• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are sports fans interesting?

Bgy7278

So I was sitting at the normally quiet bar in Denny’s earlier tonight having dinner with my wife and I found myself fascinated with the sports fans watching the football game on tv. And then I thought it was interesting that I would rather watch people watch a game than to watch the game myself. I have never had any interest at all in sports, but I do like sports movies....weird. Anyway I was wondering is anyone else feels the same way.

Some sports fans not soccer

The soccer fans that I have seen in the UK and other countries, act like it is a life or death situation. Team loyalty and love of the game should only go so far, certainly not into rioting where people die. I am a big time American football fan and experience a lot of disappointment when my team loses, but soccer fans take it way to far.

What comes to mind is that sports is my NT brother's special interest. In other words, it's ok to discuss his special interests, but in the eyes of my brother and my cousin I'm literally not allowed to discuss any of mine. :(

I like to discuss the overall outcome of football games and a team's future, while my brother instantly delves into the minutia of strategy and details regarding the players' attributes and the owners intentions. Puts me to sleep at times TBH.

So I was sitting at the normally quiet bar in Denny’s earlier tonight having dinner with my wife and I found myself fascinated with the sports fans watching the football game on tv. And then I thought it was interesting that I would rather watch people watch a game then to watch the game myself. I have never had any interest at all in sports, but I do like sports movies....weird. Anyway I was wondering is anyone else feels the same way.

I've always been a sports fan, particularly football (soccer), but I only watch games on tv and on my own usually. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near ultras and hearing and seeing how some fans behave on youtube I'm glad I don't watch the game live at the stadium.

But if you enjoy watching fans instead of the game, watch Arsenal Fan TV.

I don't get the over-the-top celebrations, just cannot see what is so exciting about scoring a goal. Even if I liked football I would never be able to attend a live match as there is far too much noise and people.

What I don't understand about people who enjoy watching
other people move some object through space toward a goal
is the cursing and vulgarity they find appropriate to the event.

The so-called "trash talking." :confused:

So I was sitting at the normally quiet bar in Denny’s earlier tonight having dinner with my wife and I found myself fascinated with the sports fans watching the football game on tv. And then I thought it was interesting that I would rather watch people watch a game than to watch the game myself. I have never had any interest at all in sports, but I do like sports movies....weird. Anyway I was wondering is anyone else feels the same way.
I'm like an amateur anthropologist in general - so many people interest me, even if I'm not the type to interest them :)

What I don't understand about people who enjoy watching
other people move some object through space toward a goal
is the cursing and vulgarity they find appropriate to the event.

The so-called "trash talking." :confused:

These people are like that all the time. But at a sporting event they're allowed to do it loudly.

A round ball. A bouncy ball.

Remember the first time discovering 'bounce'?
How good was that?

I guess some people don't get over it and get lost in different variations of bounce

I like some esports and other competitions. Never understood the craze of American football or other traditional sports (people are willing to accept serious injuries just to play at an amateur level) and obsession over teams. Yet when I tell the same person that is knowledgeable about sports minutia and player stats from every year they have lived about general concepts in an esport, such at recoil patterns and buying strategy in Counter Strike, their eyes glaze over and they say I'm th one obsessed.

Sports fan certainly does not come naturally. Once in a great while I might become interested episodically, like an olympics or specific world series.

New Threads

Top Bottom