• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anybody ever get extreme anger?

TW for mentions of ableism, out-of-control behavior, self-injury, meltdowns, social isolation, and basically just a vent

Yes, I do experience sudden and explosive anger quite often, actually. I didn't used to until about 4 or so years ago....guess I'm just not as good at holding everything in as I used to be, anymore.

The most recent occasion was actually today at church...w/out going into too much detail, today's entire sermon had (what I thought was ) an incredibly ableist overarching theme to it, and hearing it (and knowing the NT churchgoers were hearing it too and probs agreeing with it all) made me very angry, but it wasn't like I could start screaming, punching myself in the head, biting/scratching myself, grabbing hymnals and throwing them, kicking the pew in front of me, or turn over this huge chest that was only a couple feet away from where I sat and stomp on it, so I basically just stewed over it for the remainder of the service, and am still stewing about it. And who knows, I'll probably have a meltdown over it at some point in the not-so-distant future.

....Although, at this point, I've realized that I've never had any actual "real" friends in real life and am never ever going to (and I've made my peace with that), so I honestly don't understand why I shouldn't just act however I want when I get set off. It'd serve everyone right, tbh. I'm tired of always having to hold everything in and hurt myself just so everyone else can continue being happy.

That you all for the responses! When all this happened I was runnin' on a few hours sleep and I was high lol. I'm not an angry guy or anything. Now my dad on the other hand, is the angriest guy on the planet. he explodes with very little provocation. His health has got to have suffered from all that pent up anger.

If someone is mean or rude to you, you have a right to be upset, especially if they're being mean to you on account of your health.

The intensity of said emotion, though, could just be a symptom typical for someone living on the spectrum. Recent research has actually shown that people on the spectrum can experience emotions more intensely than neurotypical types, so I think controlling one's emotions is a common concern for most on the spectrum (I know it's been a huge one for me). It could just be a matter of figuring out ways of trying to balance your methods of tending to sensory overload and regulating your emotions.

I have PTSD and have bad days when I'm furious. I never take it out on other people of course. There's a lot to be mad about, especially with the political climate. But I won't get into that here. Honestly I think most people live in a bubble of denial just to cope with how cruel the world is.

I have PTSD and have bad days when I'm furious. I never take it out on other people of course. There's a lot to be mad about, especially with the political climate. But I won't get into that here. Honestly I think most people live in a bubble of denial just to cope with how cruel the world is.
Blue,
I think I may have ptsd as well. I also know what you are saying about the political strife and my advice is to ignore that stuff. You will be depressed all the time if you actually pay attention to politics. I stopped watching the news years ago. My advice, turn off your tv, radio or computer and take a vacation in a rental cabin in the woods for a weekend.

I went through an experience today where a minimum wage earning, probably childless,husbandless and joyless woman in her late 30s began shaming me in a public setting. Well, she called me belittling names to many people who had probably no idea why someone would say that in the first place. I actually got pissed...I fantasized about throwing hot coffee in her face. I am not and have never been violent with anyone. Pick on somebody with autism, eh? I thought. I actually seriously contemplated committing life changing acts of violence which ISNT ME...EVER...PERIOD. I was raised very well with boundaries and morals.

I am a kind person and I associate with gentle and kind beings.

This anger began back around November. Once I became aware of how people thought they were playin me for a sap I just started carrying around explosive rage. What should I do? I'm fine now but that was a particularly bad episode.

Why? WHY WOULD SOMEONE BE MEAN TO SOMEONE WITH A MENTAL DISORDER? People don't even believe me when I tell them about this abuse. I've never been mean to anyone like that, ever.

Words can do a lot more damage than a fist. My advice would be to shake it off.

She probably was PMSing. You made a lot of assumptions about her but if her behavior was what you described perhaps a non scalding liquid thrown in her face would have been some very effective do it yourself justice? It sounds like he was spoiling for a fight but knew that a man would not fight back. I think most guys would have had the urge to blast her with a right hook.

A man would be less likely to act that way because men run the risk of being punched when the act like jerks.

If this woman is a known jerk, it sounds like she needs some life changing events. Let's hope she doesn't have kids.

It's too bad you could not have provoked her into hitting you then you could have flattened her and had her arrested to boot.

Think about the crap cops have to put up with all the time from these shrews. LOL!

Let me ask you this. Let's say you could have knocked the crap out of her and gotten away with it, would you have? There is nothing more satisfying than some good old fashioned do it yourself justice.

We are fed a lot of blue pills such as... "there is good in everyone" "violence never solved anything" The fact is, what this woman did was unacceptable regardless of your condition. Nobody deserves what you got. This stuff is happening more and more and there is a simple reason for why it i happening more and more and that it is because it's allowed. Had you gone with your instincts, she probably would never do it again. Throwing coffee in her face may not have been legal but it would have been right.

Words can do a lot more damage than a fist. My advice would be to shake it off.

She probably was PMSing. You made a lot of assumptions about her but if her behavior was what you described perhaps a non scalding liquid thrown in her face would have been some very effective do it yourself justice? It sounds like he was spoiling for a fight but knew that a man would not fight back. I think most guys would have had the urge to blast her with a right hook.

A man would be less likely to act that way because men run the risk of being punched when the act like jerks.

If this woman is a known jerk, it sounds like she needs some life changing events. Let's hope she doesn't have kids.

It's too bad you could not have provoked her into hitting you then you could have flattened her and had her arrested to boot.

Think about the crap cops have to put up with all the time from these shrews. LOL!

Let me ask you this. Let's say you could have knocked the crap out of her and gotten away with it, would you have? There is nothing more satisfying than some good old fashioned do it yourself justice.

We are fed a lot of blue pills such as... "there is good in everyone" "violence never solved anything" The fact is, what this woman did was unacceptable regardless of your condition. Nobody deserves what you got. This stuff is happening more and more and there is a simple reason for why it i happening more and more and that it is because it's allowed. Had you gone with your instincts, she probably would never do it again. Throwing coffee in her face may not have been legal but it would have been right.

Hey man. I am very red pilled. I was raised blue pilled. I agree with everything you are saying man.

New Threads

Top Bottom