• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Being replaced by phones/internet

Cogs Of My Cranium

I've always been kind of a 3rd wheel. I like saying my random facts news and stats whenever the opportunity arises (even when it's not arisen sometimes lol) but now I feel other people can get this from their mobile phones and Internet etc. I'm worried that this (essential!! Lol) role I play in group situations will be phased out over time and I'll be replaced by technology. I feel my randomness is part of my charm sigh (well I want/hope it is).

technology lacks the abilities of random, creative thought and, as such will never replace the random, thoughtful amazing people that make groups so much fun. You're one of those people, never stop being you, and keep those randomized cogs turning at full speed. :)

Ha, I think if that was the case it would have happened about fifteen years ago. Turns out the typical person isn't are interested in facts as they are about the emotional states of each other and who killed who in their soaps, apparently facts aren't all that interesting to these weirdos!

I've always been kind of a 3rd wheel. I like saying my random facts news and stats whenever the opportunity arises (even when it's not arisen sometimes lol) but now I feel other people can get this from their mobile phones and Internet etc. I'm worried that this (essential!! Lol) role I play in group situations will be phased out over time and I'll be replaced by technology. I feel my randomness is part of my charm sigh (well I want/hope it is).

"Group situations" is not something that I an very familiar with. All the technology in the world is not going to replace your mind. Keep thinking and quit worrying.

There will always be a place for quick and unusual thinkers. Other people wouldn't even think to look up a fact while you have it on the tip of your tongue.

If you have time/inclination and any particular interests then maybe you could write pages/change them on something like Wikipedia so you are adding the knowledge for everyone else as well.

New Threads

Top Bottom