• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

coping with anxiety

Do you know if the money can be frozen ,does someone's finances go through probate like in the UK ,I don't know about you The US

Absolutely. Once the bank discovers a depositor has died, everything is frozen. Unless of course you're an executor, trustee or simply named in the account as well as the deceased. If it all goes into probate, that can be quite a long "time-out" for any potential claimants.

My initial contact with my dead mother's bank was well....ugly at first. They were so on "auto-pilot" that I had to show up personally armed with lots of legal documents to tell them to back off. Mainly her will and my attorney's comments.

Last edited:
Do your black teas have caffeine in them our Black tea has caffeine in it

Yes, unless the packaging says otherwise. All the Black Teas I drink in particular do have caffeine, though I believe there are a few that are caffeine free. I should probably try them myself!

Yes, unless the packaging says otherwise. All the Black Teas I drink in particular do have caffeine, though I believe there are a few that are caffeine free. I should probably try them myself!
It's been discovered in the UK even decaf has 0.1% caffeine in it which is deceiving to me

I must confess that I have sinned :oops:. During my 15 years of marriage (which in practical matters just ended last weekend, since my still-oficially-husband moved out of the house) I’ve avoided 99% of all those horrible calls, ‘delegating’ them to him (by ‘delegating’ I mean postponing them endlessly) .

Now I’m going to have to pay for my sins because I’m going to have to start doing them... all by myself!!:eek: Aaahh!!! The horror!!!

Do you know if the money can be frozen ,does someone's finances go through probate like in the UK ,I don't know about you The US

I was my aunt's "pay upon death" person on her account, that way you can avoid probate. But it took months before Bank of America finally sent me a check. And they still think she is alive in the mortgage dept.

I must confess that I have sinned :oops:. During my 15 years of marriage (which in practical matters just ended last weekend, since my still-oficially-husband moved out of the house) I’ve avoided 99% of all those horrible calls, ‘delegating’ them to him (by ‘delegating’ I mean postponing them endlessly) .

Now I’m going to have to pay for my sins because I’m going to have to start doing them... all by myself!!:eek: Aaahh!!! The horror!!!
My boyfriend got to do most of the calling for me. Singing a slow, sad song was the first thing I have found to calm me down enough to do it myself. Hope you find a way to get through those calls.

I was my aunt's "pay upon death" person on her account, that way you can avoid probate. But it took months before Bank of America finally sent me a check. And they still think she is alive in the mortgage dept.

Reminds me of the other thread. Your Aunt is schrodingers cat!

Don't cope well with anxiety, not really.
Avoidance being my default setting.

Blissful ignorance being a way to remain 'unconfused'

It's been discovered in the UK even decaf has 0.1% caffeine in it which is deceiving to me
'Decaffeinated' means that it has gone through a process of decaffeination i.e. caffeine removal. That doesn't mean that residual caffeine isn't there. Exactly what it says on the tin. (Well, box actually)

'Caffeine free' is usually when there was no caffeine present in the first place.

Edit to add: You can probably tell I'm a tea addict. I'll drink a caffeine free infusion but not a decaffeinated tea. Yuck.

'Decaffeinated' means that it has gone through a process of decaffeination i.e. caffeine removal. That doesn't mean that residual caffeine isn't there. Exactly what it says on the tin. (Well, box actually)

'Caffeine free' is usually when there was no caffeine present in the first place.

Edit to add: You can probably tell I'm a tea addict. I'll drink a caffeine free infusion but not a decaffeinated tea. Yuck.
It's still deceiving to most people

3A94A485-891E-4788-86DE-39FD53BA1819.jpeg
My anxiety pills:D, mostly when stuck in traffic.

I remembered to get something decaf, Lemon Lift tea. Also decided to get a few film scores at CD Warehouse to help with anxiety, sad music since somehow that helps. And I was actually going to try the TicTacs. Couldn't hurt and the orange ones are good, I think,; it's been years and years and years since I've ate one.

I take natural medicine for anxiety and it does work MOST times and sadly tuesday, the only thing that got rid of the anxiety, was getting past what was causing the anxiety.

My tablets tend to calm down the extreme anxiety; enough for me to think; but it is still there and I am left feeling utterly embarrassed, because as soon as the thing that is causing the anxiety is over, it is as though I have not been anxious, but this tuesday, I found relief from it. Perhaps because it was a therapist I was seeing. I thought she was a psychiatrist ( I live in France), but she ended up being a psychologist and so, I still have yet to see the psychiatrist. I hate the idea of being scrutinized, which is why I was so anxious.

For me, it is like my body is a dead weight; but my heart is beating ten to the dozen and I cannot think straight.

I have no coping stratagies and have suffered this from the age of 6 or 7, when it manifested itself and always when I have to go out of my comfort zone or meet someone I do not feel comfortable with, it attacks me.

I take natural medicine for anxiety and it does work MOST times and sadly tuesday, the only thing that got rid of the anxiety, was getting past what was causing the anxiety.

My tablets tend to calm down the extreme anxiety; enough for me to think; but it is still there and I am left feeling utterly embarrassed, because as soon as the thing that is causing the anxiety is over, it is as though I have not been anxious, but this tuesday, I found relief from it. Perhaps because it was a therapist I was seeing. I thought she was a psychiatrist ( I live in France), but she ended up being a psychologist and so, I still have yet to see the psychiatrist. I hate the idea of being scrutinized, which is why I was so anxious.

For me, it is like my body is a dead weight; but my heart is beating ten to the dozen and I cannot think straight.

I have no coping stratagies and have suffered this from the age of 6 or 7, when it manifested itself and always when I have to go out of my comfort zone or meet someone I do not feel comfortable with, it attacks me.
So far I have never found anything natural that worked, and my mom is the type who likes herbal stuff so I've tried a lot of her suggestions over the decades. Do you tend to live with a constant sense of apprehension? Lately that has been an almost bigger problem than anxiety. Perhaps side effects of stress or something. The being scrutinized thing is what I hate more than anything about therapy. Guess there is no way around it and it doesn't bother everyone. My sister seems fine with it.

So far I have never found anything natural that worked, and my mom is the type who likes herbal stuff so I've tried a lot of her suggestions over the decades. Do you tend to live with a constant sense of apprehension? Lately that has been an almost bigger problem than anxiety. Perhaps side effects of stress or something. The being scrutinized thing is what I hate more than anything about therapy. Guess there is no way around it and it doesn't bother everyone. My sister seems fine with it.

Pardon my scrutiny, but "a constant sense of apprehension" sounds like what I live with, and after lots of working on it I've figured out it's due to trust issues, i.e. I don't trust in the goodness of people so I'm always apprehensive, and it definitely gets worse with stress. Does that make any sense?

Pardon my scrutiny, but "a constant sense of apprehension" sounds like what I live with, and after lots of working on it I've figured out it's due to trust issues, i.e. I don't trust in the goodness of people so I'm always apprehensive, and it definitely gets worse with stress. Does that make any sense?
Hmmm..... I am going to think about that.

Too much trust in people can also be naive and make you an easy target for abuse. Sometimes even NTs can be fooled, but it's often especially difficult for people on the autistic spectrum to read the signs as to whether a person is truly good and can be trusted or not. It's a shame as often there's the other side where people don't trust anyone which is usually caused by past issues where their trust has been betrayed. Ideally a person will have a good balance where they won't just trust anyone, but they will at least allow people to earn their trust, they will also have good experience in knowing what signs to spot which is easier said than done for someone on the autistic spectrum.

It's a sad world we live in when we have be cautious of other people in the first place because of so many evil people, E.g. confidence tricksters that often prey on the most vulnerable. I still believe the majority of people are basically good however.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom