• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Cheers (the sitcom)

FromEquestria2LA

You know, lately, with all the news I hear, I have decided, in addition to viewing Seinfeld, Mystery Science Theater 3000 and Whose Line is it Anyway?, I have also watched the 1982-93 sitcom Cheers.

Simply put, the sitcom is centered on the misadventures of the owners and patrons of a quirky Boston bar.

I kinda like it, because of how funny it is, how I can relate to the characters, and how cozy the bar looks.
sabiggrin.gif
Anybody else remember the show?

yes I didn't like Carla and being autistic I didn't like extra new characters being brought in .
and I didn't like the way they shouted norm and I thought Cliff didn't deserve to be mocked .
I loved the photo at the start. The theme music was a bit cheesy .

LOL. At one point in my life I had a relationship with one of my coworkers and the office crowd used to call us "Sam and Diane". :p

Oh yeah...I've often wondered what it would be like to have a real bar to go to where everyone knew my name and wasn't prepared to lynch me.

But I came to the conclusion that such places are merely mythical and only found on television. Either that or it's just an NT's "wet dream". Not intended for me or someone like me.

I love Cheers! I don't really analyze shows to know why I like them, but I just like it is all.

Cheers was brilliant, although the main reason I watched was cos I was in love with Kirstie Alley, and heck, I still would.

One of the best TV shows ever. I got the complete series on DVD a few Christmases ago. Preferred the Shelly Long yrs. to the Kirstie Alley years.

New Threads

Top Bottom