• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspies are just same as everyone?

It's funny you say what you said because I was thinking all day today that maybe aspies or HFA people actually are deeper than NT's. We have some deep conversations here, whereas any NT I talk to is the same surface stuff and I even had written in my journal "Is the world shallow?" We're not and maybe that's one of the things that make us different.

I think I can confidently say we have a greater affinity for concentration.

I understand girls don't care about science or reshaping the world into something better, them discussing day-to day stuff is expected, their life goals are different than guys, like make a family and offspring. I don't judge them, we are just different.

Nope, you are wrong there. There's incredible women scientists out there. But they often get their work stolen and then ignored, like Rosalind Franklin.

Now that there is less social pressure about reproducing, both women and men can choose to be childfree.

Now that there is less social pressure about reproducing, both women and men can choose to be childfree.
You got it backwards, there were no pressure before, to have children, its natural urge.
Now there's pressure to not have children, child free movement this is against human nature.

Did you ever ask yourself why you need to prove than women are same as men in every way, is this even natural or some kind of obsession society (feminism) put in your head?

In modern world guys want to be girls and girls want to be guys... just 50 years ago this would have been considered psychological disorder... but today its okay.

Last edited:
It pains me to post this but... Us Aspies are different to NT people, but, it's our differences that make us unique in most respects IMO.

It just winds me up that some very small minded people think everyone who isn't in perfect mental health is obviously retarded.

Contrary to popular belief, no, I might not be a Mastermind Champion, but I'm NOT daft.

Did you ever ask yourself why you need to prove than women are same as men in every way, is this even natural or some kind of obsession society (feminism) put in your head?

No. I am a proud feminist and I don’t need to prove anything.

You are aware that feminism is the radical notion that women are people?

I am a free radical, only I operate for GOOD.

No. I am a proud feminist and I don’t need to prove anything.

You are aware that feminism is the radical notion that women are people?

Feminism is nothing more than a radical cult that going about dogma that women had lesser right than a man, well congrats now you can work and pay taxes, welcome to men's world hope you enjoying it. (me personally i'd love to take a housewife role and never go to work, that's just me though).
Yep don't have have offspring, hate men, be working force and consumer while you physically healthy then stop your existence, world is too overpopulated to have children, this way is better for planet...

In reality female in US have way more rights than men do, but they still saying they underprivileged, how much more you want, you obviously want... anyway more activism (lies) more funding for feminism, Capitalism rocks.

Feminism is nothing more than a radical cult that going about dogma that women had lesser right than a man, well congrats now you can work and pay taxes, welcome to men's world hope you enjoying it. (me personally i'd love to take a housewife role and never go to work, that's just me though).
Yep don't have have offspring, hate men, be working force and consumer while you physically healthy then stop your existence, world is too overpopulated to have children, this way is better for planet...

In reality female in US have way more rights than men do, but they still saying they underprivileged, how much more you want, you obviously want... anyway more activism (lies) more funding for feminism, Capitalism rocks.

All untrue, but you just go ahead and see how that works for you.

I was told of my autism when I was still a child and have known of it all my adult life. I'm now pushing 50. There have been times when I've got away with disguising it for a long time and wondered "did that Psychologist get it wrong?" but then the world brings me crashing down with a thump!
I am what I am (cue Gloria Gaynor!) and I can't help it. I can obey NT rules as long as I understand them and fit in as best as possible, but I am NOT neurotypical. I do not wish to be, but I do not resent those who are. I just want to live harmoniously with them as different examples of humanity, no more.

EDIT: Sorry OrdinaryCitizen, but with that last post I saw just after I posted this you've lost any sympathy you might have had with me. There are biological differences and psychological differences between men and women for sure, but your views come across as destructively mysogynistic. Please think hard about those views before you post again.

Last edited:
There's misandry (hate of men) everywhere in our society and anyone say word about women (without any hate mind you), is proclaimed mysogynistic (women hater).
Like anything said about jews labels person antisemitic right away so its no go zone, very convenient position, but no i will not abide to this illogical behaviors.

I have tons of facts to show all absurdity of of feminism and modern lifestyle where women try to be independent however its porbably against rules here.
But little by little i full my ignore list with radical feminists and women who support current state of affairs in society so keep exposing your hate to men more often and you will be alone just as you wish.

Listen mate, given that you have some preconceptions based on gender by the sound of things, don't you think that a woman who does a traditionally male job should be paid the same and afforded the same respect as a bloke in the same position?
Feminism is/was about achieving balance NOT dominance. Us men not being the dominant force in western society is not a threat, it's a redressing of a balance that's been skewed for centuries - feminism is about equality and if there's the odd man-hater in there it's the fault of our male ancestors and any modern idiot who doesn't understand the concept of equality and diversity.

Well little bit since i am not used to open myself in front of others esp NT who have no idea what its like to be me and last counselor i went to did not know anything about autism, in fact she probably thought i was normal just have PTSD. I dont want to see any psychiatrists because all they do is prescribe stuff i dont want to take any meds at this point.

I have book David D. Burns - Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy its CBT and its awesome, but i have stopped reading some where 1/3rd into it now its just collecting dust.

Yeah, you would have to go to many different therapists until you found one you clicked with. It's generally not a good method to see one, one who isn't even trained in what you're seeing them for, and then decide it's not for you. If you ever are interested, I would recommend doing some research to one that claims to have authority on autism, and then to see many before giving up.

