• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

As a 41 year old Aspie, should I apply to Take Me Out on ITV?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

Finally figured out how to download the application form and plan to fill it in at some point, is it worth bothering though? Would I get picked for a date with my age and lack of employment?

Answers on a postcard please! :D

I wouldn't, but I'm extremely camera-shy.

They might be interested in a situation like yours once, so not if it's been done already. And even then, they would be likely to want someone younger, depending on who they want to sell products to.

It's your call Rich.

I personally wouldn't be able to handle it. Far too much going on in the studio and the audience, lights, noise and chaos.

If you have no issue with being scrutinized and laughed at and just being in the public eye in a BIG WAY, then why not go for it?

You just need to be even more disabled than you already are and weird, so that they will accept you, because that is the way tv works; the crazier one is, the better viewing. Which, ironically if you are not accepted, hey that makes you virtually normal lol

Do what you (symbols that indicated fake swearing) want. Why do you need strangers' opinions?

That's the whole point of a forum, to ask for opinions from strangers.

Also, would you mind NOT using bad words on my topic?!

If you have no issue with being scrutinized and laughed at and just being in the public eye in a BIG WAY, then why not go for it?

You just need to be even more disabled than you already are and weird, so that they will accept you, because that is the way tv works; the crazier one is, the better viewing. Which, ironically if you are not accepted, hey that makes you virtually normal lol

Define "normal"?! Sorry but this winds me up immensely, contrary to the opinion of clueless morons, us Aspies are just as "normal" as everybody else IMO.

Why not? If you're ok with the attention (much of which may well be negative) and with being laughed at by the general public, go for it! Chances are you won't get selected, but you don't lose anything but a bit of time.

New Threads

Top Bottom