• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

autism what is it

Where is the proof that autism is conjenital? The evidence is against it being inherited as the rates of it have soared during the last 15 years.

You've combined two things that do not link here.
The evidence of whether or not it is inherited has no relation to the rates of it soaring over the last few years.

OMG, my head hurts after reading this thread.

OP, just to reiterate countless posts thus far:-

NO CURE
NO CURE
NO CURE
NO CURE
NO CURE

OMG, my head hurts after reading this thread.

OP, just to reiterate countless posts thus far:-

NO CURE
NO CURE
NO CURE
NO CURE
NO CURE

Here is the weirdness. The more I read (extreme focused speed reader here), the more there are people and parents that say they have lessened or “ cured” their children. I am saying there seems to be a large faction of them and they are very loud and vocal.

Then there is epigenetics, which I was informed of here on this thread, and found out is a very real part of science. It’s all making my head hurt too! I must say that the more I read from science based research, that there might be something to all this...of course mixed in with crazy pseudo science, and abusive therapies like Jim Humble’s bleach and neem oil therapies for severely autistic children. He and his associate Kerri Rivera have millions of followers world wide that swear they are “curing” autism. Some swear that if all heavy metals are removed from the child, and with diet, there will be an extreme change in low functioning behaviors to “normalcy.” Some say putting the child in a hyperbaric chamber twice a day will change a non -verbal speaker into a normal talking toddler! (Hyperbaric chambers can injure ear drums in the process).

There is so much information out there with even scientists hypothesizing and disagreeing that it’s easy to just choose a side and close off any other ideas. I want to keep exploring all these different worlds of ideas. It’s fascinating...but sometimes I wish I had never started learning about autism.

Last edited:
You've combined two things that do not link here.
The evidence of whether or not it is inherited has no relation to the rates of it soaring over the last few years.

Yes, is it the chemicals, heavy metals, pollutants, and crappy tainted processed foods, etc we all are exposed to? I read in Epigenetic research that exposure to these thing can pass through four generations of offspring in mice. So no only are we exposed in the womb, but the toxicity is carried four generations (in the clinical studies I read). I am thinking of how horrible the pollution was during the Industrial Revolution was...it was very bad as there were no protections.

Too early to get brain stewed over this!

Are you a fan of Kerri Rivera and her book? Do you embrace MMS therapies, hyperbaric chambers, Neem oil, and all that? Quite the controversies. Have you, as a parent of an autistic child engaged in these practices? Do you believe that the heavy metals in vaccinations are part of the problem?

I am not as parent - I am a sufferer. I have not read Kerri Rivera. The 'out there' therapies I have no opinion on as I have not tried them nor know others who have. I am speaking of people using diet and orthomolecular inteventions.

As I believe that mercury is a significant cause of my own ASD from teething powders, I have to take seriously the many many parents who say their child was normal till a vax. I know that one of my kids had a severe reaction to one of them so I stopped them afterwards.

Yes, is it the chemicals, heavy metals, pollutants, and crappy tainted processed foods, etc we all are exposed to? I read in Epigenetic research that exposure to these thing can pass through four generations of offspring in mice. So no only are we exposed in the womb, but the toxicity is carried four generations (in the clinical studies I read). I am thinking of how horrible the pollution was during the Industrial Revolution was...it was very bad as there were no protections.

Too early to get brain stewed over this!

Rates of it soaring also

The trend of identification. Education of Doctors leads to greater diagnosis.

I would say there are several causes.

But the increased identification - does not mean levels of it are soaring.

It can mean the statistics can easily show that they are. Partly because of low levels of identification and even misdiagnosis in the past.

So Imo, not necessarily related.

Diagnosis has a trend.

I am not as parent - I am a sufferer. I have not read Kerri Rivera. The 'out there' therapies I have no opinion on as I have not tried them nor know others who have. I am speaking of people using diet and orthomolecular inteventions.

As I believe that mercury is a significant cause of my own ASD from teething powders, I have to take seriously the many many parents who say their child was normal till a vax. I know that one of my kids had a severe reaction to one of them so I stopped them afterwards.

Vaccinations? But science says they have proven that vaccinations absolutely are not at fault. Still, I read that many parents do not accept that.

Mercury in teething powders??? Yikes.
I have no idea where my autism came from- I think my oldest brother (in his mid 70s) also has it but he has never admitted it, nor have we discussed it. ( I want to have that conversation soon).

Chocoholic, what dietary and orthomolecular changes have you made?

If you had watched the video I put up, you would doubt many of these so called scientific studies.

I quit dairy and gluten and both of these made a huge difference to me. I tried methylation therapy but have too many deficiencies for it to be safe.

I haven't seen anyone believe a pill cures autism, but I have seen people believe diet and other things cure autism. Some of them are incredibly disturbing. I've not looked into every claim, some of them may have a basis.

but before this you said :

does any of you say that there is a pill or diet that can cure autism?
I don't, but some people believe this.

you are clearly saying at first you havet seen anyone believe in a pill cure
then you said - i dont (you dont yourself) but some people believe this.
When we talk about pills and the like, we usually mean pills for specific problems caused by autism or related disorders, and never the entire disorder itself. My pills dont "cure" my autism, but rather, allow me to concentrate. Diets are usually changed to reduce aggression in autistic children and adults, because some foods cause bodily discomfort for us. Nothing can cure autism because it is not a disease, just like nothing can cure a person of having blue eyes or being left handed. I'm not any less or more autistic on or off my pills, I just have a better time focusing on tasks. No one who is truly autistic can ever be cured of autism. They either learn to mask or manage it on a daily basis, and that's when pills and diets come into play.

If you had watched the video I put up, you would doubt many of these so called scientific studies.
I quit dairy and gluten and both of these made a huge difference to me. I tried methylation therapy but have too many deficiencies for it to be safe.

Here is the extremist Kelly Rivera who reports that she has “cured” autism and has “documentation from parents of 369 children since 2010.” She advocates the most sickening protocols - pool bleach injestion , bleach enemas (for austici children!), Neem oil and perhaps even turpentine. Horrible. Yet she has thousands of followers world wide. Crazy.
You can read my read in the comment area right below. I am sure they will delete them soon.

Since I worked in the mental health industry, (and spent 28 years on psych meds myself before quitting on my own) I can say I absolutely detest big pharma. I did not have to watch the video (but will if it will actually teach me something or make you happier :) ). I do not doubt though the way science runs clinical trials to formulate consensus. I DO question when the studies are backed by big pharma versus independent studies. I know all about that. This is why, I do not accept anything handed to me without researching it myself.

The patients I have worked with all have terrible side affects to the psyche meds they take. If only I could get them to change their diets instead, stop smoking (schizophrenia prescriptions side effects are to heavily increase smoking cravings), stop drinking sodas, and stop eating sugar! I have tried, with NO success whatsoever.

Last edited:
Here is the extremist Kelly Rivera who reports that she has “cured” autism and has “documentation from parents of 369 children since 2010.” She advocates the most sickening protocols - pool bleach injestion , bleach enemas (for austici children!), Neem oil and perhaps even turpentine. Horrible. Yet she has thousands of followers world wide. Crazy.
You can read my read in the comment area right below. I am sure they will delete them soon.

Since I worked in the mental health industry, (and spent 28 years on psych meds myself before quitting on my own) I can say I absolutely detest big pharma. I did not have to watch the video (but will if it will actually teach me something or make you happier :) ). I do not doubt though the way science runs clinical trials to formulate consensus. I DO question when the studies are backed by big pharma versus independent studies. I know all about that. This is why, I do not accept anything handed to me without researching it myself.

The patients I have worked with all have terrible side affects to the psyche meds they take. If only I could get them to change their diets instead, stop smoking (schizophrenia prescriptions side effects are to heavily increase smoking cravings), stop drinking sodas, and stop eating sugar! I have tried, with NO success whatsoever.

Hello Mary Anne, I watched half of the video. Unfortunately Kerry comes across poorly due to her enthusiasm and also probably because of the flak she expects. The 'bleach' she is on about - chlorine dioxide, is added to water supplies and is used to preserve food so it is not like it is a poison, and the doses are small enough not to cause harm, but to kill parasites. Peole with the sort of neurological damage that ASD folk have also have compromised guts and immune system dysfunction.

I would not dismiss her just like that because people who are actually helping the sick ASD children, are a target. I would not try it myself nor turpentine which is actually the gum from trees and is a folk remedy for all sorts of things.

If hundreds of parents follow her then you have to say they are all crazy people or liars. I would like to listen to them first before condeming Kerry who seems like smart lady to me.

If thousands of parents follow her then you have to say they are all crazy people or liars.

There are other options than those you have stated here.

Shakespeare :
There are greater things in heaven and Earth than
Are present in your philosophy,Horatio.

Imo you're walking down the wrong path.
Using incorrect assumptions to walk down a trail of logic.

Unfortunately Kerry comes across poorly due to her enthusiasm and also probably because of the flak

She sounds like a nutcase. She isnt. This is her method to make money.
Talking quickly,enthusiasm,lots of information,giving an impression of great knowledge.

People who have "lost the autism diagnosis" is her words.
So perhaps teaching those to wear a better mask....
Not curing but to "lose the diagnosis"

Remember criteria have also changed to make it more difficult to get a diagnosis.
Perhaps that also makes it easier to lose a diagnosis.

Some doctors about chlorine dioxide treatment

Warning Against Chlorine Dioxide Use | Autism Research Institute

Note doctors.

Hello Mary Anne, I watched half of the video. Unfortunately Kerry comes across poorly due to her enthusiasm and also probably because of the flak she expects. The 'bleach' she is on about - chlorine dioxide, is added to water supplies and is used to preserve food so it is not like it is a poison, and the doses are small enough not to cause harm, but to kill parasites. Peole with the sort of neurological damage that ASD folk have also have compromised guts and immune system dysfunction.

I would not dismiss her just like that because people who are actually helping the sick ASD children, are a target. I would not try it myself nor turpentine which is actually the gum from trees and is a folk remedy for all sorts of things.

If hundreds of parents follow her then you have to say they are all crazy people or liars. I would like to listen to them first before condeming Kerry who seems like smart lady to me.[/QUOTE

I appreciate your opinions. I have now done plenty of research (days and many many hours worth), including of people who have endured bleeding, severe rashes, blistering etc. I cannot endorse it. On top of that there are several prison cases now in Canada and the UK against those selling the MMS. So it’s not only me having this opinion.
. Also, there has been absolutely no where on line to prove Ms. Rivera is a doctor or any sort. She has been linked to the cult leader James Humble, who is the one to initially dream up using pool disenfectant and calling it MMS. He claims to cure everything from cancer to Alzheimer’s to autism with this pool bleach. I have no doubt that is kills parasites in the gut!

There are other options than those you have stated here.

Shakespeare :
There are greater things in heaven and Earth than
Are present in your philosophy,Horatio.

Imo you're walking down the wrong path.
Using incorrect assumptions to walk down a trail of logic.

She sounds like a nutcase. She isnt. This is her method to make money.
Talking quickly,enthusiasm,lots of information,giving an impression of great knowledge.

People who have "lost the autism diagnosis" is her words.
So perhaps teaching those to wear a better mask....
Not curing but to "lose the diagnosis"

Remember criteria have also changed to make it more difficult to get a diagnosis.
Perhaps that also makes it easier to lose a diagnosis.

Some doctors about chlorine dioxide treatment

Warning Against Chlorine Dioxide Use | Autism Research Institute

Note doctors.

Sorry I take no notice of these organisations that are usually funded by Big Pharma.

Amongst any patient groups I would think that parents of autistic kids will be the most discerning of BS.

Sorry I take no notice of these organisations that are usually funded by Big Pharma.

Amongst any patient groups I would think that parents of autistic kids will be the most discerning of BS.

Actually, it’s BECAUSE these organizations are NOT related to ”big pharma” and paired with the extreme desperation of parents to change and normalize their low functioning autistic children, that these so-called “cures” thrive.

New Threads

Top Bottom