• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Bible and other books in Dyslexia-friendly Font

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
I am dyslexic.

I love reading, but it can be very difficult to read a page in standard fonts. It is easiest in comic-sans style fonts.

Last year, my daughter bought me a dyslexia font bible.

It's only the new testament, but wow it's so easy to read. The words just jump off the page for me.

If you are dyslexic, or have adhd or autism, you should check this out. Look at the script it's written in. Maybe it'll be easier for you to read too.

Many books and ebooks can be found in dyslexic font. See for yourself how this font is for you, and maybe order books online in that font, if they are easier to read.

1718180936112.png

1718180911202.png

1718180975126.png

1718184629406.png

Last edited:
Great subject. I too have a most definite preference of Sans-Serif fonts.

So much so that in programs that specify a preferred Serif font, I always try to designate a Sans-Serif font instead. The simpler the style, the better. -Ultimately easier to read.

Having migrated to Linux, I very much prefer the "Ubuntu" font. :cool:

My bad. ;)

Last edited:
The US courts require all legal pleadings and briefs to be typed in Times New Roman size 12 font. I think I read that the best after 35 years of practicing law.

My little brother is dyslexic, and I think he would have benefited from a friendly font and font size when he was growing up. He had perfect vision but I remember my mother making him wear pink-tinted eyeglasses do his homework in elementary school. I guess there was some theory back in those days that it would help with dyslexia. He's an engineer, great with math, and hates to read to this day.

Thanks so much for that info!
My partner's dyslexic and never reads because of it, which we both find a shame. I will suggest him to try reading books in dyslexia-fonts. I didn't even know something like that existed.

Thanks so much for that info!
My partner's dyslexic and never reads because of it, which we both find a shame. I will suggest him to try reading books in dyslexia-fonts. I didn't even know something like that existed.
If you get a dyslexia app you can change the screen colour to light green apparently good for dyslexia buy green foolscap(lined paper)paper for writing on

Thank you for posting this. Most of my posts go through several edits, thank goodness for Word for me. I sometimes wonder I could be dyslexic as well. I guess at this point in my life they wouldn't look into it seriously for me if I even wanted to as well. I have a habit of dropping words, it can be frustrating.
I will look into this more.

New Threads

Top Bottom