• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are you terrible at returning replies?

SimplyWandering

Whether it be phone calls , texts or responses on websites i seem to either return replies extremely late or never. Part of my job is return phone messages about positions within my company and usually i get so many job requests at one time, i get overwhelmed and don't message any for weeks. What could I do to not be stresses by this and to return messages? Or am I destined to always feel like this. I usually apologize ahead of time and let people know that this might happen...

I try to do it straight away, too - I have a certain, set time incooperated into my daily routine for answering emails. Once it's done, I know I don't need to worry about it for the rest of the day.

I hate taking calls unless I know who is calling and they tell me in advance so that I am prepared.

Text messages and such are all depending on urgency and how I feel. Sometimes I will simply avoid opening an e-mail until I know I have the energy to reply. That way it will stay there as a notification that will keep reminding me that it exists.

Don’t use my phone to call or text.

I’m not aware I have emails or messages until I sign in to purposely look (which will be in my own sweet time)

I will reply if I can remember the question.

No question, just information, I will guess no reply is needed.

Unless I like someone and we’re discussing a similar interest, topic, subject and there’s learning involved.

If someone rings up on the mobile, and I miss their call, I'll always ring them straight back, same if someone texts me I'll text them straight back.

Some of my contacts are a bit annoying for that though, they don't respond to messages at all most of the time, such as my care Manager, and my Taekwondo instructor, don't get me wrong he's a top bloke, but his admin skills are shocking, he desperately needs a Secretary/PA for his Business.

New Threads

Top Bottom