• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are you addicted to the internet?

Droopy

Founder & Former Admin
V.I.P Member
I seem to spend nearly all day on it. If I'm not on the internet then I'm most likely in bed sleeping. Today, I have done nothing but sit on the computer, browsing the internet and working on the forums.

Anyone else a computer/internet addict?

yes. very much so. I keep on collecting information. If it weren't for my partner i'd be online 24/7 reading politics, science, history, what have you.

I was about to claim that I am not addicted to the internet because i don't go on websites all day. But then when thinking about it... I spend all the other time listening to music on youtube and playing online games. Which as you know, are both the internets.

Yes. I am obsessed with it. I'm on the internet allllll the time pretty much. And I'm always on about it IRL, like what's going in forums or a funny ED article I've read or whatever.

Yes. I am obsessed with it. I'm on the internet allllll the time pretty much. And I'm always on about it IRL, like what's going in forums or a funny ED article I've read or whatever.

Well welcome to my club.... :H (otherwise, I wouldn't of thought gotten Calvert to create this site).

I think it's amazing the amount of time I can spend on the computer or internet and not actually achieve anything.

I sometimes wonder how I put in the time.

I think it's amazing the amount of time I can spend on the computer or internet and not actually achieve anything.

I sometimes wonder how I put in the time.

Some people actually do manage to achieve something on the internet, like a lot of YouTube celebrities like Shane Dawson, Ray William Johnson (which he could possibly be hacking) and Tay Zonday got fame just for making youtube videos.

At a certain amount of views and subscribers, you could possibly choose if you want to link it to your bank account and you could get paid for it and all the success out of it.

Many other people like the guy who invented facebook became famous for it and became successful.

So technically, it depends what happens in life?

Yes. I have the internet addiction as well. Every time I turn on the computer just to check my email or read the news I soon find myself looking YouTube videos, playing games and reading manga.

I was planning to make an own thread for this but since this is a perfect topic for this I write it here:
I remember when my internet connection was`t working for about over six months a long time ago. It was like torturing at first since, for me, having a computer without internet connection is like not having computer at all. But I got used to it pretty quickly and then finally I started to think "Hey! This is actually kinda nice. I should do this more often." I had more time to read books, go out, jog and check out good looking girls with light clothing on the beach and in the park and so on. And then when the internet connection started to work again the downhill began.

I want to experience that feeling again so I decided to not to turn on the computer for one week starting on next Monday (June. 21th). And I challenge you do the same! If you think you are spending too much time at computer then one week break from your computer may be good for ya. Do you have the balls to try? Really, I recommend it.

Yes. I have the internet addiction as well. Every time I turn on the computer just to check my email or read the news I soon find myself looking YouTube videos, playing games and reading manga.

I was planning to make an own thread for this but since this is a perfect topic for this I write it here:
I remember when my internet connection was`t working for about over six months a long time ago. It was like torturing at first since, for me, having a computer without internet connection is like not having computer at all. But I got used to it pretty quickly and then finally I started to think "Hey! This is actually kinda nice. I should do this more often." I had more time to read books, go out, jog and check out good looking girls with light clothing on the beach and in the park and so on. And then when the internet connection started to work again the downhill began.

I want to experience that feeling again so I decided to not to turn on the computer for one week starting on next Monday (June. 21th). And I challenge you do the same! If you think you are spending too much time at computer then one week break from your computer may be good for ya. Do you have the balls to try? Really, I recommend it.

I've had the internet been taken form me for three weeks, it was hell, but eventually, I enjoyed it and played videogames, watched movies, listened to music, read books, took walks in the forest etc.

It was much easier when I was a kid though, since my parents didn't HAVE internet then, so I sticked to videogames, movies and music, I didn't really come ou tof my closet as an "internet virgin" before I was 12 or so, when I started searching FAQs for videogames.

Anyone else a computer/internet addict?

Yes I am. I spend a lot of my time on the web. I try my best to socialize offline, but I can't live a day without the internet anymore. I mean maybe a day, but no more than three days. Then the withdraws start to kick then. >_<;

The longest I've gone without using the computer was 2 weeks (it went in for repairs). On the bright side, I got to watch a lot of movies I would have otherwise neglected in favor of the Internet. On the downside, I had a lot of meltdowns. The internet soothes me and helps me relax when I'm tense, so that's why I kinda need to be on it every day, or I'll start getting really edgy.

Yes i am addicted to the internet and I have been since the age of around eleven years old and I am twenty now.

I had AOL, I can't remember how fast it was - probably a snail's pace compared to what we have now!

Definitely, but it's just, everything I like to do is on the internet! Even books! When I think back to when I didn't have internet... What I would do was read, fiction but also stuff I was interested in (and that's much easier to read on the internet now), um.. draw and make stuff, well yeah I still do that but on pc too.. and play outside and with friends I guess. But ehh I'm a little too old to play outside and climb trees, and most of my friends are on the internet, my only good rl friend doesn't live near me. And later I got interested in languages.. easier to do that on the internet too.

I wondered who had the fastest dial-up connection back in the days?

I did! lol I had two phone lines, so that is why I had the fastest connection. XD! But we got rid of the second phone and then the internet. :cry:

It came back though when I was in 7th grade. :D! That is when I started getting super addicted. ^_^;

New Threads

Top Bottom