• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ask the person below you a question

Yes, I have all sorts of worthless old “junk” that I just like aesthetically :)
Opposite me on the wall right now is the shuttle from an old wool-weaving frame: still has the internal iron needle and fluffy brush.

Same q

Aye, between me and my wife (archaeologist) we have a deep appreciation for them. I also love visiting very old locations or buildings, it gives me a calm feeling and perspective on how ephemeral my existence and problems are.

What place you visited or lived in did you enjoy the most?

My grandfather's lakeside property with boats, a boathouse, and horses.

I wish I appreciated it more at the time. :(

same question

Not sure. I have never tried it. But probably not.

Are you interested in astronomy? (not to be confused with astrology).

Allegedly Libra, but it was actually Virgo. (The astrological system doesn’t even match the actual movements of astronomical phenomena.)

Same q

It would appear so, I’ve drastically reduced my news intake and focused on enjoying my art, music and books. (Was heavily affected by the financial crash of ‘08 and its media coverage, and chose not to risk a repeat)

Same q

I'm probably currently doing better mentally than I have been in a long time, so I'd say yes.

What are one of your passions in life (a hobby, something you feel strongly about, etc.)?

Staying alive until I know my daughter is an adult and able to take care of herself. Living independently, and with a good job. Hopefully married with children. I am a single mother and a cancer patient, so this is vital.

Have you managed to go out and do something fun during quarantine?

Yes - going out to the woods, river and beach.

What is something you want to do but keep putting off?

Getting a motel room at the beach. It'll be really expensive, and every time I have extra money I end up budgeting it for household expenses. I really really want to see the ocean though.

If you could live anywhere in the USA, where would it be?

Yes both kinds! Watching fish in aquariums and in the ocean. And I like eating seafood!

Parrots or Parakeets?

New Threads

Top Bottom