• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are Most Aspie Females Taken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimBob

V.I.P Member
From what I've read online, it seems that it's easier for an Aspie female to find a partner than it is for an Aspie male to find a partner. Since we all know EVERYTHING on the Internet is always true, not, I wanted to ask all y'all.

Do you think it's easier for an Aspie female to find a partner? If yes, why?

It depends. I am not taken mostly because of my choice to get my education done, but I would probably say that they are about equal from what I have seen. Yes, in some cases it is easier for female over male, but don't give up. Keep trying to find a girl that will accept you for who you are and won't change you dramatically. Relationships are hard, but if you play your cards right, then there shouldn't be an issue. Girls sometimes play hard to get, at least from what I have seen because of what they are told growing up. Some girls are told that they need to find someone like themselves where as boys aren't always told that. Keep going. Maybe one day you will find a good Aspie girl to be friends with. But never trust the Internet. Some sites are bogus. Do your research through government or other high end websites. They usually have more information.

Well I was answered as if you were single because that was how you came across. Sorry. Didn't realize you had kids and all.

Hmm, hard to tell really. From what I have read aspie women may be better at fitting in than men, and possibly be better at understanding an NT partners needs, and as such might find it easier. I've had plenty of opportunities to enter a relationship, but have just never wanted to.

iv'e never even seen & aspie girl before in real life :p
but i guess it's easier for girls to date because everyone wants a girl lol.
im a male obviously there is a lot of desperate ones.

My experience has always been that it is more of a challenge keeping men at bay than trying to find a relationship. I'm really not sure I even want a romantic partner though.

My experience has always been that it is more of a challenge keeping men at bay than trying to find a relationship. I'm really not sure I even want a romantic partner though.
They (men) have mostly been uninterested in me. But I've mostly been uninterested in them. So that's not a bad arrangement-mutual disinterest.

I am not much of an aspie but more autistic. I don't really need a relationship but I enjoy the woman I am with and I am in love with her (yes I'm gay).
I had a boyfriend before and it just did not work out and I spent two years enduring his childish bs until I finally realized I am gay and broke up with him.

My opinion is that it's easier for woman to date whether or not they are on the spectrum. It may be a bit harder for spectrum women vs neuro-controlled ladies, but even so I think an autistic woman is going to probably be more desirable than even a neuro-controlled man. I would agree ladies are just hotter. No offense guys. ❤️

Any woman who wants a man, whether she's Aspergic or not, can get a man. It might not be her ideal man, and it might be a man who she's not interested in at all, but there'll be someone. It doesn't work for a man who wants a woman though.

To give you a different perspective in an answer I will tell you that when viewing such a topic, you should take a moment to broaden your view. Even if every single aspie girl in the world were taken right now, understand that it means little to nothing in the way of a statistical fact. Relationships don't always last unfortunately. And yes, I am going somewhere with this so stick with me a second.

First off, men have different standards, views and tolerances than women. We are all created equal but that doesn't mean we are the same. Most men find the aspie female more attractive than women finding aspie men attractive due to the mannerisms first seen from people on the spectrum. When asked, most normal women will say that the most attractive quality in a man is confidence which is a problem with a lot of aspie men because it's either an undershoot or an overshoot between broody and boasting. Men, statistically, have lower and broader standards than women when it comes to behavior (though higher when it comes to looks). Not to say that being an aspie qualifies as a low standard but it does mean that the opposite gender being considered weird or strange doesn't bother the average male as much as it bothers a female.

But that only refers to the initial attraction. Keeping a relationship is a whole different matter. I would estimate that around 95% of aspie women will have at least one relationship in their life. Most will have multiple relationships. It is very possible that as you meet new people you will statistically run into more who are in relationships than not because a relationship is sought after like the holy grail in most cases. You shouldn't take that as an all or nothing view however. One of the things that I've known to be a trait among people like us is the extremist thinking, using broad blanket statements where we categorize things in large chunks out of simplicity and/or frustration.

In the bigger picture, aspie women go through many struggles in relationships; struggles that we as men could not understand. They will go through break ups and heart breaks just like everyone else but they will internalize differently than others. We as men must not get frustrated with the apparent appearance of being left out of all the good stuff. Yes, it seems like it is easier for an aspie woman to get a boyfriend than the other way around but don't be too quick to covet such a thing. Relationships can be great but they are also a gamble; and each time you roll that dice, you have a chance to get pain as well as happiness.

If you are hoping for an aspie girl (doesn't matter if you are or not, I'm going to mention this for statistic's sake) then don't fret because even if they are all taken, it won't stay that way for long. Because the same mass male population that will date an aspie for their adorable qualities may find that they aren't up to the task of loving them like they deserve. Truth is, most males aren't man enough to dedicate to someone who is different. Unfortunately we live in a time where the typical male just assumes women are crazy and simply tolerate that crazy for a temporary amount of time until something better comes along. This is outside of whether or not they are on the spectrum. Understand that the appearance of aspie women getting more relationship attention than us men should come with the understanding that they will statistically receive more heart ache than us.

If you are to look into this concept; the whole idea of them being always taken, try to separate yourself from the equation and think in these terms: If a woman with aspergers is in a relationship, give hopes that the man treats her right. If he does not, give hopes that she is given the strength to move on from him or that he has the strength to change. If they all are taken, wish them all the best; wish them all love and kindness in their own lives. Any negative feeling beyond that (usually) comes from when we put ourselves in the equation.

And I understand curiosity but I also am familiar with curiosity as it comes from a underline frustration. Wether or not this speaks to you is moot. While you may be more bored curious, another reading this thread may be frustrated so I like to cover grounds if that's alright with you. Remember, the now is temporary. What you see today means so little in the big picture. We only perceive small views as individuals and we have such short grasps on the flow of time.

I can understand the compelling allure of The Elusive Aspie Female. Personally, when stressed, I lose speech altogether.
That's right boys, a woman with a mute button! :D

Male or female, most people feel awkward and anxious about trying to connect with someone attractive. Some people find awkwardness endearing. Nowadays, nerdy is the new black! :cool: I figure: Clumsy & socially clueless? Own it! In being yourself, surely you shine. A potential mate may well find your happy, unapologetic authenticity and uniqueness something special. :sunflower:

Regardless of gender, perhaps all the quirkiest of us need is exposure, to put ourselves in target-rich environments. Yes, normally men pursue, women do the answering part of the mating dance. Things aren't easier for a woman with ASD, as some of us miss entirely a man's signals-- even when he feels he's being direct.
Many Aspies/Auties of any gender are sequestered in sensory-friendly solitude in our Aspie/Autie Caves. I wish you courage in venturing forth, comfort in your own skin, and someone kind to cherish you & appreciate your special qualities.

Last edited:
Thanks, Mr. TimBob. :) I'm actually a funny Nerdette. :tonguewink: *epically awkward doofy-yet-feminine giggle*

I think it may be easier for females but that might just be because Asperger's Syndrome typically comes across as less severe in females, which could also be why it's so underdiagnosed

Socially Awkward men are none too popular in our society, women don't really have that stigma against them. The AS men basically get to be the beta's to scare the crap out of the non alpha normies into general hopelessness looks like.

Reading that I'm a beta most of the time. All the AS men I've met were betas (never met an AS woman), but at most I know about me and it's none to flattering.

Now... to be fair, when I deal with men I am more... confident and more assertive.
Not by much but a little bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom