as "Earth's Hell," further confusing the matter. But, in MK 2011's Story Mode, when Raiden said he was going to the Netherrealm, he ended up in Hell, where Scorpion was. Additionally, Lucifer is said to have been the former ruler of the Netherrealm before being deposed by Shinnok. Assuming this Lucifer is equivalent to the Judeo-Christian devil, then Hell and the Netherrealm may be one and the same." Hell

Scorpion "masks up" too. He's from Hell.

So tired of this world.
    I will never give up no matter what.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Crossbreed

Crossbreed Neur-D Missionary ☝️ V.I.P Member

10. tree

upload_2020-11-13_22-22-5.png

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Crossbreed

...and
    • tired,
    • run-down &
    • exhausted
    would just be plain old "hit & run." [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Mary Terry

I am so sorry that you are so isolated and ill. Is there literally no one in your life who can help you or cheer you up without risking your life by potential exposure to Covid? No children, relatives or friends to help you? You seem to imply that there are people in your life whom you think could do more for you but won't, for whatever reason.

Most nursing homes in the US do not allow visitors at this time in order to protect the residents - and staff - but some will arrange for the patient to see loved ones through the window or even outside, spaced apart of course. Hugging and kissing are not the way to go, but letters, cards and phone calls are encouraged. Nursing home residents comprise approximately 40% of Covid deaths in the US so it makes sense to protect that vulnerable population and to find creative ways to stave off depression.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Mary Terry

Can't your daughter and you drive to their house and sit in the yard with them, spaced far apart, for a visit? We've done that several times although it is hard to explain to the grandchildren why they can't hug Mamaw and Papaw or sit in our laps. Lord only knows what effect, if any, Covid will have on children who are too young to understand what is going on.

I miss my children, grandchildren, sister and brother and their families, but my desire to avoid Covid is greater than my loneliness and there are several promising vaccines in development. Hope springs eternal.

Stay strong and stay safe. This, too, shall end one day.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Aspychata

Aspychata Serenity waves, beachy vibes

So l keep coming across all the doomsday prophets that have huge lists of what to stock. Did you make any discoveries or change in buying habits that you will carry forward?

l did read about Bentonite which can be taken orally and applied to wounds. I think l would stock a couple bottles of peroxide. l read salt can be used for many things which surprised me. Vinegar is a cheap disinfectant- didn't know that. Activated charcoal is another product l never considered. Soap may be expensive, so good to stock? Duct tape, foil, bandages, batteries were listed also. What did you buy?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  15. Gracey

Gracey Well-Known Member

I joined in with the Great Toilet Paper Challenge during the first wave.

Since then, my local stores and supermarkets have been well stocked.
    I'm fortunate to live in an area where there are many. All within reasonable walking distance.

If I don't have a particular item, I'm sure I can dream up an alternative.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Aspergers_Aspie

Aspergers_Aspie Well-Known Member

I saw this on an aspergers charity FB page, what does everyone think? Maybe agree or disagree?
    95245013_1574699029358724_7874955865885769728_n.jpg

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Crossbreed

For us, it is dys-social distancing...! ;)

18. garnetflower13

garnetflower13 Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. tree