• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

anyone else experiencing holiday whiplash?

I have been in this state since it all started in November. I can make myself take my dog out, but don't have the energy for much more. Last year I remember being mostly zombified until the end of February. Hope it's not like that this time.

My problem is my job has messed up my holiday routine (among other things). I haven't had a good holiday season in two years.

I am very slow on the upswing myself. Lots of napping with the dogs. But I believe the extreme cold is a factor.

I feel as if I'm experiencing more or less the same thing, myself....I returned from spending a little over two weeks with my dad and stepmom (Christmas and New Year's) a few days ago. I always love seeing my dad more than I can express (he's pretty much the whole reason I went), but my stepmother....just...idk...I'm anxious around her.

*TW for mentions of emotional abuse*
It wasn't until about 3 years ago when I moved in order to live with my extended family several states away that I started to realize that my stepmother had/has emotionally abusive tendencies that had me under severe stress and anxiety for the 10+ years I lived with her and my father exclusively. Suffice it to say that the past two weeks went well, but I'm still trying to sort out how I feel about it. for instance, did things go well b/c my stepmom was actually more chill for once, or because I was able to overextend myself trying to be helpful and do everything "right" in her eyes? I just don't know. I'm also grappling with something I've always suspected but is still incredibly hurtful for me to fully realize: the fact that people only want me around b/c they know I'm willing to just do stuff for them or give them things, rather than loving and appreciating me for who I am as a human being.

......I won't ramble on with this any further, other than to say that yes, I'm still recuperating from the holidays and I wish everyone else the best in their recovery from holiday stress, as well.

I have a similar thing going on. I haven't had any energy at all since I got back from Christmas. I can barely think of things to say to myself, let alone others.

've always suspected but is still incredibly hurtful for me to fully realize: the fact that people only want me around b/c they know I'm willing to just do stuff for them or give them things, rather than loving and appreciating me for who I am as a human being.

Don't be afraid to ramble, sounds like you're on the edge of being and continuing positve change in your life.

A lot of people dont realise this stuff till theyre far older than you.

Good on you.

New Threads

Top Bottom