• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Board Game clique

paloftoon

V.I.P Member
There was a board game clique I was getting involved with, but I see that I'm starting to become just another person that needs to be separated from others apparently. . .

One person in that clique I don't get along with now, cause he was getting upset over me not being able to play fast enough, and he noticed that I was upset and questioned it. I told him that I'm trying to finish the game as fast as I can, and then there was a misunderstanding about who had what in the game. This person took it as I was accusing or attacking him. He kept insisting that he was right, and when he did, I just said it's fine, I'll take your word for it. Once a third player started to shove a piece that I thought I should have had, I just decided to get up and leave instead.

I also found out later on that this person has extreme social issues, and has had trouble with many other people. However, he's still part of this clique because they are closer in age to that person, he knows how to play more games, and they've already been trading games with each other.

Another person in the group that I don't get along with has extreme depression issues. She is upset that I didn't go to her 50th b-day, and she was expecting me to go. I also didn't appreciate how she was fully defending the other person's actions even though she told me I was totally in the right at first. This person also was in that incident with the group of people playing the game described earlier.

On July 4, I asked a couple of other people in the group if anything was going on, and they didn't respond. Then, when I asked one of them what they did on July 4, she says she "doesn't remember."

I have to move on once again, hopefully to a group whose emotional baggage I can deal with.

What I do realize is that everyone has emotional "baggage" including myself, and that sometimes you get lucky to find people you can (temporarily) be around with. It's "funny" how some of those people are okay being at each others' places, but that it's never okay to have me there even though I've known these people for years with our common interests of tabletops and being in the area.

Outside of the 4+ board game groups I've attended sporadically/attend regularly, I also do competitive chess groups. I've "connected" with a reserved person there because we seem to be the only ones similar in age to each other, I play well enough that he enjoys trying to play me, and he plays well enough for me as well.

He doesn't know about any other chess groups- just seems to clump to his own neighborhood. I'm concerned he only wants to stick to what he knows despite living in a big city. He also didn't text me his e-mail address like he said he would about getting info. on more clubs. I can remind him, but I don't want to push him away by doing so either.

I am getting out so much I get overwhelmed.

I may be at the point of needing another break. It's easy for me to be "social", but it's not so easy to connect. People get pushed away by silly things or because of their own issues :(

New Threads

Top Bottom