• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Connections with animals

Such a pretty kitty! I'm glad he's found somewhere he's comfortable!

He may have a weird taste in his mouth. After I had been put under for an operation I woke up with a weird alkaline taste in my mouth and also quite a dry sensation.

Fluids helped, but obviously follow whatever advise your vet gave you.

In my case it took about a day for my body to get back to fairly normal.

I really hope that the biopsy results will be all clear!

I'm so glad he's back with you now at least :)

One of my cats had To go back to the vets to stay over night for care because he has an intenstine block although it is not known what it is that has caused the problem.

My cats are important to me. Every one of them are so special and mean a lot . When I have no one, they are there to help me. And I miss them when they are not around me. I connect more easy with them than i would with people. It is really hurting me that this is happening. And i am currently reading up everything i can find on this to prepare. I guess. Anyway, I guess to some people maybe they are just only a cat and not a big deal (i have had that told to me before) and if anyone would understand, I would really appreciate it.
I hope things get better for you, darl. We all love animals here <33

He looks like a cat I had as a kid called Kitty Grey.

So glad to hear he is home. Hoping the biopsy returns are good.

I think connection to animals is frequently very strong with us. The exact reasons why, I am unsure about. Two things I think may be at work are the fullfillment of companionship and emotional bond and also perhaps something in our different brain functioning that can assist relating to the different animal brain functioning.

I think animals also awakens my dad instinct sometimes. Especially small animals, something in me wants to protect them and make sure they are safe. When I had a yorkie I was always protecting her and looking out for other animals that could injure her. Yorkies are pretty helpless, it's a hard world when you weigh 4 pounds, good to have someone bigger to help you.

Last edited:
I think connection to animals is frequently very strong with us. The exact reasons why, I am unsure about. Two things I think may be at work are the fullfillment of companionship and emotional bond and also perhaps something in our different brain functioning that can assist relating to the different animal brain functioning.
That is quite possible. The companionship and bond and the ASD mind. Maybe there are books about this?

I know that i relate Better with animals than any people. I know that I have more deeper bonds with animals than with people. Not that I am not unsympathetic when it comes to people but it is at a different level. For example, I was devastated and depressed when my first cat died from fibrosarcoma but for my grandfather, my aunt told me that he died, I was not upset — and she was not happy that i was not in tears.
I think animals also awakens my dad instinct sometimes. Especially small animals, something in me wants to protect them and make sure they are safe. When I had a yorkie I was always protecting her and looking out for other animals that could injure her. Yorkies are pretty helpless, it's a hard world when you weigh 4 pounds, good to have someone bigger to help you.
I will do this “mom” instinct for any cat really like when they crosses the road, I will sometimes cross the road to make sure that the cat crosses safely. The car can’t drive into me. My cats, I am very protective With.

A couple of winters ago I stopped at a gas station and I was sitting in the car with the door open when a cat ran over to me and tried to get into the car. And it was so cold that day and he looked a little helpless and hungry. So I put him in the car and drove around a little, ringing doorbells on the houses around the gas station to hear if he belonged somewhere. But it was the middle of the day and people were not home.

So I took him home with me, he slept in my bedroom that night. The next day I realized that I had probably kidnapped someones cat... :) So I drove back with him and found out that he lived in a house next to the gas station. I accidentally stole their cat. lol But I felt so bad for him. My dad instinct took over.
One time it was raining very strongly and a cat was crying in the road and we took her in. She was old and had one eye. We had some food for her also. And then she left.

One time it was raining very strongly and a cat was crying in the road and we took her in. She was old and had one eye. We had some food for her also. And then she left.

That was nice of you. One eye, sounds like a tough old street cat. How is your cat doing? Is he doing ok?

That was nice of you. One eye, sounds like a tough old street cat. How is your cat doing? Is he doing ok?
We have a good day today — eaten some food. Had some water himself. had a walk around a few times, has seen his brother (they are seperate). It is worth being his nurse.=D

I'm going to go off the beaten path--not that I'm trying to be a downer--but I cannot relate to the enjoyment of pets or relating to animals. I grew up in a household where it was too cramped; four people and three dogs and four or six cats. Growing up, my parents were always stressed about money and pets. "Why have them if it's so stressful?" I always asked inwardly.

I'm glad for people who have pets who they love and can afford to care for properly, and I'm glad that those pets have good owners. From a stress and sensory perspective though...I simply cannot relate.

New Threads

Top Bottom