• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Comfort smells...

@Outdated

It may sound strange, sniffing a Cockatoo, but I've held them and you're right.
Hard to describe the smell, but it is pleasant.

A few others mentioned here I really like also.
Especially Pine needles, ocean breeze, orange blossoms and new car smell.

Black coffee.
Freshly dried laundry.
Vanilla ice cream.
Sizzling steak.
The fried chicken at the deli at my local grocery store.

1) "Perfectly Mint" Tea. I always take a whiff of the tea bag's wrapper before throwing it away.

2) Calvin Klein's "Obsession". Reminding me of a dearly departed cousin I miss very much.

My daily comfort scents are:

Bianco Latte (Giardini di Toscana) makes me feel at home, cozy under the blankets and safe. It's like a second skin or a shield that gives me security all day, every day. It has the ability to screen out unpleasant odors and create an impenetrable bubble.
(Other scents include Chocolate Greedy, Sweet Vanilla by Montale, but not for everyday wear as after a while, I would want to "tear off" my skin). If Bianco Latte is like a transparent silk veil, these two are like two layers of fleece, they suffocate after a while, unless it's winter and I'm feeling cold.

In the evening, I wear a violet-scented perfume (no brand, my pharmacist produces it). For me, it symbolizes the safety of home, the end of a day, the protection of not having to go out after coming home, cleanliness, and silence.

So, they all serve their purpose, but they are different: one protects from chaos, the other symbolizes the end of chaos.

Wearing perfume prevents sensory overload for me.

When I can even smell them (because that's my sensory lacking)...

Coffee, Pumpkin Pie, Oranges, a hamburger.

Carolina Jessamine has a lovely floral scent that prevades the area when it is blooming.
Orange blossoms, when the orange trees are blooming, the scent is apparent for miles.
Cinnamon, cloves
cookies baking
Roses
Some orchids
Lilly of the Valley
Cedar wood

All kinds of citrus fruits. Incense, especially frankincense. Freshly brewed coffee. Vanilla. Newly baked bread. Wet grass. Different scents in a forest. All kinds of flowers. Shampoo and cream scented with flowers, herbs and so on. Skin, in some circumstances. Cherries. Soil, at times. Good licorice. The scent of salt water from the sea carried by the wind. Apples. And many others, I am sure.

New Threads

Top Bottom