• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Clothing that you miss wearing

I like big soft cotton Tshirts. They have to be sort of thin material so they give or stretch a bit. Pima cottn is the best! I buy all white clothes so i dont have to decide what color goes with what and they can all be washed with bleach if needed.
I have to wear two layers on top because i just can’t wear a bra, it drives me crazy. I will when i have too, but for everyday, no.
In the cooler weather i wear sweat pants as much as possible, but if i have to dress better i wear stretch jeans or a long skirt with elastic waist. Only elastic waist clothes! I dont follow fashion, but i try not to dress too weird, but sometimes wearing something that doesnt feel right ruins my whole day.

I’m addicted to Vibram toe shoes. I order 5 of the same style if they fit right as I fear they will quit making what works for me. I don’t fall or trip or anything, it helps compensate for achey knees and joints. I have dress pairs and casual ones. If I run out I panick because I can’t wear anything else, so I make sure I don’t. I buy the minimalist sole so i can release tension by feeling the earth as I walk. It releases negative energy and makes me connected to nature. I think I have about 13 pair right now.

That is intersting. I remember Vibram soles in hiking boots, didnt know they make regular shoes now.
I have some Sketchers that are comfortable but the soles are awful, they make sounds like they are sticky on hard floors even though they are clean. I hate that sound, it ruins the walking experience.
Maybe I’ll check out the Vibrams!

It is like going barefoot in the minimalist sole ones. Not all are minimalist. People will laugh at your toes though or think you’re weird. Some will think they are cool. But we are weird anyway so who cares. I wear injinji toe socks with them which are expensive but the toe sox last for years. Been wearing some socks five years.

I like big soft cotton Tshirts. They have to be sort of thin material so they give or stretch a bit. Pima cottn is the best! I buy all white clothes so i dont have to decide what color goes with what and they can all be washed with bleach if needed.
I have to wear two layers on top because i just can’t wear a bra, it drives me crazy. I will when i have too, but for everyday, no.
In the cooler weather i wear sweat pants as much as possible, but if i have to dress better i wear stretch jeans or a long skirt with elastic waist. Only elastic waist clothes! I dont follow fashion, but i try not to dress too weird, but sometimes wearing something that doesnt feel right ruins my whole day.
Me too! I can only wear stretch jeans with wide belt that I cinch up. I can’t stand a purse on my shoulder as it causes pain now so here I go with biker wallet, chain, phone in back pocket and keys dangling from waist. Not very girly i’m afraid. I wear sports bras. They are mostly cotton I think by Fruit of the Loom. I buy the biggest size possible so I don’t feel it as much. Cotton is getting harder to come by.

I found that a purse that has a cross body strap works pretty good. Just bought my first leather purse ever and i love it. Its actually a men’s messenger bag. Room for iPad, wallet, hankie, car keys, cell and thats about it. Keeps it simple and fairly light weight.
I have the sport bras to wear when I have to, i can handle it for maybe an hour or two and then its almost unbearable. Its enough to make me want to lose weight so the girls would shrink!lol
The most comfortable cotton t shirts are from LLBean, but they are sooooo expensive i only have two that ive been wearing about 6 years now. They are the pima cotton that is soft and drapes properly, not sticking out somewhere like stiff cotton can do. I just had a thought, i wonder if their men’s tshirts are less expensive......

i had a cross body purse I loved by Fossil. I wanted another but they changed the design. it was three same size pockets fastened together. The two on the outside were zippered, .the middle one was a clam. The clam was awesome for dropping things in when in a hurry.The aippered one by my body for valuables and outside one for papers and a front one for phone. But until I can find another one to suit my purpose,I’ll live without. I’m not buying a $300 leather purse built like a grocery sack. Other purses with pockets are cumbersome. I don’t like the magnets that pop open. So when my biker wallet is inconvenient, I lock it in the car and hang my keys on my bra strap. They hide in my arm pit and are not easily seen. If anyone is looking that hard, shame on ‘em!

I have the sport bras to wear when I have to, i can handle it for maybe an hour or two and then its almost unbearable. Its enough to make me want to lose weight so the girls would shrink!lol
That’s why I started buying sports bras four sizes too big. They don’t do anything at all for the girls, just make them less noticeable and less movement. It isn’t supporting them. But it keeps the strap from cutting off nerves and blood supply down my arm. I fold the excess bottom under them like a pocket to stay dry.

Denim Jeans.

Since I put weight on I can't find a big enough waist line on shop bought ones, that and because I'm a shorty, the legs are always too long, and the problem with that is you can't shorten Denim.

