• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspie or NT? Marriage Poll

What type of person would you be happier marrying?

• An Aspie who understands your AS issues, but still struggles with his/her own.

• An NT who accepts your AS issues, but can help you navigate through the "normal" world.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I know that, just gotta find people willing to go along with it
Ah, The people are there, it's just secret. ; )

I am not one of the wife/husband sharing crowd though...... It would be more of a married thing, and it's just more of a wishful theory. Not really accepted by society, not ready to implement any plans. But did you hear the Wonder Woman thing on NPR the other day? it happens, even in the really OLD fashioned days ........

Last edited:
I'd rather have an NT who accepts me for who I am, and who can help me with my daily struggles. I think it's good for an Aspie to have an NT close to him (whether this is a parent/partner/friend) who can serve as a "translator". I have a boyfriend like that. He helps me when I can't handle things and explains social situations to me. That's something another Aspie might not be able to do. But then again, it all depends on the person.

I don't think I'm really experienced enough to answer this question, even for myself. At the moment, I want no relationship. But, from the little experience I have, I don't think it will matter too much if the person is on the spectrum or not. When you have met one aspie, you have met one aspie. The same goes for NTs.

So, marriage- wise, I'd like someone who loves me and who is always honest with me.

New Threads

Top Bottom