• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ask MetaFilter

. . .

V.I.P Member
askmefi.png

I recommend Ask MetaFilter which is 100x better than Yahoo Answers, AnswerBag and any other question site I've used. I use MetaFilter almost entirely for the Ask MetaFilter portion of the site.

The main reason I like it is because:

. It's virtually spam-free (a $5 signup fee is pretty much fully responsible for this)
. It has an intelligent user-base
. It's minimalistic
. You tend to get way more responses to your questions than you do on competing sites (it's not rare to get 50 or more responses to your questions)

I've been a fan of the site for a long time now. The only drawback is that you can only ask a single question per week. However, you could ask more than one question a week if you were to sign up for multiple accounts, but I'm not sure if you'd get in trouble if you'd get caught. You probably would, but if you choose to do this, maybe space out your registrations; don't sign up for multiple accounts all at once. You can actually ask more than one question in the span of one week if you wish to, but you have to PM a staff member of the site if you want to do this. But I'm sure staff would eventually get annoyed with you if you were to PM them constantly asking them to allow you to post extra questions.

Anyway, I decided I'd create this topic since I always have people telling me that they asked a question on Yahoo Answers which, IMO, is an awful site to ask questions on. Let's put it this way: The users there aren't very bright. The $5 fee to get into MetaFilter may be a turn-off for some people, but honestly - it's brilliant that the owner of that site made it this way. The majority of trolls and spammers would never bother paying money to troll and/or spam a site.

Would this sight accept 'Amazon Gift Card Credit? I do not use regular 'credit cards' and if making a perchase on line this is usually through 'Amazon' I have tryid the google site for some pretty technical botanical questions and I either recieve no results,or I recieve the basic information that I've already known.Five dollars is a very good price for detailed answers to questiones such as this so if you know of a payment plan that is not regular credit cards, please let me know.

New Threads

Top Bottom