• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are Aspergarians unloveable?

Yes I would have. He's a good guy and we were poor for a long time, living like students most of our lives.

I don't think you'll listen anyway, you seem too full of rage. If women are telling you that you are not good enough. Then you are asking the wrong women.
are you in europe? if not you're a very rare woman.
I'm not full of rage, just accepted reality. i've asked thousands of women. probably almost all the single women in my age range at this point. society tells us from age 4 and up that you need to date men who have life together anyone else is loser to be avoided. I'ts in all our cartoons, education, movies, books. my friends tell their kids the same just as their parents told them.
I've been actively trying to date since I was 22, I'm on 15 dating sites every day. I swipe match on hudnreds of women a day. I try to message a few(harder and harder since most sites don't let you unless woman matchs back.) few women who match me must been by accident or didn't read my profile since my income is stated on it. only ones who message me now are after a quick sexting thrill. even that isn't happening anymore. once and a while maybe a legit one messages me but they don't seem interersted. only reply with one or two words and never ask anything back then ghost me. I'm getting tired of trying :(

Maybe that’s the sick joke. We wanted women to improve our
Lives, only to learn we hadn’t earned their affection. Maybe the sick joke is we believed we needed something that didn’t exist at all...
Only we can improve our lives when it comes to interpersonal relationships.
We just be ourselves, and if we are with the right person and it is right, then romance will blossom.
It is the "looking for it" and the "feeling less-than" without it, that is the problem.
True love comes between people who are doing things they enjoy, not looking for romance.
Remember my teenage experience of looking and not finding, then happiness being single and suddenly people appear.

autistic kids are born to two non autistic parents all the time. where you think first autistic kid came from? they Don't know what causes autism. two autisitc people can and do have non autistic kids. its probably mixure of genes from two people that causes it and maybe it skips generations like other gene mutations.
To the best of my knowledge my folks were not autistic.
Tony Attwood the leading Asperger's expert believes they are the next stage of human evolution.
Dr Edward Hall Mohawk believes autistic people have a licence to be a shaman.
Then there is Temple Grandin who invented the livestock machine, very famous woman.
Lately I wonder if my mum was autistic and adapted to my father who was (I strongly suspect) narcissistic.

possible, but likely doesn't make up for majority. again first there were no autstics, unless you think the first humans had autism, I highly doubt a autistic person would survived or been welcomed into early tribes. Even today in modern world, humans still want to get rid of us. I personally am Christian and I don't think adam or eve were autistic. purely my opinion but I don't think people with autism existed until recent times. I hope one day they can find out what causes it and prevent or cure unborn babies of it.I don't wish my hell of life on any one.
Maybe the shamans of the ancient times were autistics. Taken from the tribe when identified as different/unique and under the tutelage of a trained shaman when young.
They were super sensitive, liked to be alone, different from the crowd.
Maybe some of the Indian Yogis were also?
For those who want to get rid of us, that is there problem, we are here to stay.
Bill Gates is said to come from a eugenics background, he has Asperger's himself.
I heard, don't know if this is true, Hans Asperger worked for the nazis, but they were off their heads.
Autism can be a blessing if we respond to our differences early. We don't even have to know we are autistic.
There are plenty successful creative autistic middle agers who did not know they were autistic, they succeeded because they accepted their differences. They were kind. They were empathic and sensitive and they did not care about being normal or fitting in.
I was not one of these kids fitting it was important for me. Ironically my mother saw a doctor about me when I was a nine month old baby because she suspected autism. I am 54 and newly diagnosed.

possible, but likely doesn't make up for majority. again first there were no autstics, unless you think the first humans had autism, I highly doubt a autistic person would survived or been welcomed into early tribes. Even today in modern world, humans still want to get rid of us. I personally am Christian and I don't think adam or eve were autistic. purely my opinion but I don't think people with autism existed until recent times. I hope one day they can find out what causes it and prevent or cure unborn babies of it.I don't wish my hell of life on any one.
See my above post about shamans being taken away as children, from the crowd/tribe and tutored by older Shamans, because they were sensitive, had special gifts etc.
I believe that Adam and Eve were a allegory we did not all spring from Adam and Eve.
The story is symbolic and its the meaning behind it.
No one truly knows the human origins. As we are the only species who need clothes I suspect that we are extra terrestrial hybrids.