And I miss wearing my big black Batman cape, but fortunately Mum's working on it so I'll be able to wear it to Comic Con on Saturday.

Denim Jeans.

Since I put weight on I can't find a big enough waist line on shop bought ones, that and because I'm a shorty, the legs are always too long, and the problem with that is you can't shorten Denim.

And I miss wearing my big black Batman cape, but fortunately Mum's working on it so I'll be able to wear it to Comic Con on Saturday.

Call this number in USA. He can fit anybody and he can get jeans that will fit anybody. He carries up to 80 inch waist and as small an inseam as 28 inches. The jeans are 98% cotton and 2% spandex. He ships anywhere in the world, can shorten the jean if needed. They are called Grand River Jeans and was in New Orleans but moved to Vicksburg MS after Katrina. Or ask me in Private Mail any questions and Ill call him to ask questions until you are more serious about an order. I don’t Know the country code for USA.
Kornfields
662) 453-1352

Last edited:
Denim Jeans.

You can shorten Denim. If you want the yellowish golden stitched turned under seam, that can be done on a machine with that type of thread. Looks just like it came that way.

I'd love to be able to walk on the beach. I have sensory issues and can't do that. And I am scrawny and feel weird. But I bet it would be nice to just stroll in on the beach in a bathing suit. I guess it would be fun to wear dresses. I can't wear them, I don't know why. Maybe rock a nice pair of jeans? Sensory issues say NO WAY.

I gave up on clothes. I mean i wear them, but it's the same thing every day.

Just buy black pants. Then you can wear color tops. .I wear only jeans or denim shorts so I can wear any color on top. But you could do that with elastic pants. I thought about being like a monk so I didn’t have to decide on clothes. But the men with the straight jackets might show up. I’m thinking about making a lot of plain dresses alike for church. Different solid colors. I get sick of fashion at my old age on my fat little body.

I miss cotton clothing, towels, sheets, jeans from the 1960’s. Better quality for cheap. lasted forever, breathable, comfortable. Back then, people didn’t have air conditioning. Liked the permanent press but hear it is unhealthy. Maybe why it doesn’t exist anymore and they substitute polyester into it for durability and less wrinkles which I can’t wear.

I am totally with you on everything said here. Everything changed because of two thngs: 1. the invention of plastics during WW2 which created acrylics, polyesters, nylons, and other synthetic fibers. 2. President Reagan opened up trade with China in the 1980s. Clothing changed drastically seemingly overnight! America is known for growing cotton, but where does it go? Not into making clothing, sheets, towels, etc. sold here.

My solution is to only shop at good thrift stores and shop in the men’s department. Well made cotton shirts, shorts, pants are cheap and often in good condition. I will not do anything with synthetics, and I cannot afford buying new uality clothing in all natural fibers. It’s a real pain to iron clothes now, but it’s a price I will gladly pay for quality clothing. Or I just hang the damp stuff straight from the washing machine, and skip the dryer. I can get beautiful well-made 100% cotten shirts for $4.00 each that originally cost $40 to $80.00.

Thrift shops are also my go to source for 100% wool blankets, as I hate having indoor heat in winter time, and love snuggling under thick layers of wool blankets. Can find at thrift stores for under $5.00 and often less than half of that too.

Last edited:
In the winter I miss tank tops, shorts, and flip flops. I would love to live somewhere warm all year long. :)

In the summer I sometimes miss soft fuzzy socks, when it's too hot to still wear them.

As for fashion trends the one thing I've NEVER missed is tube tops. I have hated them since the 70's. They rate #1 just above turtlenecks on my list of "things I'll never wear again".

I used to wear bandannas or "do rags" in my hair a lot. I still have them but it feels weird to wear them now. But they were great on windy days because they kept my hair from getting blown everywhere while staying in place, unlike hats.

Call this number in USA. He can fit anybody and he can get jeans that will fit anybody. He carries up to 80 inch waist and as small an inseam as 28 inches. The jeans are 98% cotton and 2% spandex. He ships anywhere in the world, can shorten the jean if needed. They are called Grand River Jeans and was in New Orleans but moved to Vicksburg MS after Katrina. Or ask me in Private Mail any questions and Ill call him to ask questions until you are more serious about an order. I don’t Know the country code for USA.
Kornfields
662) 453-1352

Thanks but I live in Sheffield, England therefore the number is no good to me.

Crocs. I loved wearing them in summer time when I was younger. My mom has forbidden myself and my siblings from wearing them though. She says that we are "too old" to be wearing them. They were so comfy!

New Threads

Top Bottom