• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

AspieCon? - Would you go?

Probably not. Or maybe.

I mean, I don't even go to blog conferences, and blogging is in my special interests... but also, the location and money and all that jazz would play a large part.

I have a fellow friend who's an Aspie... we don't really get along? I get along better with open-minded (and oftentimes gay male) neurotypicals.

I am always interested in learning, especially about myself. If I could afford to attend such a conference I would want to talk to a lot of Aspies and see how much I have in common with them. I really would like to find a compatible Aspie friend and share experiences and beliefs with them.

Since I visualize things instantly, I inmediately have this very funny picture in my head of stereotypical Aspies at a conference who are all completely out of their comfortzone. :D

Aspies at a conference be like:
tumblr_lk48v3Mwfe1qdunk8o1_500.gif

I think it would be nice if the UK, US, and Australia each had an Aspie Con. Certain food vendors would make a killing at such a convention. Also, I'm sure there quite a few musical artists, famous folks who have Asperger's. It might be difficult to deal with the social aspect, but maybe a convention center couod be split up into much smaller rooms to make people feel more comfortable. I know that would help me.

New Threads

Top Bottom