• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are you afraid of NT's?

Maybe you could write more in each thread not just like 2 words?

Like why are you?

I dont know if i am as I am afraid of people i general and how can you be there to judge is by looking if that person is NT or not ??

Do you fear people once you know their NT ? Or do you mean you fear humans that you dont know have autism of some kind ??

-_-

I have absolutely no fear of NT's, some of my friends are.
Can I ask, why are you scared of NT's and what about them seems to scare you?

I'm afraid of them because they're different than me.

But is this of everyone? Because surely you cant tell who is a NT and who isnt just buy looks always. Everyones different no 2 people are alike. So why are you not scared of people with autism and other brain problems because just cause they dont have aspergers means they are NT, So you are not scared of peopel with other brain problems even though they are also different??

Them being different from me.
Technically, every individual is different regardless if we are aspies or not.
We get really nice people and we might get nasty people in the world.
So the chances are that we wouldn't hardly meet a person who is exactly the same as you or anybody else, it's just practically impossible to happen.

Like superboyian said; If you are afraid of "normal" people because of them being different than you, then you should be afraid of us too because even tho we have Asperger as well we are still different individuals. Are you afraid of your parents and close friends? If you are, then you need some help.

But I can understand that fear of unknown. That`s our humans nature. We humans tend to fear mainly three things: Unknown, dark and God/gods.

I don`t fear normal people. I just don`t have any reason to. But I`m always careful with new people; I don`t trust anyone just like that. I try to read those people and see if they are being honest or not. If I notice they are dishonest I don`t trust them. But I`m not afraid.

No, only NT's.

But your not making sense at all. How can you tell everyone who is NT or not? Or you fearing them by choice? Since you can only know if they are NT by asking them or seeing them for a while and figuring out if they are because you cant tell by looking at them, and everyone is different so not just NT's are different. I think you are just not thinking right about it and just judging people to be scary because you dont know them and you just sticking the NT label on anyone you see or meet who you dont know for sure has any mental condition or problems.

I dislike most people and act anxious around them but I'm not scared of them causing me harm or whatever.
People actually think I'm too naieve around people. I take my laptop to town a lot and go down allies etc.
I think it's because physical pain doesn't do that much to me anymore, I think, and having got into fights with people before I know there's really not all that much to worry about.
I don't like people as a whole, but I don't really dislike NT people more than I do with AS people. There's not that many people I know with AS who I like and not that many who are NT who I like.
EMZ=P

I know this is self-contradictory, but I can't help it: I hate them for condoning hate and evn encouraging it... actually, they WANT us to hate and are absolutely scandalised when you say your friend that killed a person is still your friend.

I'm afraid of dentists. And a little bit afraid of clowns. Really short people scare me a bit too. But, generally speaking, I'm not afraid of NTs.

Taxi drivers I'm genuinely scared of. I was when I was younger anyway. Not so much now but I still would rather walk like 7 miles or w.e than get in a taxi, or take the bus.
EMZ=]

I wouldn't say i'm afraid of NT's. Like all Aspies, I wouldn't feel entirely comfortable around them but I'm not afraid of them.

I am scared of people I see on the street...I become even more clumsy and I flinch when they come past. If there's lots of people I'll shut my left eye, I won't realise I'm doing it, it's just a thing I have...I probably look quite normal up to that point! If there's someone walking next to me it becomes much much easier.

This week has definately been interesting- meeting 180 new people at sixth form. Ha. Actually I have met some Lovely people. But when someone says hi to you in the corridor, simple things, I always mess it up...by sounding cold or distant or whatever...oh well! Takes time to get used to new people.

This week has definately been interesting- meeting 180 new people at sixth form. Ha. Actually I have met some Lovely people. But when someone says hi to you in the corridor, simple things, I always mess it up...by sounding cold or distant or whatever...oh well! Takes time to get used to new people.

Same here and I didn't know your a college student as I'm also one, you just had me interested then. :D

Of course it takes time to meet new people, it took me a good while to find one who I seem to have alot in common with.

New Threads

Top Bottom