• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspie moment.

Wolfsage

In training to be Wolf King.
So I was putting up a buggy in the Walmart parking lot the other day. A woman on a cellphone was nearby. I asked if she needs the buggy. She hesitantly said sure and takes the buggy. The person I rode with said that she thought that woman thought I was flirting with her.:confused:

Welcome to the wonderful world of nonsensical assumed communication, where you can scratch your nose and some doofus near you will wonder if you just offered them a free trip to Disneyworld.

Always ridiculous.

Misread intentions, can happen between the sexes. l have chatted away with guys before, laughing and being goofy, and suddenly the employee seriously chased me around in an empty kitchen. l quit because the owner was also coming on to me. Then l realized better to be reserved so that men don't think l am coming onto them. Now being older is much easier for me.

Wow. Madness. That is like someone watching you sing a song while walking down the street and because of that, that means you like strawberry ice cream....ummmm, HUH?

Not an aspie moment. Even neurotypicals do that.

When we struggle with insecurity and smiling at the opposite sex, others will say: you are fliriting with that person or that person likes you and one thinks: but, I only smiled, isn't that better than a sour face?

There is this thing with opposite sexes.

I have a fun story similar to yours:

I was at a pizza place with a friend. I could not finish my pizza, I think it was because loud environments often spoil my appetite.
Anyways, as we ask the waiter to pay, he clears our table and starts loudly scolding me for not having finished my pizza, telling me to order the kids' size next time.
Afterwards, my friend said, "I can't even go have lunch with you without someone flirting with you."
I was dumbfounded. I felt attacked and humiliated by the guy. I thought, if that is what flirting is like, I don't want to know what relationships must be like.

In college,...there was a day when I was young and handsome,...:D...I remember sitting with a group of girls doing a drinking game one weekend. At any rate, the conversation got around to sex and I was like, "I've never had the chance." (Clueless, this was my Aspie honesty) I got so confused when four, beautiful girls looked at me and laughed. I just looked at them with a dumb look,...which made them laugh even harder. Had I known....:D.

Years later,...in the break room at work,...sitting around the lunch table with 5 other people. Sure enough the talk of marital sex was brought up,...and sure enough, my Aspie honesty got the best of me when I said, "I have NO idea when my wife wants sex,...but I do know when I am not going to get it." Again, 3-4 of the females just looked at me and laughed. "How could you not know?" I blamed my wife for not giving me any signals. (Not knowing I was autistic at the time). BTW,...35 years with the same woman,...still clueless.:D

Two examples that sort of stick in my mind, but now that I am thinking about it,...Lord,...there must have been hundreds, maybe thousands, of "clueless" moments in my life.

My friends: "did you know that guy was flirting with you?"

Me: "No. No I did not."

Every freaking time.

New Threads

Top Bottom