• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

aspie central app

would you prefer to login to this site as an app

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters

Emzical

hey, have many of you noticed the lack of social media apps available for Aspergers? There's plenty of messenger apps to meet people on but it's hard to distinguish neuro-diverse people on them hence the creation of this site. But I think it'd gain a larger following if it could be turned into an app... somebody make it happen :p

I recall having the Aspie Central app a while back, but it just stopped working.

I didn't really use the app, I mainly use a computer to access Aspie Central.

I couldn't figure out who to post. It seems like a read only app to me. But at the end of the day I'd prefer a physical keyboard at my finger tips to make long posts.

I couldn't figure out who to post. It seems like a read only app to me. But at the end of the day I'd prefer a physical keyboard at my finger tips to make long posts.
That's true! I do find apps easier than setting up my laptop each time I want to go on social media though. I also saw a post on here about someone having trouble opening this through a phone browser.

I am a web developer, and would be willing to help in any capacity. I've been working a responsive site recently so I am quite familiar with the mobile web experience.

I get a lot out of this site and I'd like to be able to give back

I dislike sites that make you download an app just to use it. I have enough apps on my phone. Facebook's messenger app was the last straw for facebook for me.

Most sites are taking the path of responsive, which means having the site change depending on the resolution of the screen displaying it.

For the most part this site handles smaller resolutions well

I mostly use it through my computer, much like savi83 - sometimes from my phone if I'm not home, but that's where the chatroom is unavailable. I don't plan on using an app - just like for YouTube; I don't use the app, I simply go to it on my browser. Don't want too many apps cluttering my phone.

I do like Messenger though, I definitely prefer it over the default texting app - though it has been leading to a bunch "people ignoring me" anxieties in me through something as little as a symbol. It always shows read receipts, so if someone didn't respond to my message I can always tell by the mini profile pic symbol as soon as I launch it. Let's not forget an even worse trigger - seeing evidence of them having been on Facebook, yet seeing my message still marked as "delivered" with the solid checkmark symbol. I end up inquiring as to why and that just makes things awkward - but I just have to make sure that if the person is a friend that they're not ignoring me, not PASSIVELY being mad at me, and did not cut me off out of the blue.

I mostly use it through my computer, much like savi83 - sometimes from my phone if I'm not home, but that's where the chatroom is unavailable. I don't plan on using an app - just like for YouTube; I don't use the app, I simply go to it on my browser. Don't want too many apps cluttering my phone.

I do like Messenger though, I definitely prefer it over the default texting app - though it has been leading to a bunch "people ignoring me" anxieties in me through something as little as a symbol. It always shows read receipts, so if someone didn't respond to my message I can always tell by the mini profile pic symbol as soon as I launch it. Let's not forget an even worse trigger - seeing evidence of them having been on Facebook, yet seeing my message still marked as "delivered" with the solid checkmark symbol. I end up inquiring as to why and that just makes things awkward - but I just have to make sure that if the person is a friend that they're not ignoring me, not PASSIVELY being mad at me, and did not cut me off out of the blue.
On my Android phone,if I use my browser,on the upper left hand side of the screen,there is a three bar drop down menu that has the chat room option on it that lets me use the chat on my phone. You have to be signed in as a member in order to use it.

I always ignore people on FB, I just can't help it, often I don't know what to say and the hey what's up, not much, hey what's up, not much, just gets overly redundant and I don't like talking about myself or what's going on in my life because it's usually bad and depressing. Then one day I'll get in the mood to talk to someone and go through and send out messages to several different people and maybe one will respond. It's just one of those things. Try not to take it too personally people not replying to you on FB. :( People do it to me all the time too, it's just kind of whatever, i don't know what to say, don't have anything interesting to bring up, I'm busy/depressed/sad/etc, blah, I think. <3

I always ignore people on FB, I just can't help it, often I don't know what to say and the hey what's up, not much, hey what's up, not much, just gets overly redundant and I don't like talking about myself or what's going on in my life because it's usually bad and depressing. Then one day I'll get in the mood to talk to someone and go through and send out messages to several different people and maybe one will respond. It's just one of those things. Try not to take it too personally people not replying to you on FB. :( People do it to me all the time too, it's just kind of whatever, i don't know what to say, don't have anything interesting to bring up, I'm busy/depressed/sad/etc, blah, I think. <3

I used to make such a huge deal out of Facebook. I used to confront everyone who suddenly removed me, because for some reason I considered all those people my (actual) friends. Those people happened to be my college classmates, and I have finally learned why they removed me. Did I ever happen to notice that they might not have considered me a friend in return? Some even blocked me and that included a dude who hardly even spoke to me. He must have heard about me or observed me and thought I was trouble. It's just so depressing to think about college and about how I could have done better. Much, much better. It just shattered my self-esteem to smithereens and to this day I wallow in self-hatred and self-misery half the time.

For the record, the way I used Facebook at first - I joined it later than many of my peers but I started posting around 20 statuses a day because I wanted to share aspects of my life with my "friends". I really did consider each and every one of them friends, or potential friends. Boy was I wrong. I'm much more lax on Facebook now; I text my current friends via Messenger a lot but I hardly post anything. I must have grown out of it quickly due to how fast-paced my usage of it was.

My current friends - now they make me happy and always seem happy to talk to me in person. Yet if they don't respond on Facebook I still worry. Some people tell me that certain folks might not be "texters" but they love talking to their friends in person. I'm gonna try to believe that, I guess. I'm also very clingy to these friends because they're rare jewels for someone like myself, and I don't ever, ever want to push them away from me. I don't ever ever want history to repeat itself. I used to binge-text them every day; I still text them a lot but I've toned it down because I figured out, after months, that they'd prefer...well, less texting from me. o_O

I used to make such a huge deal out of Facebook. I used to confront everyone who suddenly removed me, because for some reason I considered all those people my (actual) friends. Those people happened to be my college classmates, and I have finally learned why they removed me. Did I ever happen to notice that they might not have considered me a friend in return? Some even blocked me and that included a dude who hardly even spoke to me. He must have heard about me or observed me and thought I was trouble. It's just so depressing to think about college and about how I could have done better. Much, much better. It just shattered my self-esteem to smithereens and to this day I wallow in self-hatred and self-misery half the time.

For the record, the way I used Facebook at first - I joined it later than many of my peers but I started posting around 20 statuses a day because I wanted to share aspects of my life with my "friends". I really did consider each and every one of them friends, or potential friends. Boy was I wrong. I'm much more lax on Facebook now; I text my current friends via Messenger a lot but I hardly post anything. I must have grown out of it quickly due to how fast-paced my usage of it was.

My current friends - now they make me happy and always seem happy to talk to me in person. Yet if they don't respond on Facebook I still worry. Some people tell me that certain folks might not be "texters" but they love talking to their friends in person. I'm gonna try to believe that, I guess. I'm also very clingy to these friends because they're rare jewels for someone like myself, and I don't ever, ever want to push them away from me. I don't ever ever want history to repeat itself. I used to binge-text them every day; I still text them a lot but I've toned it down because I figured out, after months, that they'd prefer...well, less texting from me. o_O

I've had facebook remove people off my friends list for me, then they've come to me asking why I removed them and I'm like, "I have no idea what you're talking about... o_O" Idk if it glitches, bugs or what, I pretty much just avoid it in entirety now, it just seems to be more trouble than it's worth for sure.

I would defo like an app, there are plenty of app makers around. Is this website mobile-friendly? Because you could view it from your phone/ipod/tablet using your web browser or make an app with even more features! Just sayin!

Hey,what's up?

New Threads

Top Bottom