• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anybody got weird taste in music?

I like music from all kinds of genres,
  • some classical,
  • ragtime,
  • barbershop,
  • doo-wop,
  • rock-a-billy,
  • some pop (1950s-1980s),
  • some Broadway/movie musicals,*
  • beach rock (probably my biggest preference),
  • TV themes &
  • disco/techno/electronica (incl. video game themes)
* Like... Brotherhood Of Man, How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying (1967)

Last edited:
I don't have a 'weird' taste in music, I just... kinda... like whatever I like with little regard for whether it fits in with a particular genre/subculture/era/whatever.

I mean, if there's something about it that's pleasing to me I will enjoy listening to it, and if not, I will still listen to it if I feel there's something interesting I can learn from it even if I don't actually like it. So... I will also take some time to listen to music I don't really like very much sometimes.

When I mean by weird taste, I mean genres that necessarily don't go together. I love punk rock and I love country music. As I got older, I started getting into old time country such as Hank Williams, Johnny Cash and so forth. Punk rock has been with me since I was preteen. Social Distortion's 80's punk, Orange county (CA) punk, Rancid, East Bay punk. I am more into the hardcore 80's punk.

I feel like it is weird for me to like country and punk at the same time. People are surprised when we get into my car and I have country music on, but I am wear a leather jacket and have spiked hair. They automatically assume I like punk because of my hairstyle and clothing until the hear that I am listing to Hank Williams in my car.

Anybody else have a weird taste in music? Or do you just like any type of music genre?
Perhaps. I'm horribly eclectic:cool: You're liable to hear anything from Bach to Nina Simone to Lil Wayne to Five Finger Death Punch, to Dead Can Dance... Currently, I have Black Violin's "Virtuoso" on:)

Heard this from the 'man cave' and thought, is he listening to modern stuff? Which would be unusual. Went down to discover it was a 1970's song called 'Fat Old Sun' from Pink Floyd's album Atom Heart Mother. Until the guitar came in, then I realized who it was. So many musicians since have emulated David Gilmore's way of singing.

Last edited:
Just about everything in-between, past and present. I like exploring different genres of music, problem is I get too attached to one song, then the next song, and so forth...gets difficult sometimes.

Heard this from the 'man cave' and thought, is he listening to modern stuff? Which would be unusual. Went down to discover it was a 1970's song called 'Fat Old Sun' from Pink Floyd's album Atom Heart Mother. Until the guitar came in, then I realized who it was. So many singers since have copied the way he sings.

A small sampling of the music of David Gilmour. Who, as far as I am concerned, is the best rock guitarist on the planet. I always thought they sounded a little bit Beatle-like in that one.

Rap, hip hop, reggae, Irish folk, heavy rock, thrash metal, funk and 70s soul, classical Bach and Ludovico einaudi, British folk rock, funky house, trip hop, break beat.

I wouldn't say weird, but I listen to a very wide range of music. Classical, rock, dance, indie, blues, funk, soul, some jazz, drum and bass, house. I'm not keen on most rap music or garage though. I don't really pay attention to lyrics, so it has to have lots of layers regardless of genre.

I like some video game music, the themes from the Game Boy version of Tetris and Chun Li's Stage theme in Street Fighter for example, and the menu screen themes for Dragon Ninja, Operation Wolf and Robocop on the Spectrum, and of course the in game themes for Dizzy Prince of the Yolk Folk and Wild West Seymour on the Spectrum.

I'm also a BIG fan of musicals, my favourites are as follows, Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds, Joseph and his Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat, My Fair Lady, Hairspray, Grease, and Mamma Mia, and I've seen them all live at least once.

I'm also a major fan of 60's, 70's and 80's Pop, some of that stuff is just MADE of win.

I like you already, lol. Lets share music prefrences.

I'm pretty much open minded, but my go to is mostly metal. (Helloween and Rammstein are my two favorite groups ever)
Marilyn Manson, Rob Zombie and Motionless in White are my go to there. But I also adore Blink 182 - pre Tom's departure. His voice makes me tingle.

I like Manson's covers. Especially sweet dreams. I do think he has a great voice, though not big on his entire discography. I also like Beuatiful People. <3 Rob Zombie I like his singles. I haven't bought an album by him, but my favorite is ***** Liquor. Haven't heard of Motionless in White. Need to check them out.

I have a very wide taste of music. I listen to punk, rap, '70s R&B, prog-rock, J-pop, K-pop, Vocaloid covers, classical, opera, psychedelic rock, grindcore, death metal, black metal, anime OSTs, glam rock.....

I have an extremely strong dislike for religious music, unless we're talking about bands like Deicide.

I have a very wide taste of music. I listen to punk, rap, '70s R&B, prog-rock, J-pop, K-pop, Vocaloid covers, classical, opera, psychedelic rock, grindcore, death metal, black metal, anime OSTs, glam rock.....

I have an extremely strong dislike for religious music, unless we're talking about bands like Deicide.

I'm not religious but there's a handful of Church based songs I like such as...

Lord of the Dance
Kumbaya

And some other stuff I like includes Amazing Grace (I kind of have a love/hate thing with that one, it's widely used at Funerals, and it's 21 years next week since my Granddad died) and Abide with me, which is also often a Funeral song.

New Threads

Top Bottom