• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Coffee Press tips

disconnected

V.I.P Member
my coffee maker is wearing out. I have a coffee Press I haven’t used.

Do you have any tips? Do I use the same amount of coffee? How long should it seep?

TIA!

disco~

I use one of those little coffee measure spoons per cup. Seems about a tablespoon. Put the coffee in and then the boiling water. Then stir briefly to get most flavor. Put the screen thing on top, but do not push it down much, just enough to be steady. Let sit about 2-3 minutes. Now push the screen all the way down and pour coffee into cup. (You can check online for exact time. Too long gets bitter, too little comes out weak.) Done right, will taste better then coffee maker.

If you have a grinder for coffee beans, grind each time if you want full flavoured coffee. The grind for french press coffee should be like fine breadcrumbs or have the consistency of coarse salt.

Wet the coffee first, with about a tablespoon of hot water and wait about two minutes for the granules to expand a little. Then pour the rest of the hot water in and push the plunger in increments until it's fully loaded. :D

with French Press method you use 8 g (around one tablespoon) of coffee (medium grind) per 200 ml of water
water should be hot

i let it sit for 4 minutes and then press

and done! enjoy!

i love French Press, but my preference goes to Moka Pot- the taste is more rich and creamy

New Threads

Top Bottom