• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anybody got weird taste in music?

I'm on a mission right now to collect as many obscure Greek and Romanian rock/prog rock/folk rock albums as (financially) possible.

i like little kids music like the farmer in the dell here we go around the malberry bush head and shorles knes and toes sesame street songs bear in the big blue house songs the type of music makes me happy

Does ancient music count as weird? I fell down a medieval music/plainchant rabbit hole about...three, maybe four years ago.

When I mean by weird taste, I mean genres that necessarily don't go together. I love punk rock and I love country music. As I got older, I started getting into old time country such as Hank Williams, Johnny Cash and so forth. Punk rock has been with me since I was preteen. Social Distortion's 80's punk, Orange county (CA) punk, Rancid, East Bay punk. I am more into the hardcore 80's punk.

I feel like it is weird for me to like country and punk at the same time. People are surprised when we get into my car and I have country music on, but I am wear a leather jacket and have spiked hair. They automatically assume I like punk because of my hairstyle and clothing until the hear that I am listing to Hank Williams in my car.

Anybody else have a weird taste in music? Or do you just like any type of music genre?
Yes, I like electronic music of all types, too many bands to list (one of my obsessions) and also I like folk music/folk rock e.g. The Levellers. I do enjoy all music to a certain extent, but those two are where my heart lies.

Yes, I like electronic music of all types, too many bands to list (one of my obsessions) and also I like folk music/folk rock e.g. The Levellers. I do enjoy all music to a certain extent, but those two are where my heart lies.
It seems to me like you would go more for this,...
Spooky, Classic IV

When I mean by weird taste, I mean genres that necessarily don't go together. I love punk rock and I love country music. As I got older, I started getting into old time country such as Hank Williams, Johnny Cash and so forth. Punk rock has been with me since I was preteen. Social Distortion's 80's punk, Orange county (CA) punk, Rancid, East Bay punk. I am more into the hardcore 80's punk.

I feel like it is weird for me to like country and punk at the same time. People are surprised when we get into my car and I have country music on, but I am wear a leather jacket and have spiked hair. They automatically assume I like punk because of my hairstyle and clothing until the hear that I am listing to Hank Williams in my car.

Anybody else have a weird taste in music? Or do you just like any type of music genre?
I am obsessed with the Baroque music, and have been so for practically half my lifetime. for only about the past...two or three years I've dived into the rabbit hole of renaissance, medieval music, and plainchant. Seeing as I grew up in a town of country music and fishing folk, this is definitely a weird taste in music. Fellow high-schoolers would drive around in their pickup trucks blasting country music while from my own truck there would be Bach's organ music.

I think this is some of the more weird music I like. Primus can be pretty weird. :) No other band sounds like Primus.

I have very unconventional taste in music. Here are some of the more bizarre examples, I do also listen to a lot of "tame" stuff though. But I generally prefer weird, loud, intense, emotional, fast-paced, percussive, bassy, and harsh music. With or without vocals. I tend to have a preference for female vocals though.
My favorite genres are EDM (and almost all of its subgenres), drum & bass, folk/ethnic music, metal, dubstep, and Europop.

I do not like modern pop music or country music for the most part, especially not from the US, and especially not in English. I'm a very harsh critic of mainstream music and I think some of the most popular artists are actually some of the least talented or interesting. I know that's a hot take lol but mainstream media, and casual music listeners (usually young people) really prefer only a specific type of artist and it all feels very contrived. Made worse by the invention of tiktok, of course.
I'm not an expert by any means, but that is my opinion as someone who has a special interest in music and takes it way more seriously than the average person who is just browsing music on Spotify or making a workout playlist.

I will give a disclaimer that most of this music is not likely to be anyone else's favorite and some of it is a direct assault on the ears...

I think this is some of the more weird music I like. Primus can be pretty weird. :) No other band sounds like Primus.

Just yesterday I finished a few days of listening to the entire Primus discography while I work. It's just fabulous. So much so, I'm starting again right now...

Just yesterday I finished a few days of listening to the entire Primus discography while I work. It's just fabulous. So much so, I'm starting again right now...

They do have a special sound. And the videos, the album covers and everything else, you know it's Primus the moment you see or hear it. I was at a concert years ago and they kicked butt all evening long.

New Threads

Top Bottom