I get ssdi and work min wage. I make around $16000 a year. I'm worthless as man, not even considered one by most women. Responsibility isn't connected to money. for most of human history women weren't allowed to work. I don't think those women were incapable of responsibility or less of humans. I don't see why men today are seen as such due to their income. seems unlikely to change in next few generations men will continue to suffer. its why men kill themselves so high. I consider them the lucky ones. They're free, I'm forced to suffer long drawn out hell. not even good enough for unemployed college drop outs living off their parents. :(
My measure your self worth by your money?
There are plenty mentally calm poor people about who make the best of and enjoy life.
Who said you worthless? Maybe somebody has planted the seed in your head, but it is an error, however did had self worth problems of their own.
The ancients had it right, men hunted and women gathered, and children helped, and it took a whole village of adults to raise a child, not the 2 parent nuclear family who are at work and send kids to daycare.
Depression is what kills people, suicide is a personal choice and an unwise one.
The wisemen do not listen to the pressure and the expectations that are artificial from society that are put on men.

Nooooo!!!!!!! you do not love yourself, so how can you expect others to. Low self worth radiates out of us.
thats just made up. women don't have extra organs that sense if men have low self esteem.
its cause and effect not effect and cause. positive thinking wouldn't make more more atractive or worth dating.

I'm in Canada and I don't think I'm unusual in any way. I think the issue here is that you are doing all this through dating sites and not in real life. Few dating site matchups last for very long. Although I know of a few that have, but there are many more of the latter. If they don't get to know you in real life, how could they understand what makes you who you are?

Consider that in the US that there are 80.4 million workers who make minimum wage earnings. And these are stats from 2017. A good proportion of those are married or living with someone or in a relationship. So it is possible.
yeah canada is different then usa. makes sense. Candians and european women tend to be more accepting and less superficial then american women. but I can't date candian or european women. I can't date women outside my city.

all the women on dating sites are the same women in realife. they hold the same requirements whether they online or off. so you meet up thats point of daitng sites. dating sites just replace bumping into each other on subway, or at a store. so in idea world they'd go on dates with me thats where you get to know each other.
people are so antisocial and scared today no one meets and exchanges info in public anymore so dating sites is only way unless you're a super social person or have wide frienship cirlcle to introduce you to people. course non of my fremale friends think i'm good enough so they don't. Id bet most the min wage workering men are alone. men will date a girl making min wage, most women won't date a guy making min wage. its the whole he has to make as much as me or more. only exceptions to this rule i've meet the guy use to have a good paying job when they met and got married. its esier to stay with guy you love who now makes less then it is to date a guy who makes less. my counselors all told me i need to get better job if I want to have relationship, everyone at work tells me same thing too. don't you every want to have a family sly, well you need to go get a real job or you'll be alone forever. I don't think there is a solution until we as a society do what happen to women and say no its not ok to not date a guy based on his imcome same as its not ok to fat shame women or date them for their looks. 52% of the usa population is single. highest its ever been. why do you think that is? I think and many experts do because women work now and still hold same society values of the past when women didn't' work. society hasn't adapted to the new reality. in a world where alot of women make more then men and increasing ratio women need to get rid of the notion of only dating men who make same or more. they need to be ok with dating low paid or unemployed men just as men did throughout history with women. non of my sisters friends would date a guy who makes less then them either. they don't want a mooch, but why isn't a woman who married a guy who makes more considered a mooch or womanchild? society says mens worth is directed related to their money earny potential. some younger women are going agasint this but time will tell, either way it won't help me :( I wish i'd been born in europe or asia.

I don't think I write half as elegantly as @Misery but here's my attempt at an omnibus response:

i dont know how ratios translat to compare. but 2,000 plus more men is alot. and they can also date men from elsewhere in state. I often see women in person complaining about lack of men which they mean men with good jobs.

There's nothing stopping you from dating those elsewhere in the state, or for that matter outside your state or outside your country.

The jurisdiction I was referring to, by the way, was AB.

If say we were to look at stats for OR, we see that there's an overall M:F ratio of 98.2:100.

Of course individual regions/counties would have different ratios, but the numbers are favorable overall.

gold digging is trying to date bill gates. women as most people want to have a middle class lifestyile so they only want to date men who will help towards that. anyone who dates me will have to accept they'll never have that lifsytle. life with me will mean always being poor. I can't afford a car, I can't afford trips to europe. I can't afford to eat out every day. doesn't help most women in my area work as nurses and thus are well paid.

Gold digging doesn't necessarily mean going for a billionaire or even a millionaire. It can refer to any scenario where someone is pursuing a relationship primary for purposes of a meal ticket and/or to be lavished with things.

Also, as I've mentioned several times now, I've seen more examples of women marrying down from a socioeconomic standpoint, than marrying up. The model that the guy must make more in a hetrosexual relationship is outmoded.

women at work know how much I make and refuse to talk to me to point of point blank ignoring me if I try to talk to them.

Stop trying to date your co-workers. You're probably coming off as desperate and scaring them all away. If you're in a smaller community, there's a good chance you already ruined your reputation.

they never get to see that i'm funny, caring , loyal and compassionate cause they can find guys with their life together that have all those or change to have all those. as I was told over and over on another autism site I have nothing to offer that any other guy couldn't also offer on top of his job and money.

Again, money isn't everything. It's only a part of the equation. Stop putting it on a pedestal.

I can't lie. so what do I say if they want to meet somewhere bus doesnt go? get me to pickthem up?

There's no shame in asking to be picked up / dropped off. Isn't that the first date in the movie The 40 Year Old Virgin?

go to place I can't afford.

Suggest another place or activity.

what do I say when they keep asking where i work and what I do?

Say it as it is. If they're judging you for that, they're not the right person.

are you in europe? if not you're a very rare woman.
I'm not full of rage, just accepted reality. i've asked thousands of women. probably almost all the single women in my age range at this point.

The number of single women in your age range probably number over a billion.

I can't date women outside my city.

There's a big world out there. Don't be scared of others just because they're not from your hometown. Diversity enriches the world. Don't be xenophobic.

Id bet most the min wage workering men are alone.

Recent empirical research suggests that couples consider economic stability and future outlook to be prerequisites for marriage... Combined couple earnings are most important for those with a high school degree or less. At $26,000, marriage odds increase significantly and continue to increase for couples with less than a high school degree. source

$26,000 combined annual income will include almost any combination.

all the women on dating sites are the same women in realife. they hold the same requirements whether they online or off. so you meet up thats point of daitng sites. dating sites just replace bumping into each other on subway, or at a store. so in idea world they'd go on dates with me thats where you get to know each other.

That's not really true Slyfox. How are you so certain that you are not dialoguing with bots, or hundreds of profiles set up by a few people? It happens more than you know. So some of those denials you experienced may have been scripted by the site itself.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-profiles-to-lure-men-in-hacked-data-suggest/

It's better to encounter someone in a store or a cafe at least you know they are real people. And that way you get to practise a little with your social skills. The more you do so, the less difficult it becomes.

I don't think there is a solution until we as a society do what happen to women and say no its not ok to not date a guy based on his imcome same as its not ok to fat shame women or date them for their looks. 52% of the usa population is single. highest its ever been. why do you think that is?

Probably because more people can afford to live alone and many want to. And again I'll repeat what I mentioned before, you have not met the right kind of women.

The model that the guy must make more in a hetrosexual relationship is outmoded.
Early in our marriage, my wife made the bulk of our income. I am better at numbers (making it go farther), so she agreed to let me be in charge of our finances. Now that I bring in more income, we still use the same tactics.
Again, money isn't everything. It's only a part of the equation. Stop putting it on a pedestal.
Feeling sorry for yourself is more of a turn-off than not being rich.
thats just made up. women don't have extra organs that sense if men have low self esteem.
Men & women project that. No extra organs are required. Women will ask themselves, "Is this a man that I could lean on, if I needed to...?"

If you are acting like,
"If I don't get a (girlfriend, better job,...), I'm going to kill myself...!"
what message do YOU think you are projecting?

"I don't even have the will to live. And you expect me to care for YOU...!"

If you are depressed, get treatment.

