• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspie's Mom

newlox

Hi,

I'm not sure I have a right to be here, and I apologize to anyone who feels I'm intruding on their space. My teenage son has the diagnosis, not me. I was looking for a community that would help me help him socially. He is beautiful and values relationships but has difficulty starting and maintaining them. I have little support from his school and am still searching for decent therapists, although we've been down that road before. Anyway, I guess I need help from a parent's point of view and I don't know if this is the right forum. I'd be interested in any thoughts though, if the community doesn't feel I'm intruding.

Hi, welcome to Aspies Central. Although most of the members here are Aspies, we have had and do have NT members-usually here to understand a loved one better. You are perfectly welcome here. :)

Last edited:
Thank you so much! I have to say, I feel a little stupid now, because as soon as I posted, other threads similar to mine appeared and - yes! - it seems there are a lot of Aspie parents here! Yay! I just didn't search hard enough I guess. I must spend more time exploring the site ... Thanks so much for your warm welcome!

Welcome! Please, feel free to explore, and don't be shy; ask whatever you like! We are here to help anyone we can. :)

I'm an Aspie, (recently diagnosed) I explored every site I could find, till I settled here. You will find a rare, supportive community, advice, friends, help when you need it.. I did.
This place is cared for, no-one discriminates or intends offence.. you've just found what we were all looking for when we arrived. :)

I'm an Aspie, (recently diagnosed) I explored every site I could find, till I settled here. You will find a rare, supportive community, advice, friends, help when you need it.. I did.
This place is cared for, no-one discriminates or intends offence.. you've just found what we were all looking for when we arrived. :)

newlox

il_340x270.424503451_m2xh.jpg

I don't understand the point of 'deleting' whatever
you may have said, but leaving the posts with the
word "Delete" in all 3 of them.

You could have removed the posts entirely. This
gives the impression that you had quite a bit to say,
but for some reason are with holding the content,
possibly out of irony or something. [Or it could be
just lack of familiarity with the format.]

I don't get it.
:evergreen: