• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Cats that do strange things?

I have two cats. My younger cat Mischief will pester me and live up to his name whenever I eat Pop-Tarts. I find it strange that he wants to eat them since they are not a protein-based food, like cheese slices. *which both* my cats really like. But Mischief is the one who begs so much while I'm eating he's almost like a dog.:hearteyecat::doughnut:

I have a begging cat too.
If she hears the chopping boards being placed on a work surface she associates the noise with reward/ pleasure/ good things.
(Usually preparing meat)

My dog will respectfully sit a little distance away,
My cat will sit at my feet patiently waiting for the raw offcuts.

When we’re ready she will balance beautifully, semi upright, like a meerkat, waiting to catch whatever I throw to her with her paws.

Pretty amazing to watch her hold that balance.

After Cinnamon eats or uses his litterbox, he dips his paws into his water dish and wipes them on the nearest box or wall. It's like he saw us washing our hands and thought he should do it too. My parents hate it though.

View attachment 35750

Does your cat do strange things? Went outside today to find my cat Iggy (formerly know as Pinky) Asleep beside my car, at first I thought he was dead. Right out in the open, he woke up later because a fly was bothering him. He seems to have no stalking, hiding, hunting, instincts whatsoever. Although he lives to fight with other male cats, and to guard the property day and night, even though he's neutered. He'll wander about, and simply sleep wherever he is.

My two others and all cats I've known seemed to have some sort of instinctual self-preservation and sleep in places where they can't be seen both inside and outside. Do your cats do things that you don't understand? My spouse thinks he does it because he's not afraid of anything. I suspect he was taken away from his Mother before he learned any of those skills. Or he was born in a commercial pet selling operation.
Hahaha oh he's gorgeous! I love cats because they are as weird as me lol ;-). My current cat is 16yrs old this week, I rescued her years ago. She does this awesome thing where I whistle while shra on my lap or next to me....she shoes sudden interest...then abruptly moves closer and looks at me quite astounded...then starts smooching as though she's filled with so much joy. Once I discovered this I YouTubed it and millions of cats share this strange hidden love for whistling . Let me know if your cats dig it too.

1yhafh.JPG

So...this is how my cat Sam lay on me the other week.
He has crazy mood swings, sometimes tries to nibble human hair, stalks people down the road, rests his chin on just about anything and goes nuts for chicken.
Then there's my sisters cat who will only drink water if its in a mug/cup made for humans.

But they wouldnt be cats without the odd quirk, right? XD
I think its what makes them so unique and lovable...and downright funny.
Ooooh I love the chin resting thing it really makes me laugh. My cat appears to do it because she knows I find it irresistible and will run from the other side of room to kiss her forehead when she does it. My friend and I send random pics to each other doing it ourselves , just for laughs.

I had a cat that would stand up on her hind legs and move her front paws up and down, as if she wanted something. My best guess from what I knew about her...it was done when she wanted attention of some sort. It was pretty entertaining and cute to sum it up.

I used to loudly whistle to my cat to come in after a leisurely day of lying in the yard across the street.

Go figure. Maybe in her past life she was a dog. :p

I have two cats... One ADORES muffins, he hears them a mile away and comes running to almost sit on my head so he'd get some. I don't give him any anymore as really, cats should not have cake.
The other plays fetch, he brings me one of his toys so I throw it, only for him to bring it back to do that a few times. Granted I think he learnt this from the first cat as he started the whole fetch game. Cat number 1 still brings me his toys for attention or as an 'offering' when he feels he's missing out on ice cream.

My cat (Zap) sleeps on top of my dog (Tucker)... its pretty weird, but they seem like best friends.
Where one is, the other is, and they seem to have lots of fun together.

Haha that reminds me of my cat and dog! My cat Alexis loves Toby (the dog) so much that she goes walking around the block with him (I think she thinks he can't look after himself and needs protecting) and when we get home she's always kissing him and rubbing herself against him. Once, she was in a playful mood in the middle of the walk and jumped right on top of poor unsuspecting Toby's back! He didn't quite know what to make of that. He was pretty shocked.

One of my wife's eleven cats is named "Fridge". He got his name when he was real young and as a kitten very energetic and rambunctious. One day as I opened the refrigerator, he quickly ran inside and curled up on the rear bottom shelve as if to say; Ha! You can't get me now.

I think my cat knows how to listen to music. I was playing a song on the CD player and the cat came out of her hiding hole under the porch and stood next to the window the whole time the song was playing. Then when the next song started playing she did not like it and ran back into her hole as fast as she could. She came back out and stood next to the window as the next song played.

This is a recent strange thing my cat Alexis has been doing. I feed her first before my dog, and her food is up on a short bookcase so Toby can't get to it. I was preparing the dogs dinner and had poured the dry food and wet food in and left the bowl for a second to put the empty can in the bin. As soon as I left the bowl, the Alexis quickly jumped down from her spot, and sprinted towards the dog's food at top speed as if she was going to eat it! I have to keep snatching it up, before she starts eating it. It's hilarious - she's been doing it every single night :)

One of our family's cats used to bring in tennis balls. That was before he graduated to mice and rats...

Yes. I taught my cat to "Go fetch!" Too. Using a fuzzy light-weight soft ball, about an inch diameter. When I throw it and say "go fetch" he runs back to me with it in his mouth, but 3/4 of the way, he drops it and bats it to me with his paws. Then he gets a treat. Except sometimes he plays with it for a while batting it all over the room before bringing it back.

New Threads

Top Bottom