That's not really true Slyfox. How are you so certain that you are not dialoguing with bots, or hundreds of profiles set up by a few people? It happens more than you know. So some of those denials you experienced may have been scripted by the site itself.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-profiles-to-lure-men-in-hacked-data-suggest/

It's better to encounter someone in a store or a cafe at least you know they are real people. And that way you get to practise a little with your social skills. The more you do so, the less difficult it becomes.

Probably because more people can afford to live alone and many want to. And again I'll repeat what I mentioned before, you have not met the right kind of women.
bots match and message as their goal is to get money from me. sites are good at deleting them quickly. I see the same people on multiple sites with same info and i've seen some in person.

I don't talk to women in public. they give me nasty looks for even looking their way. you can't know if they single and boyfriends get pissed even to point of violence if they think you're checking or trying to flirt with thier gf. not to mention I was told buy women on autism forum over and over. when women are out in stores they they to shop they don't want to be bothered by men.
I don't think people want to live alone besides some mountian people. humans are social animals.

I don't think the right woman exists. any woman who'd be willing to date a poor man probably already found one as there's no shortage of poor men. most the women i've talked to who say and actually date poor men meet their guy young and have stayed together. I don't fancy waiting for some womans partner to die to get a chance :( ITs already pretty much too late for me to have the relationship I need and want so I don't plan to live much longer. I have zero hope in humanity.

Early in our marriage, my wife made the bulk of our income. I am better at numbers (making it go farther), so she agreed to let me be in charge of our finances. Now that I bring in more income, we still use the same tactics.

Feeling sorry for yourself is more of a turn-off than not being rich.

Men & women project that. No extra organs are required. Women will ask themselves, "Is this a man that I could lean on, if I needed to...?"

If you are acting like,
"If I don't get a (girlfriend, better job,...), I'm going to kill myself...!"
what message do YOU think you are projecting?

"I don't even have the will to live. And you expect me to care for YOU...!"

If you are depressed, get treatment.
non of my friends or family seem to think so. I think they'd say so. why do people always assume the fault is the victims rather than other people? why can't you just accept most women don't want to date fat ugly poor guy?
I don't act like anything when i'm out. people don't talk to me and I don't talk to them. nothing about me screams that. no one at work thinks I'm sad or unhappy. I do a fine job of masking, so much so non think i'm autsitic. just shy and weird, but I don't harass women unlike other guy at my work. I go in and cheerful help customers and coworkers. I never refuse to help people. clearly the guys at my work think I would be able to get a gf if I made more, as do my female friends. I would think if I gave off such vibes as you say they'd said something. They don't know i'm autistic and disabled or they'd probably not talk to me at all(they don't support welfare parasites) but they would probably understand why i'm single.

they see that I would drag them down but no in way you say. they think theyd have to care for me financially not emotionally. my depression is solely from bieng alone romanticly I wouldn't be depressed if I had a long term relationship. I've got everything I need and most of what I want. reality is I couldn't help them buy a house, I couldn't help them buy cars, I couldn't help pay for vacations, I can't afford to eat out. they don't want to give up on their hopes and dreams, their entertainment. most I could offer them is companionship and walks around the block. that's not enough for most women. all the single women at my work are going to college, they think they're graduate and get high paying jobs, buy expensive houses and cars, vacation in europe yearly. why would they give all that up to be with guy like me?
that's the heart of the issue. that's why they aren't gold diggers, they just want what eveyrone one in usa is told to want. That which I will never have and anyone with me will never have. life with me would mean a small apartment, at most one car if they have one, staying at home most nights watching tv.It's not an exciting life. its not uncomfortable but its not fantastic. and it will be tight financially.

the only treatment for situational depression is to fix the situation. lack of a relation is why i'm depressed not my depression causing lack of relationship. I was happy and hopefully before I was 22. even then I was still happy and hopeful I was sure I'd be married by 26 and having kids by 28. instead I get rejected and told I'm not good enough sorry. most people my age have either been married for years or had 10+ relationships. hell 15 old boys have had multiple relationships. not me. Now i'm 33 with never had a relationship or much sex which is a big red flag for women even if I did have a good job and car.
as they say " there must be a reason no wooman will touch him with a ten foot pool" probably asume i'm some creep or abusive

why can't you just accept most women don't want to date fat ugly poor guy?
Your ancestor (who looked like you) got a date... ;)
reality is I couldn't help them buy a house,...
A couple gets a mortgage based on total income, so yes, your income would count toward that (but you need to establish a credit history). Even on the poverty line, I have a credit score of around 800.
I couldn't help them buy cars,...
We have only ever bought them used.
..., I can't afford to eat out.
There are low-end items at McDonalds & Taco Bell that are filling and stay within our normal grocery budget (about $10/dinner for three). Other places, like Subway & Pizza Hut, have sales that come down to our budget, too. We don't have a Kentucky Fried Chicken, but our supermarket deli has hot, fried chicken (8-piece/whole) for $9 or less.

Your ancestor (who looked like you) got a date... ;)

A couple gets a mortgage based on total income, so yes, your income would count toward that (but you need to establish a credit history). Even on the poverty line, I have a credit score of around 800.

We have only ever bought them used.

There are low-end items at McDonalds & Taco Bell that are filling and stay within our normal grocery budget (about $10/dinner for three). Other places, like Subway & Pizza Hut, have sales that come down to our budget, too. We don't have a Kentucky Fried Chicken, but our supermarket deli has hot, fried chicken (8-piece/whole) for $9 or less.
I don't seem to look like anyone in my family. I take after my grandpa personality wise. but he got lucky in meeting my grandma in early 50s which was different time. I have bad credit from default I can't pay, but that'ts not anything anyone would know. two people making 75k a year can afford a house while two people with only one making 75k a year can't If I was to live with or marry a woman i'd be kicked off SSA as they use her income in the determination.

yes I know all that. I'm not saying poor can't get by , I'm saying people dont' want to be poor. I'd much rather have a middle class lifestyle, it's not a choice for me, for a woman considering dating me it is a choice. she can choose a guy like me and live poor or find a guy who makes 75k or what not like her and live middle class lifestyle of luxury. I mostly just get cheap grocies but I do occasionally get to eat fast food, If I didn't have my 12 hour a week min wage job that wouldn't be possible.
fyi burgerking is best they have coupons all the time. though their food can be hit and miss. wendy's is great. but by eat out I meant dining places were each person cost $20+ I can't afford that but as a special occasion, usually for birthdays or if I get a coupon. middle class people will do it once a week or more.
so a woman wants to do that. I can't afford to and she doesn't want to pay for me nor would I accept. she better off dating a guy who can afford it.

I can't afford upkeep of a used car. I normally take the bus. lets me use what little money i have on stuff to bring slight enjoyment to my life. I had a car and every dollar I made went into keeping it running, all my savings. then it started dying randomly and I used all I had left but they didn't fix it and I sold it for $150. I won't buy a car again unless its brand new.

two people making 75k a year can afford a house while two people with only one making 75k a year can't If I was to live with or marry a woman i'd be kicked off SSA as they use her income in the determination.
I have nothing to offer you, if you have decided that you have to be middle-class or upper middle class to be happy and/or to find a wife.

I guess "thinking outside of the box" doesn't describe your version of autism.
~~~~~~~~~​
"Now if you run into a 5-foot-2 all covered with fur,
Diamond rings and all those things,
You bet your life that isn't her...!"

I don't think the right woman exists. any woman who'd be willing to date a poor man probably already found one as there's no shortage of poor men. most the women i've talked to who say and actually date poor men meet their guy young and have stayed together. I don't fancy waiting for some womans partner to die to get a chance :( ITs already pretty much too late for me to have the relationship I need and want so I don't plan to live much longer. I have zero hope in humanity.

It's been my experience that we create senario's for not doing things. It's a way of talking ourselves out of actually taking some sort of risk or making a change. I won't do this, because of [this] and [this]. You seem to have put up so many walls to prevent it. My suggestion would be to forget finding your soul mate, for awhile and work on making yourself happy to be alone. I suspect that once you relax, and are at peace with what you have decided, someone will come along. Keep in mind that there are triple the amount of women in minimum wage jobs than men who are in them.

That’s been my whole life, I’m not going stop trying to find someone even if it’s impossible. If I give up I will kill myself.

I’m not the type of person who will ever be happy alone.

New Threads

Top Bottom