• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are Most Aspie Females Taken?

Status
Not open for further replies.
dating aspie girls are like dating robots to me. its really not funny but its the way it is. this whole society of meeting people is pathetic. plus there is discrimination in mental illness. i am truly discriminated from the girls i meet its really shameful i have been called names due to the female side of things. but really its there fault of what happens.
I'm curious...how many Aspie females have you dated? Because my experience (not dating, simply friendship) has been completely the opposite.

I'm curious...how many Aspie females have you dated? Because my experience (not dating, simply friendship) has been completely the opposite.
actually i have not even dated a single aspie girl only neurotypicals. most of the females i have not encountered. there was one crush in school i had, her name was emily. but she struck me down and told me to back off. its really retarded. i have seen some autistic girls in a new transitions program. but i got tired of eating pizza with all the autistic people. so i was not even able to date them. there was one woman that was my best friend but i called her a liar. i think she is in naperville. screwed up society we have.

actually i have not even dated a single aspie girl only neurotypicals. most of the females i have not encountered. there was one crush in school i had, her name was emily. but she struck me down and told me to back off. its really retarded. i have seen some autistic girls in a new transitions program. but i got tired of eating pizza with all the autistic people. so i was not even able to date them. there was one woman that was my best friend but i called her a liar. i think she is in naperville. screwed up society we have.
Okay, if you haven't dated any aspie girls then why don't you back those insults up a bit, huh. They are not robots and you can't complain about being discriminated against when you go around discriminating and insulting others. Normally I try to deal with bad attitudes a little more subtle, but you've got quite a nasty one.

Everything you have said has been extremely negative. I clearly have more dating experience than you and can say that you are having these problems because you see people, both NT and ASD, as lowly creatures. Look at your posts! Of course no one is going to be your own personal Disney princess! You are mean!

I will defend aspie women! They are not robots. Though a snobby boy may think that in ignorance. Aspie women are special and usually very kind. Sure they have problems but you clearly aren't a ray of sunshine yourself. So why don't you back up those insults there bub and take a look around. The only robot here is the one insulting the rest of us people.

This post is so offensive it's hard to know where to start. Yet it's so poorly written and ignorant I'm not sure if it's worth the effort; hmmmm... With your attitude I'm betting you're single AND that there's a good chance you'll stay that way.

Hmm, happy to be an alien, less happy to be a robot...or a stereotype.

Thank you churchtheartist for being such a gent, behaviour some should perhaps try to emulate...

Joining in this conversation super late and not going to comment on all the drama...

But... I'm not taken! I find it super easy to find a guy who thinks I'm cute but not so easy to maintain a relationship. Just haven't met the right person yet, I suppose. But to that, I say.. Do things you love and always talk to strangers. You never know who you might meet :)

Joining in this conversation super late and not going to comment on all the drama...

But... I'm not taken! I find it super easy to find a guy who thinks I'm cute but not so easy to maintain a relationship. Just haven't met the right person yet, I suppose. But to that, I say.. Do things you love and always talk to strangers. You never know who you might meet :)
There's the right attitude! Bring this thread back around to positive!
^_^

As much as I would love to have a slice of life and meet a female companion, I just can't do it because I'm tired of being used and rejected. It's better for her to call me and ask me out. This way I'll know for sure that I won't be used and she really wants to be with me. Otherwise I'm just gonna do the same damn thing like I do everyday; which is nothing but work, work, work.

I was getting rather depressed reading this thread, but this post turned it all around. What a brilliant positive attitude! And excellent advise, doing what you love and talking to strangers (within the bounds of common sense) is a fab way to go about life and potentially finding a partner.

As much as I would love to have a slice of life and meet a female companion, I just can't do it because I'm tired of being used and rejected. It's better for her to call me and ask me out. This way I'll know for sure that I won't be used and she really wants to be with me. Otherwise I'm just gonna do the same damn thing like I do everyday; which is nothing but work, work, work.

I'm sorry that you have had bad experiences in the past, but if you actually want a relationship (no worries if you don't ;) ) this seems to me to be a rather backwards way to go about it... No one gets anywhere without putting themselves out there.

I was getting rather depressed reading this thread, but this post turned it all around. What a brilliant positive attitude! And excellent advise, doing what you love and talking to strangers (within the bounds of common sense) is a fab way to go about life and potentially finding a partner.

I'm sorry that you have had bad experiences in the past, but if you actually want a relationship (no worries if you don't ;) ) this seems to me to be a rather backwards way to go about it... No one gets anywhere without putting themselves out there.
I've been using meetup.org quite a bit the past year or so... some of the times the event/class/whatever totally sucks.. but when it doesn't suck, it's all worth it. I found a really great running group and have made friends there who invite me hiking with them... it's awesome. I have the advantage of living in a big city with lots of options, though.

I've also found I don't necessarily "need" a relationship as much when I have a wider circle of friends.. and for the first time in my life, I feel like I'm starting to find those people. But it does take serious getting out there.. which can be exhausting so I try and just do what I can when I feel like it. But staying positive is a must. And if something isn't working out or is making me too anxious, time to try something else.

My female diagnosed-Aspie friends seem to have a fair amount of relationships (far more than me!). I only know one male with Asperger's and he's my cousin, and he's probably about 11 or 12 at this point, so no dating at this point. :p

If you're hyper sexual like me, it's better not to try and limit yourself to just aspie women; especially considering how many women I've seen in asperger forums that are prone to asexuality.

I really don't like the word "taken," as, to me, it sounds too akin to the concept of "ownership." That's just me, and it seems nobody has a problem with it (and I know that's not how it was meant), so there ya go. :p [end non sequitur]

As for the concept of Aspie females being more likely to be in a relationship than men...I don't have any hard data, so I don't have an answer. Anecdotally, it does seem more females than males are in a relationship... If it is in fact true, then...Forgive me for stereotyping, but I think society in general, the man is the one who is expected to "make the first move," and that requires good communication skills, which Aspies generally lack...as an extension to that, Aspies, both male and female, can often times not pick up on the fact that someone is trying to express romantic interests. And before I realized I was asexual, that got me in trouble a few times (one of the girls was an Aspie, the rest were NT).

The tl;dr version: I have no idea! :p

Good thing I don't have to be the one initiating the flirting....

upload_2015-11-26_16-39-27.png

Anecdotally, it does seem more females than males are in a relationship...
The only thing is, mathematically it's not possible for that to be true, at least not in the USA, where women outnumber men, and twice as many men as women are openly gay.

I can't speak for everyone but none of the aspie girls I know are taken, nor am I. Though I'm not looking to date.

I only met a few AS girls before, one was a bit too interested in too many men, not my type anyway lol

I have one ex GF who I was convinced was AS but she never admitted to being one, she was odd though.

Other AS girls I knew had no more or less luck than AS males

I know that the way I would get a relationship seems backwards, but I just can't do it. I tried to socialize with other people about these sort of things, but all I get are bad vibes. Most of the women I came across in reality or online dating sites either treat me like a freak, or a total nobody, or they just wanna sink their way way into my pants because they're sluts. Honestly I just wanna live my life, single or not, I just want be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom