• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Clothing that you miss wearing

Crocs. I loved wearing them in summer time when I was younger. My mom has forbidden myself and my siblings from wearing them though. She says that we are "too old" to be wearing them. They were so comfy!

:( That's a bummer. I love Crocs too.

I'll be 52 and I wear them all the time...especially the lined ones in the winter. Had to take my son to a podiatrist 2 years ago...figured I would check out what shoes foot doctors wore while I was there. Because hey, they're in the foot business.:D

He was in his 60's, and the nurse was around her late 50's. Both were wearing Crocs and recommended them when I asked.

Military issue extreme cold weather Mukluks. The best snow boots.

53695m2_ts.jpg

To anyone who is thinking of buying Mukluks if they do not say polyester, they are made from seal:fearscream: or rabbit :fearscream:skin ,which is taken from the animal when it is alive( if it is sourced from certain countries) and the boots are lined with wool.
The people and I say this very loosely, kick and injure the sheep to remove the wool, resulting in it being bruised and bleeding:fearscream:

To anyone who is thinking of buying Mukluks if they do not say polyester, they are made from seal:fearscream: or rabbit :fearscream:skin ,which is taken from the animal when it is alive( if it is sourced from certain countries) and the boots are lined with wool.
The people and I say this very loosely, kick and injure the sheep to remove the wool, resulting in it being bruised and bleeding:fearscream:

Military issue were not animal skins. Made from cotton, rubber and felt.

I'm 42 and I still have clothes from high school I can wear. When the snow finally starts to disappear in the spring and the sun comes out, I like to go out in these very light blue almost white jeans and jean jacket, popular around 1990. My springtime clothes, it feels like I am glowing. I miss that because now it's the time of year where it will rain until it starts snowing.

Not too much of a long time, but yesterday I wore my Spring 2017 Feeder Stripe Advantage Polo in Fairy Tale. This year I have mainly been wearing my Spring 2018 polos in Fairy Tale.

Well, I'm getting ready to say my final goodbye to my Spring 2015 IZOD Interlock Polo in Fairy Tale. I will be donating it to someone in need.

There are three button-down IZOD shirts in Fairy Tale from their Spring 2015 collection that I miss wearing that I will probably start wearing again. In the past year I have been mostly been wearing their Spring 2016 and newer clothes, which I consider IZOD's current era. The previous era (which I consider 2013-2015) was a rough period for IZOD, with a lot of sales declines, closure of the outlets, and discontinuation of the women's line. Sales have since been turning around and IZOD revived the women's line last year and is now expanding to Europe.

I miss wearing stirrup pants. If they're still out there, I wish I knew where they were because I would sure buy a few pair of them.

Argyle cardigans.

My favourite was a very lightweight cotton summer knit.
It was baby pink with grey, white, and robin's egg argyle.

I wore it with pink walking shorts and topsiders.

Leg Warmers from around 1981, over skinny jeans.

They need to come back.

Actually they were back for a while for my daughter.
It might have been around 2005.

They were especially good in our -20 or -30 degree winters.

I remember chipping ice out of them after walking home from school.

Charm bracelets that were not Pandora.

Mood rings.

Feather earrings.

Fun headbands.
I had one like this for Christmas. They still sell them on Amazon.

Screen Shot 2023-08-09 at 2.56.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-08-09 at 3.33.59 PM.png

Tall Doc Martens.

They still sell them but they aren't quite my vibe anymore.

I wear the normal ones now.

I liked overalls. Wore them all thru the later 70's. I learned not to wear white ones though. Grass stain city.

overalls.jpg

images (1).jpeg

I used to wear pink ballet slippers to school.

They were real ones, with the soft bottom, from my ballet class.

Eventually people started wearing "ballet flats" which looked like ballet slippers, but they had a proper sole for wearing outside.

Mine were legit.

I remember my mum freaking out that I'd ruin my feet since they didn't have enough support.

I love overalls! My daughter still wears them.

My favourite ones were made by Gap. They were beige shorts - overalls. I wore a black cami under them. Sometimes my partner liked me to wear soft sheer pantyhose with them if it was a bit cool outside.

Parachute pants.

Mine were bright sky blue cotton and I think they had a ruffle.

I was teased mercilessly when I wore them to school but I loved them.

New Threads

Top Bottom