• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Connections with animals

@ Luca Is there a way that you can add that article so that it is downloadable for sharing?

I am the one saying IF he survives Because to me, it just seems like so much unknown and so many things could go wrong.

I completely understand! I would be the same. I wouldn't feel all was well until it was absolutely confirmed to be so. It's a step at a time. With each one it's like waiting for the other foot to fall. But that's how we get through these things and I'm willing every step to go just right.

My dogs are my everything. I had one unexpectedly die a few years ago and it tore my heart out, and then last year a really traumatic episode with getting another fixed almost killed her, but the vet was able to save her.

Every day I feel so thankful to have 6 healthy dogs to spend all of my time with. They're amazing creatures

What I have learned is that cats are stoics. They can be at death's door yet will try to carry on. I knew that something was wrong with Mia when she laid down in a patch of catnip and refused to acknowledge anybody. So unlike her.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

On connections with animals, this is one of our assigned videos to watch this term:

Spend the whole night really anxious and awake. The other two were sweet and I am yet again reminded of how connected we are and how much i adore them.
We have information from the vet. He had the surgery, it went okay.

We'll be waiting to hear the outcome of this.
So glad to see the surgery went okay. Did they find what the obstruction was?

I know so well how cats are a part of the family.
One of my black cats, Petie, was 16 when he passed. I was 16 when I found him
in the woods with a litter of kittens. He was sooo small I had to spoon feed him at first.
I was with him when he died and he reached his paw out to me to hold, took his last breath then peacefully. I've never gotten over it. I can't talk about it without crying even now.

I can't have a cat now where I am renting, but the animal connection is so strong.
There is a great horned owl in the trees behind the house and in the middle of the
night, like now, I hear him. He even sat on a limb in the daytime once and I saw him.
Birds of prey and the large wading birds here in Florida, I feel a connection to.

I even keep frogs inside the pool enclosure and two glass containers with blackling
beetle pairs in them on a stand beside where I eat.
They are interesting and I like watching their habits. Could write a book about a bug's life!

Will be watching for updates on your cat. Bless.

I have a bird feeder that a Cooper's Hawk knows about. It flies along the house, makes a hard turn to the feeder and sometimes nails a mourning dove.
Poor little mourning doves. I know it's the circle of life, and all. But mourning doves are some of my favorite migratory birds. Their songs are so lovely, and their bodies so sleek and gentle looking.

But my favorite birds are the humble chickadees and juncos. We have had several clutches under our rafters. I love how the mother and father work together to feed and care for the young.

Chickadee: Dee-Dee-Dee

Junco: Jip!

At times I really wish I didn’t care as much, that I can just say ”only a animal” like some others can do. When my rabbit died in Dezember, I was very sad about finding him. I know that this is part of life but really wish it would not hurt as much As it does.

We have heard from the vet, he has not eaten anything yet. But he did just come out of surgery a few hours earlier than now, so going in and out of consciousness and being on a lot of pain killers and other medication would make him like this?

I seem to have some type of anxiety when my cats go to the vets. We go to the vets at 4:30pm. To talk with the vet but I think that is common Also. The last communication was that She only found hairballs stuck, although he has a very strange stomach shape (perhaps he is copying from my mom since she has the the same) and she has taken samples to be analyzed, so that it is too soon to discuss. Maybe she wants to talk about what she found, she seems to be one that wants to educate and explain what is happening — like she did with the xray. And maybe she wants to explain aftercare so I guess that would be something else. I really dont like waiting. I dont know what to do with myself and I am too tired to do anything productive but I dont want to sleep because I know that it would be very little.

I know that this is my anxiety — at least for once it is understandable why I am like this.

Poor little mourning doves. I know it's the circle of life, and all. But mourning doves are some of my favorite migratory birds. Their songs are so lovely, and their bodies so sleek and gentle looking.
I have also have had a red tailed hawk try to grab a squirrel scrabbling for spilled seed under the feeder. We have lots of raptors around my property.

I'm so glad that things appear to be moving in the right direction! I really hope it will be easy travels from here on in :)

I can definitely understand the anxiety. When I took my cat to get neutered I felt terrible and I was worried sick. When I went to pick him up he was rather dopey and sleeping a lot. I was told to feed him scrambled eggs. When we got back home he was following me so closely and when I was making his eggs, he was leaning against my leg with his tail firmly wrapped round it.

A few days later he was back to his usual self and had a new fondness for scrambled egg :)

It feels more than 1 day. I am so tired. We will be looking after him in turns. He keeps licking his mouth, like he has a bad taste but I think that is nausea but he did have one issue with drooling since coming back but the vet said that he would have that from the car journey. We made him a bed, but he does not want to go on it and instead is on the spare bed. He seems more relaxed.

He had a hair ball blockage in his stomach. But the stomach also has some issues that she has sent for biopsy. She think it is a cancer (not very likely But i am used to not always be lucky) or it is inflammation. It seems he had something going on but it passed through. Just have to keep a watch on him for the next few days, and hope he eats and makes a bowel movement But he has started eating a little.

A08A0D8C-D45F-4016-9206-E6189FEDD4E9.jpeg

It feels more than 1 day. I am so tired. We will be looking after him in turns. He keeps licking his mouth, like he has a bad taste but I think that is nausea but he did have one issue with drooling since coming back but the vet said that he would have that from the car journey. We made him a bed, but he does not want to go on it and instead is on the spare bed. He seems more relaxed.

He had a hair ball blockage in his stomach. But the stomach also has some issues that she has sent for biopsy. She think it is a cancer (not very likely But i am used to not always be lucky) or it is inflammation. It seems he had something going on but it passed through. Just have to keep a watch on him for the next few days, and hope he eats and makes a bowel movement But he has started eating a little.

View attachment 96038

What a beautiful grey color. And so fluffy. Good luck to him.

I think connection to animals is frequently very strong with us. The exact reasons why, I am unsure about. Two things I think may be at work are the fullfillment of companionship and emotional bond and also perhaps something in our different brain functioning that can assist relating to the different animal brain functioning.

New Threads

Top Bottom