So much of what you've written here is so jaded and off. I wouldn't even know where to begin.. I do know however, that it's pointless to try and change someone's mind if it's all made up. I feel glad that I'm not in your shoes.
I have been diagnosed twice and I think I'll trust a professional opinion over your generalizations any day though.

OK, now I'm lost here. Has this thread turned into a vehicle for you to spout your personal beliefs? It's straying from the original topic, it's rubbing people the wrong way and it's going nowhere quick.

If you don't care and wish to continue on with this, there are many other websites where you can rant to your heart's content and repeat what's already been said before with little or no consequence. I'd suggest taking it there instead.

This thread was an interesting read before it became a debate on gender politics.

I am not sure why you harbour such deep resentment for certain things or why you have such deep seated stereotypical views on how certain groups should behave or be like. As others have said, we're all different and we've all been made to feel that way all our lives no matter where we're from. I'm not sure we come here to have our fellow Aspies make us feel unwelcome too... Having ASD is not an excuse to be disrespectful, I think deep down you know this. Treat others as you would like to be treated too.

I understand girls don't care about science or reshaping the world into something better, them discussing day-to day stuff is expected, their life goals are different than guys, like make a family and offspring. I don't judge them, we are just different.
The first really crass thing that I've read on here. I used to be a bricklayer. I don't like kids. Does that cast your aspersions wide open!?

This seems a bit 'troll' like to me, post wise.

There is probably no need to get defensive - he doesn't know any of us personally, but looks at the average general whole - and as far as generilisations go, he is right. Women on average aren't as interested in science or 'reshaping' the world as much as men are. The same applies loosely to AS individuals, but there will be a higher proportion of people going outside of that generilised stereotype. But, I'd go to argue that there is an element of telling women they CAN'T do those things as well as men. For example:

My dad told me I CAN'T do Computer Science as I'd be laughed out of the profession when I originally wanted to do it. 10 years later I've gone and applied for the university course and am doing it. He is still questioning whether I am 'smart' enough. And this is after a BSc and an MA in Social Sciences already.

So in essence to say that most women don't care about science etc. is true - but we have to look deeper into how much of that mentality is a product of our upbringing and social expectations.

OA is, like I said, talking about the general, average whole - and we are bringing examples of the outliers, the ones who are more towards the outskirts of that bell curve. So I'd say let him have his opinion and agree to disagree. I don't think he means to hurt anyone's feelings in particular.

I have nothing else left, but to conclude either i am too different or that most active people in aspie communities are not actually autistic?

Sounds like you are trying to understand the differences. They are quite subtle but very pronounced. Aspies can be anything they choose to be, aspies can be popular, funny, the life of the party. But the aspie will always be apart, different, analytical. Aspies don't need people to validate them, but work off data and facts and are logical and "black and white". There is no difference in interests or social, but the aspie interest will be more intense, more focused and we will go farther and deeper than an NT. There is no difference in social but we will get drained faster, we don't thrive or get energy from social interactions.

Then why your interests are just same as non aspie, why definition say aspies are withdrawn and not social...
Perhaps they just cannot socialize, but they want to be as everyone else, this is why they socialize on the internet,

But deeper. When we have a special interest get obsessed with them. Casually scraping the surface is insufficient. We can hyperfocus for either long or intense periods of time and don't appreciate interruptions. We withdraw because we get drained. NTs thrive from social interactions and it energizes them. They need friends and as such are driven to encourage us to be more social because they often cannot understand (or don't try) that it's not how we work.

Guess its specific from person to person i am more computer geeky personality and i want to create something big, online or offline dos not matter i just want to be part of something big that helps humanity, and thought since my condition confirms to aspeger's then other people with it should be somewhat similar.

Aspies also have little patience for wasting time or doing something that is not goal oriented. We rarely just sit around and discuss pleasantaries or engage in small talk because this doesn't achieve anything or contribute to large scale problems.

Seriously? Did you mean this? I want to help you understand aspergers, but I have to say I find this highly offensive.

I am a girl, I am also a physicist and specialized in laser science and relativity. I do care very much about reshaping the world. You know nothing about my life goals but yet have put me into the "little wife destined to look pretty and make babies" category.

You say that you are not judging women but the very definition of judgement is "having or displaying an overly critical point of view". You've put out a public statement about women in general, which other people will read. That is most definitely not shaping the world into something better.

There is probably no need to get defensive - he doesn't know any of us personally, but looks at the average general whole - and as far as generilisations go, he is right. Women on average aren't as interested in science or 'reshaping' the world as much as men are.

The original question is valid, interesting and useful to a lot of aspies. How are we different socially and in our interests.

But this thread has taken a dark turn south which I don't expect from this forum.

I don't want to fuel an argument or bring squabbling to the forum, so I will just make one more point and back off.

I am a mentor for a city firm, helping women progress into senior positions, I studied as a scientist and work with schools (mostly primary) to explain to kids that it's okay for women to pursue careers in science.

I can tell you from actual experience (not just observing people around me) that girls are equally interested and capable in shaping the world and studying science, and there are plenty of examples of women who have done exactly this.

Conversely, men are equally interested and capable in humanities and having children and emotions.

There are many reasons why women don't push or ask for promotion and many reasons why they allow themselves to be "encouraged" into healthcare and teaching. But one of my "reshaping the world" life goals is to encourage equal opportunities for both men and women.

So please, I ask you politely to refrain from offensive comments that trivializes an entire gender and puts equality back 30 years.

New Threads

Top Bottom