• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

SocOfAutism

I've been a member here for a little while, so I'm not dipping in with a study and then dipping out. I'm a sociologist studying autistic people in the workplace. I have a current study called Autism Disclosure in the Workplace. If you would like to participate, please check out my site at https://autatwork.wordpress.com/

I will have future studies about autistic people in positions of power (formal and informal power), and autistic work communities (if you suspect your co-workers are also on the spectrum).

The purpose of my research is to dispel the idea that autistic children do not grow up into independent adults. I want to make autistic adults the authority voices in autism research, not curebies.

I'm happy to answer any questions here in this thread, via direct message, or through the contact methods listed on the wordpress.

Thanks!

I don't see any way to sign the consent form online. Am I correct in understanding that we'd have to download, print out, physically sign, and then scan a consent form? That seems like a lot of work especially since the survey will last for an indeterminate period.

Is there anyway you could do this through docusign or some other on-line application where we could just click for an electronic signature or perhaps use a mouse to scrawl our name? Just wondering.

So sorry for the late reply! This got lost in my notifications!

No, you do not have to print it out. Download, enable editing, type a name (I don't care what name as long as it's not obviously fake) and the date, then email it back to me at autatworkvtATgmail.com

Problem is that it opens in word, I do not have this on my computer, nor am I going to buy it to make the trial version that I do have work again to sign it. But would love to particitpate, just cant

Problem is that it opens in word, I do not have this on my computer, nor am I going to buy it to make the trial version that I do have work again to sign it. But would love to particitpate, just cant

What if the document is in rtf? Would that work?

I could make a Google doc, but the documents have to be individual and I don't know if that can work with google docs.

I don't see any way to sign the consent form online. Am I correct in understanding that we'd have to download, print out, physically sign, and then scan a consent form? That seems like a lot of work especially since the survey will last for an indeterminate period.

Is there anyway you could do this through docusign or some other on-line application where we could just click for an electronic signature or perhaps use a mouse to scrawl our name? Just wondering.

Download OpenOffice. It's free and will let you create and use word and excel docs. Simples.

https://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html

Oh yeah I forgot about Open Office. Thank you, Rhymer! I used that for years at a software development company because our boss didn't want to pay for MS Office, so I can second that it is indeed the same. If that won't work I can email anyone the informed consent in other file formats if you contact me and ask.

New Threads

Top Bottom