• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ask A Stupid Question...

That depends on how long the sandwich has been sitting there.
There may be ham in it or there may not, depending on who has
noticed, and the weather. The weather is a large factor.

Do I really need to sign on the dotted line?

EDIT: Darn, I got out-posted, need to change my answer :imp:

Nothing.

What should I do tomorrow?

How do you create a new thread/discussion on the iPhone app? Or the mobile site?
I'm guessing that was intended as a serious question, not a 'stupid' one. But it looks like you found the answer shortly afterwards. If you still need help, let us know, and I'll try to step you through it.

I have had a lot of trouble trying to make questions in this game
because of the word "stupid." Almost no question, to me, seems
to warrant the rating of 'stupid.'

stupid

A stupid person doesn’t have much intelligence or imagination, and they go through life making decisions that seem to lack all common sense. If you’ve got a brain but you don’t use it, you might be a bit stupid.

The word comes from a Latin adjective that means “amazed or stunned,” and stupid people are stunned by everything because their minds are numb. You can make a stupid mistake when you’re not thinking, and you can call someone stupid if you’re feeling cruel, like “Hey, Stupid.” Zombies are stupid because their brains are dead. If that makes sense to you, then you’re not stupid, and you’re also not a zombie. Well done!

Definitions of the word 'stupid' :
1. lacking or marked by lack of intellectual acuity
2. lacking intelligence
3. in a state of mental numbness especially as resulting from shock
4. a person who is not very bright

http://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/stupid

Hmmm...was the question to define the word 'stupid' or
was the idea to state what entity possesses the quality
of stupidness/stupidity? That's not my stupid question
.:)

Cross thread reference--I like zurb's comment regarding the word "stupid."
"There can be some overlap in meaning between stupid and silly, but I guess are quite different if you're thinking 'ignorant' vs 'goofy'."

I can think 'ignorant.':p
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was answering the question from Post #66 a silly thing to do?

I'm guessing that was intended as a serious question, not a 'stupid' one. But it looks like you found the answer shortly afterwards. If you still need help, let us know, and I'll try to step you through it.
Yeahh, I managed to find it :) I just felt pretty stupid asking it so I posted it here haha.

Bee's knees are the pinnacle of perfection,
as far as anatomy goes. They never hurt or
break or cause any harm. That's because
bee's knees don't exist.

When was yesterday?

No, that can't be true.
I saw daffodils in the "Post Your Photography!" thread.

Is anybody going to tell me how to make strike-throughs?

Use s inside square brackets. There's a list of bb codes online, though I don't know if they all work on AC. Strikethrough doesn't work on the iphone app, but it does in a browser.

Did Ms GoogleIt really need to ask?

No, that was Leopardy! All the stupid questions were about big cats and little teapots.

What do you 'put your left foot in'to?

I generally want to put my left foot into a bucket
of nicely melted cheese, if possible.

Does 13 come after 14 or is it the other way around?

It depends on whether or not you're reading upside down, or if you're preparing to launch.

If I ask in intelligent question, but while I'm doing so cross my eyes, stick out my tongue and bounce on a pogo stick, does it become a stupid question?

If you have the co-ordination required to bounce on a pogo stick
while crossing your eyes and to stick out your tongue and not
bite it while you are boinging around on the pogo stick, you are
to be applauded.
It seems to me there would be no change in the quality of your question,
only a need to evaluate why it was necessary to put on the pogo stick
display to bring attention toward your question.

Why doesn't that broken tree fall up?

Because it would get vertigo and immediately fall down again. Trees, especially during the winter months, become light-headed very easily.

Do the rings of Saturn feel embarrassment?

Yes, because it turned out that being married to Jupiter wasn't all that it was cracked up to be.

Why does my company pay us so early?

New Threads

Top Bottom