• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are there different levels of Asperger Syndrome and High-Functioning Autism?

thats pretty much it

Soooo.....you hate that women are so shallow and are only interested in men who have money, status, etc etc

and yet you yourself are only interested in something shallow...a woman's looks, do you not see how hypocritical that is?

It sounds to me like you've been trying to get someone beyond your level. It's sad but true that there are varying levels in the dating world, attractive men and women usually only date someone who is as equally attractive as themselves...the shallow ones anyway. It's not often you'll get some 'hot' model type dating someone who would be considered by society as unattractive...that kind of thing usually only happens in movies. People who are not shallow like that don't really care about looks, sure there has to be some basic physical attraction but it's the person's personality that makes them 'hot'.

If your not trolling, then it would seem that your standards are far too high, you won't consider dating any girl who isn't 'hot' why not?. Lets use some examples again you have Girl A she is 'hot' she could be a model an actress, every man she walks past stops and stares, she has an incredible body...BUT she is selfish, arrogant, complains all the time and has absolutely nothing in common with you. Then there is Girl B she's a bit plain, a little chubby but is soooo funny, is a generous kind caring person who loves the same things you do. Which one would you want as a girlfriend?

I and many others would disagree with you on both points, good luck with finding the right girl.

you saying that you are disagreeing about it being rare for a girl to initiate things? well yes there are girls that initiate, but majority of the time it is the guy

I don't think she said that

I agree with Cheetoe80. I think you're missing the point of what she is saying. Which I also happen to agree with. I wish you a lot of luck in finding the right person. But as it stands right now this thread doesn't seem to be helping.

My opinion is that you can't live life by only wanting a girlfriend. Here's my heirarchy:

Working
Working on the Firebird
Working on the Truck
College
Dating

My opinion is that you can't live life by only wanting a girlfriend. Here's my heirarchy:

Working
Working on the Firebird
Working on the Truck
College
Dating

That's true... though having a girlfriend or dating even can at least improve motivation for any other activities.

Also, what's important is that if you're passionate about certain things AND you're dating, make sure your significant other understands that, especially with asperger's... because obsessions can go rather deep, lol.

it's like it's okay for a girl to need or want a boyfriend for validation, to feel better about herself, to complete herself and complete her life, but it's not okay for a guy. Girls are allowed to make getting a boyfriend their number 1 priority but guys are not for getting a girlfriend, and i hate how people say it is never too late to get a girlfriend, relationship, etc., Because I want to experience young love, while i'm in the prime of my life, seriously it's not fair at all!!!

New Threads

Top Bottom