• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Clothing that you miss wearing

Pink Jazz

If there is any particular clothing item that you haven't worn in a long time for any particular reason that you miss wearing, what would it be?

I miss wearing my Spring 2015 IZOD Solid Interlock Polo in Fairy Tale. Sadly, it got bleach spots in the back, making it unwearable. I saw someone this past Sunday at church wearing that style of shirt and it really brings back memories. The spirit of that shirt lives on in my Spring 2018 Windward Interlock Polo in Fairy Tale. Some differences between the two are that the Spring 2015 has navy blue stripes on the collar and is navy blue inside the placket, while the Spring 2018 is wholly pink. The Spring 2018 also has a wider placket than the 2015, and has an embroidered IZOD logo. Also, the Spring 2015 was made in Egypt while the Spring 2018 was made in India.

I'd love to be able to walk on the beach. I have sensory issues and can't do that. And I am scrawny and feel weird. But I bet it would be nice to just stroll in on the beach in a bathing suit. I guess it would be fun to wear dresses. I can't wear them, I don't know why. Maybe rock a nice pair of jeans? Sensory issues say NO WAY.

I gave up on clothes. I mean i wear them, but it's the same thing every day.

In the 1990's I used to own a jean jacket that had a large troll doll on the back, which I painted myself. I would have given Mimi from The Drew Carey Show a run for her money. In fact I once dressed like her for Halloween in the 90's, complete with the neon blue eye paint.:smile:

I've worn the same thing for the last 10 years (I mean, I have multiple sets of the same thing, but literally the exact same thing). The only thing that's changed is my hoodies. I miss this white hoodie I had, it was 4XLT so it was a little baggy, but at least it was long enough. If I remembered anything about what brand or whatever it was, I'd buy another one.

I use to wear short skirts for awhile but I use to get a lot abuse for that so I stopped wearing them,also I use to be a fan of wearing jean jackets and I also use to wear a black leather coat and went through a period of wearing baker boy style hats.

As it happens, I have had a few favourite clothes, that I decided were not wearable anymore ie rather worn out looking, but I have got more imaginative with my clothes and feel sad, because I could have saved those favourites from the past.

I am not financially set up, to go and buy clothes, so have to be a bit savvy with what I do have.

I miss a few pairs of shoes that I wore until they fell apart. I cried when I threw them out.

If you had thought about it, you could have saved them and bought another pair. Do you have a photo of them?

I miss shaving my head, wearing mohawks, and dressing head to toe in black leather. Miss those punk days of the 80s/early 90s.

Can't say that I miss a thing, and I definitely won't be going back to a lot of it. Even the overpriced shoes and the oversized pants I used to wear at one point...I'm done with all of that.

As it happens, I have had a few favourite clothes, that I decided were not wearable anymore ie rather worn out looking, but I have got more imaginative with my clothes and feel sad, because I could have saved those favourites from the past.

I am not financially set up, to go and buy clothes, so have to be a bit savvy with what I do have.

If there's anything you have now that you really want to keep, see here. You can ask for advice. Alternatively and furthermore, you could look here for frugal clothing ideas. If you hunt around enough you should find plenty of ideas.

I miss cotton clothing, towels, sheets, jeans from the 1960’s. Better quality for cheap. lasted forever, breathable, comfortable. Back then, people didn’t have air conditioning. Liked the permanent press but hear it is unhealthy. Maybe why it doesn’t exist anymore and they substitute polyester into it for durability and less wrinkles which I can’t wear.

I once had that particular brand of tracksuit, like the ones I wear in my "Aspie With Attitude" YouTube videos.

I had a hoodie that match the sweatpants that I used to wear back in 1990-1992. I kept wearing that tracksuit up until it too small for me.

It used to say "Sweathog" across my hoodie in large white varsity style writing and the pants had the word 'Sweathog" written down my left leg.

While I sorely miss this tracksuit, I like wearing the tracksuits that have this style especially when I am in front of the video camera when filming my YouTube videos.

I'll be doing an episode about this subject soon.

If there is any particular clothing item that you haven't worn in a long time for any particular reason that you miss wearing, what would it be?

I suppose I miss a lot of my old clothes. Hard to choose. I tend to find an outfit I like and then wear it until it falls apart from too many washes. Right now I miss wearing my beanies. I am my best self in a hat. I can't be defeated. Too hot for hats right now though, and my trenchcoat. I miss that. I usually find a big baggie hoodie I like that covers my entire body and wear it over and over. I had one that used to say "Tokyo 98" on it. I miss that thing.

I miss wearing my Spring 2015 IZOD Solid Interlock Polo in Fairy Tale. Sadly, it got bleach spots in the back, making it unwearable

RIP :cry:

Miss the italian hiking boots that I bought in Italy. They fit me perfectly, I wore them everywhere, winter summer, fall. Twenty or so years of use, resoled several times. Even did a painting of them, I liked them so much. Never was able to find anything similar afterward.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom